ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
not that this is my major motive.

but to an extent not wanting to work, study and generally spending energy with basic tasks required for survival, are an important factor to me.

anyone can relate?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: hungry_ghost, Dortydoo, creative and 16 others
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
That's one of the reasons for my most recent (nearly fatal) attempt. Stress of education and underlying mental health issues was not a good cocktail. Also I'm terrified of what the future entails, the only things keeping me here is my dog and fear of hurting others.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: creative, sadworld, daybrake 54 and 7 others
OopsIdidntwanttodie

OopsIdidntwanttodie

Ctb by the 20th of December
Oct 11, 2020
I'm scared of people's intentions. Anywhere where it's essential to build bonds with people gives me crippling anxiety. I'm tired of being used and hurt. CTB is the only way to avoid the bad people.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sadworld, Ximon, searchingfreedom and 6 others
botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
I feel the same way. It's not my main reason, but sometimes it feels exhausting to put effort into those things day after day. Even when I'm not at work, I still think about it and it always gives me anxiety. It feels like after you're finished working, studying, and taking care of all your basic needs, there's very little time left to do something you actually want to do, and then you have to do it all over again. Feels like a big cycle sometimes, even if I enjoy my job for the most part.

• Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, sadworld, Ximon and 3 others
timetofly

timetofly

Student
Aug 8, 2020
I relate a lot and it makes me feel better that I'm not alone thinking along these lines.

When I say I don't want to work, to dance the way the employer wants, to fight with other people for a chance to get a place to slave away my life (am I an animal to them? Is it funny?), people don't understand. "This is how life works", yeah, go fuck yourself :wink:

I'd happily live in a society built around the needs of the people, not the other (modern, old) way, where we are treated like cattle.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, sadworld, Ximon and 5 others
shay23

shay23

Student
Nov 2, 2020
Yes, I feel like Earth/life/the human experience was intended to be beautiful with nature and building fulfilling relationships but instead I'm working like a capitalist cog in the machine which keeps me at the bottom of the social hierarchy. I make enough money to survive.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: boobieobba, it's_all_a_game, Eatyourveggies12 and 7 others
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Yes. I don't want to work in a soul sucking job for the rest of my life. The only things I'm passionate about I either have no desire or ability to pursue in exchange for monetary gains. So society seems me useless and lazy for not wanting to work myself to death to maintain the bare standard of living in a world I was forced into... What a joke.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Eatyourveggies12, sadworld and 7 others
Rn110bg101

Rn110bg101

I want to go home
Apr 18, 2019
I already said it in another thread but yes, having to study/work is a major reason. I don't want to become a slave for the rest of my life and run after numbers, neither do I want to live with and repeat the trauma school forced me with, unfortunately it's mandatory in this world and I already requested a year skip last year.

• Hugs
Reactions: Eatyourveggies12, sadworld, demuic and 1 other person
CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
I don't want to impose on the personal nature of this conversation so I will simply post this and hope it is of help and promotes discussion.

• Love
Reactions: epic and sadworld
elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
I relate a lot and it makes me feel better that I'm not alone thinking along these lines.

When I say I don't want to work, to dance the way the employer wants, to fight with other people for a chance to get a place to slave away my life (am I an animal to them? Is it funny?), people don't understand. "This is how life works", yeah, go fuck yourself :wink:

I'd happily live in a society built around the needs of the people, not the other (modern, old) way, where we are treated like cattle.
I agree with this, you're definitely not alone.
If you even dare to tell someone you don't want to work all they say is 'yeah me neither but that's just life'. It's like they understand how shit it is but they don't care enough to change the system?
I'd literally rather not be alive than have to slave away just so I can afford to live. It's not my only reason to CTB but it's up there
I don't want to impose on the personal nature of this conversation so I will simply post this and hope it is of help and promotes discussion.

I've always found issues with the hierarchy of needs. Straight away, at tier 1 it assumes sex is a basic need on the same level as food, air, and sleep? I'm asexual, not once have I needed sex. I understand most people desire it, but they don't need it to survive. It makes humans sound like some kind of animal acting on instinct alone. Maybe I've misunderstood how it's been defined though
Other than that I think it generally makes sense, and I reckon most of us here are lacking in some of these needs. If we can't see how to obtain or fix something we're lacking in then it inevitably leads to feeling trapped, looking for a way out and death is a way out

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Friend_A, sadworld, demuic and 1 other person
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
Yeh it's a part of the reason why but it is not the main reasons why

Reactions: sadworld and ecmnesia
O

ovaltinee99

Student
Nov 9, 2020
Yeah, I hate that it's impossible to just sit back and relax when you're mentally spent. Just the very act of existing -- taking a shower, brushing your teeth, making food or making money to afford said food, cleaning up after yourself -- already takes so. much. work. Add to that the greedy nature of capitalism where you need money to live a mediocre life... oh boy.

Reactions: boobieobba, sadworld and deleted
cemetorium

cemetorium

Oct 26, 2020
not a main reason but it definitely plays a part.

Reactions: sadworld
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
I do feel like my efforts have gone to waste. You'd think going to college will surely guarantee you will have a good career but apparently it aint 100%.
It hurts even more when you just forced yourself to do so, you're just left here as a husk who knows mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell.

Last edited:
Reactions: elfgyoza and sadworld
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
F0E48C4C 6B10 4F78 99AE 67922F4B6F9C BDFD5523 E6CC 4F30 A458 D367023DBF60
very much so

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, elfgyoza, umbrellaphone and 3 others
M

Moon Flower

I'll soon be sleeping sound
Oct 14, 2019
It's definitely part of it. Even living as a NEET is exhausting

Reactions: Eatyourveggies12 and sadworld
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
It's a pretty big factor for me. Failing in education and being unable to get a job are probably the biggest practical consequences of being depressed for me, and as much as I'd love to say "well those aren't the important things in life" it's really hard to have a life where you literally don't do anything productive ever.

Reactions: sadworld
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
It's one of my reasons to be honest but that's mostly because my depression and anxiety makes it really hard for me to go to work or school. Sometimes I see people my age going to parties and having fun with friends at work and I just wish I could be like them but oh well...

• Hugs
Reactions: umbrellaphone and Homecoming
lilin

lilin

Nov 22, 2020
Yes, me too. Like... I don't want it to be my responsibility to live a life? There is so much outside pressure to do things and be succesful: educate yourself, find a nice job, get a house, have relationships. What if I don't see a point in any of these things? What if I don't want to do literally anything? I don't know, I just lack the inner motivation that pushes people forward. I feel empty.

• Love
Reactions: Pentobarbital_Plz and elfgyoza