K

Kbeau

Student
Jan 17, 2021
I'm new to the group and have just learned of the R2D Rebreather. Prior to that, Exit Bag/Nitrogen would be my ctb method of choice due to effectiveness and peacefulness. But Rebreather seems ideal and easier. I see it for sale on the R2D website but I see some posts here saying its delayed, or being redesigned, or it doesn't work, etc - all very confusing and some contradictory messages. Anyone really in the know who can confirm what's what with Rebreather?

Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
I am sorry to disappoint; the R2D Debreather is a commercial failure.

It was launched a couple of years back with great fanfare but was quickly removed from the market for a number of reasons. Those who have received prior versions of the product have commented on its juvenile build quality.

The official reason for its removal is the unavailability of suitable one-way valves. Many on the forum doubt a simple, commercially available part is the true cause for its market demise.

I personally do not believe it works! There is a design flaw with the product, particularly the sole dependence of gas flow through the closed-loop system powered by the user. Unlike the Exit Bag method which is an open-loop system, there is compressed gas to externally drive the system.

Incidentally, there is a good research article on the history and development of the original "Debreather" device prior to 2010 on my blog. You can find the weblink under my photo, under my name.

• Love
Reactions: Wrennie, Pookie and Kbeau
Upvote 0
K

Kbeau

Student
Jan 17, 2021
Awesome! Just what I was looking for. Yes, too good to be true unfortunately....
I am sorry to disappoint; the R2D Debreather is a commercial failure.

It was launched a couple of years back with great fanfare but was quickly removed from the market for a number of reasons. Those who have received prior versions of the product have commented on its juvenile build quality.

The official reason for its removal is the unavailability of suitable one-way valves. Many on the forum doubt a simple, commercially available part is the true cause for its market demise.

I personally do not believe it works! There is a design flaw with the product, particularly the sole dependence of gas flow through the closed-loop system powered by the user. Unlike the Exit Bag method which is an open-loop system, there is compressed gas to externally drive the system.

Incidentally, there is a good research article on the history and development of the original "Debreather" device prior to 2010 on my blog. You can find the weblink under my photo, under my name.
Ha, you seem to be an expert on exit bag/nitrogen method. Am I correct in my belief that this is one of the most effective and peaceful methods?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mentalmick, Wrennie and Greenberg
Upvote 0
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
If you go to the R2D website its certificate has expired. I doubt they'll renew it unfortunately.

• Aww..
Reactions: Kbeau and Ἡγησίας
Upvote 0