R

randy

Student
Jan 6, 2023
I was using mushrooms and LSD for several months in 2019. My depression got vastly better.

Then I tried DMT hoping for the same therapeutic effects but with a shorter trip time. Big mistake. It crushed me. My depression and anxiety because 10x what it was in the beginning. And I'm still feeling the same way today. Wish I never did the DMT.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Heartaches, yyytry and LittleJem
spoiledsick

spoiledsick

bones to earth, back to god, i'm sick of waiting.
Jan 4, 2023
yeah i did a lot of mushrooms 2021. culminated in a bad trip, won't try it again. on the plus side, it ripped my life apart and i am no longer living a lie. on the negative side, i can no longer pretend i have a perfect life, which was kind of the only thing keeping me going. not sure where else to go from here, which is why death seems like the most appealing option.

Krieger

Krieger

yeah
Apr 16, 2022
I used a lot of shrooms beginning in mid 2021 and ending early 2022 and they made me feel much better at first but then stopped working. I've heard abt people microdosing LSD but I'm not sure how well it'd work.

I have this thing with substances where they make me feel better for a bit then wear off. I got prescribed adderall at 14 and felt so good for a few months. It really made me feel almost magical and I became extremely extroverted & made a bunch of friends but then I crashed hard and started isolating myself. I doubt substances can seriously help me at this point,

• Hugs
Reactions: LittleJem
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I've been trying psilocybin for depression, usually just 0.1g, maxed out at 0.5g (which was too much so I won't go higher than that). I like the effect that it has and I think it has helped clear some things up in my head and given me more perspective. That being said, it hasn't done much for my depression because all the reasons for that remain the same.

I was using mushrooms and LSD for several months in 2019. My depression got vastly better.

Then I tried DMT hoping for the same therapeutic effects but with a shorter trip time. Big mistake. It crushed me. My depression and anxiety because 10x what it was in the beginning. And I'm still feeling the same way today. Wish I never did the DMT.
Damn that really sucks... psychedelics can be helpful but also traumatic in some cases. Do you think it might help to try shrooms or LSD again to try to get your old state back?

R

randy

Student
Jan 6, 2023
I've been trying psilocybin for depression, usually just 0.1g, maxed out at 0.5g (which was too much so I won't go higher than that). I like the effect that it has and I think it has helped clear some things up in my head and given me more perspective. That being said, it hasn't done much for my depression because all the reasons for that remain the same.

Damn that really sucks... psychedelics can be helpful but also traumatic in some cases. Do you think it might help to try shrooms or LSD again to try to get your old state back?
I know what you mean about depression not going away when the underlying reasons are still there.

I did retry the shrooms earlier this year a couple of times and it seemed to make my rumination and depression worse. The dose wasn't very big. I'm kinda reluctant to try a heroic dose, but maybe I no longer have anything to lose.

• Aww..
Reactions: NumbItAll
Capsaicin78

Capsaicin78

Full time failure
May 4, 2022
Really sucks to hear that even psychedelics dont work for some people. Guess I really gotta off myself lol. At least then im at peace

• Hugs
Reactions: NumbItAll and girlsboysthems
S

spinningship

Student
Dec 20, 2022
LSD is what drove me to actively planning suicide rather than just passively thinking about it. Still curious about dmt though, and i'm mentally fucked enough now that there's not much more damage that could be done.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
5 MEO DMT is nicer than DMT. I've not heard of anyone using DMT for depression unless they are drinking Ayahuasca which is a longer drawn out experience. Reviews on Ayahuasca and depression are mixed, but some people find it helpful. Like Prince Harry used it for grief.

Ayahuasca took away my self hatred but I still had depression.

LSD has just recently given me five days off suicidal thoughts. It was taken with other people who were kind and supportive and I talked about a little past trauma and cried about it -which I never have done before. So I think it's more helpful with kind people and specific conversation. A lot of the research uses music playlists though.

OP was it a scary trip?

Jeez am staying in a crack den and even without the suicidal thoughts have no idea what to do with my life. But it is better than the suicidal thoughts. Maybe I'll go for a coffee to get away from the crack smell.
I know what you mean about depression not going away when the underlying reasons are still there.

I did retry the shrooms earlier this year a couple of times and it seemed to make my rumination and depression worse. The dose wasn't very big. I'm kinda reluctant to try a heroic dose, but maybe I no longer have anything to lose.
Did you use a music playlist and headphones? There is one recommended therapeutic playlist online. They work with the music somehow. I personally though find shrooms frightening and prefer LSD. I find this weird sensation in my brain while the mushrooms bring up memories which last time just gave me waves of upset and shame plus an upset tummy. My first trip with them was the nicest. But the research says 25 mg of psilocybin is the dose…

When I did the Ayahuasca the Shaman sings special songs and these songs support what the Ayahuasca is doing -you feel a difference with the music.

I wish they'd let adults sign a waiver and participate in research. Why it's better for people to suffer so much then to try anything that could help.

I think I'm becoming the SS drug preacher/bore at the moment. But five days of relief so far after LSD and I was literally about to buy a rope. I have had bad trips in the past, though they didn't have lasting impact. Am currently on Prozac and my depression is not as terrible as it was, so maybe that helps the trip be better..,

Last edited:
F

ferny

Dec 14, 2021
I really want to try LSD myself to see if it might have any positive effect, I'm on medication though (including lithium, an SSRI and SNRI) and therefore worried that it'll either cause some complication or not result in the desired effect :/

R

randy

Student
Jan 6, 2023
I really want to try LSD myself to see if it might have any positive effect, I'm on medication though (including lithium, an SSRI and SNRI) and therefore worried that it'll either cause some complication or not result in the desired effect :/
yeah, SSRIs block LSD. you'll need to be off them for 5 half-lifes
don't stop ssris cold turkey either

• Informative
Reactions: western_heart
Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
In my earlier life, I took way too much acid and shrooms. I completely understand how the experiences afford the user a unique perspective of themselves, their life and problems. More recently, I have moved to DMT trips. Partly because of the shorter duration (feel like I'm too old for an 8 hour trip) and partly because it's another level. Aside from myself, I know of a few others who also use DMT as a kind of "reset" switch when things become unbearable and it's remarkably effective. Of course, I'm not advocating anyone do anything illegal. Just saying for the record.

Reactions: Sister of the Moon and randy
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I'm still free of suicidal thoughts. Am taking fluoxetine but not everyday and currently LSD a reasonable dose once a week.

Have no idea what to do with my unemployed life and sleeping quite a lot - but depression gone for now.

My last LSD trip - I took two tabs - I felt quite scared during the duration of it - mainly due to ruminating on the past year of being scammed etc But still clear of depression.

I was surprised that the trips have worked for me, as I am on an SSRI, but as said, probably have three days or so of not taking it per week if not more at the moment, due to general disorganisation/living in crack den situation. Fluoextine has a long half life, so I seem to be getting away with not taking it every day.

Olanzapine is what I've been prescribed in addition to the Fluoextine, but at teh moment am taking hte LSD once a week instead.

Reactions: randy and Capsaicin78
R

randy

Student
Jan 6, 2023
I'm still free of suicidal thoughts. Am taking fluoxetine but not everyday and currently LSD a reasonable dose once a week.

Have no idea what to do with my unemployed life and sleeping quite a lot - but depression gone for now.

My last LSD trip - I took two tabs - I felt quite scared during the duration of it - mainly due to ruminating on the past year of being scammed etc But still clear of depression.

I was surprised that the trips have worked for me, as I am on an SSRI, but as said, probably have three days or so of not taking it per week if not more at the moment, due to general disorganisation/living in crack den situation. Fluoextine has a long half life, so I seem to be getting away with not taking it every day.

Olanzapine is what I've been prescribed in addition to the Fluoextine, but at teh moment am taking hte LSD once a week instead.
do you find the SSRI dulls the LSD trips at all?