ResilientAF

ResilientAF

My whole life has been a lie!
Feb 7, 2024
Went to Dr for anxiety meds. Had been in a bad way for quite a while and he had prescribed sleeping tablets but they've reached limit on them. Diagnosis of bipolar but not medicated as they do nothing for me except pack on weight. Reckon anxiety due to current stage of life, hormone fluctuations. So been getting meds for sleep. Now anxiety bad but he refused, as another diagnosis prevents him prescribing beta blockers. No diazepam either, probably have me down as drug seeker. He just refused every request, in front of medical student, enjoying his power trip. I'm guessing he got bollocked for prescribing sleepers due to my history and the ongoing script until they cut it off. He appeared angry, condescending tone. I asked about HRT and he just curtly said, I don't have time for that! He got up and opened the door and stood waiting until I got up to leave. Took everything in me not to give him a few choice words. He was the same at an initial appointment where he dismissed my symptoms. Should have not have given him benefit of the doubt. Left feeling really triggered and that was 2 days ago. Lady at reception said I could lodge a complaint about the Dr but what good would it do if any. If his hormones were plummetting he'd get all the help available and then some. Just because I'm a woman with labels, you're supposed to just suck it up. Sick of being dismissed by power tripping patronising Drs who think they're God! He told me off for supplements I take, he asked but what choice do I gave when any standard options of meds are off the table. I've done everything I can with diet, sleep, cut caffeine, exercise etc and need some input from GP but they're just hanging me out to to dry. Anyone with bipolar able to secure HRT in any way, shape or form? Considering private clinic but if answer is going to be same what is the point. My symptoms are down to perimenopause and fluctuations impacting everything but Dr refuses anything to help ease them. So frustrating! Seen 2 female Drs who told me to adapt diet and a few websites to look at. 🤦‍♀️🤯 Be interested to hear from anyone in similar position who gained HRT script (UK based) but anyone with similar situation to mine, feel free to add your experience. Thanks for taking the time to read. Just needed to get it off my chest as the Dr really wound me up with his dismissive condescending attitude.

• Hugs
Reactions: Heartaches
Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
What a dinosaur. So sorry you and so many other women still have to wade through this bullshit.

We've got a dedicated menopause clinic at my local surgery run by an advanced nurse practitioner. They're very open to HRT at any stage, health permitting obvs, and it's all based around the individual patient. Never mind switching GP. Can you change practice?

Reactions: ResilientAF
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
I appreciate you may not be able to do this, but you're now able to buy certain HRT products without a prescription, by being assessed by a pharmacist. The HRT choice is limited and it obviously costs more than a script, but maybe something you can look in to.

Reactions: ResilientAF
ResilientAF

ResilientAF

My whole life has been a lie!
Feb 7, 2024
What a dinosaur. So sorry you and so many other women still have to wade through this bullshit.

We've got a dedicated menopause clinic at my local surgery run by an advanced nurse practitioner. They're very open to HRT at any stage, health permitting obvs, and it's all based around the individual patient. Never mind switching GP. Can you change practice?
Thanks for your response, I appreciate it. Been with surgery half my life and I kind of feel the Drs are as frustrated with me as I am with them as I don't tolerate meds very well and they feel out of options. My friend reckons I wouldn't get half the crappy treatment I get if it weren't for the labels and history of suicide attempts. There's a local private clinic which I'm going to look into if next appointment with female Dr is a waste of time and I'm fobbed off with Menopause Matters website. I get annoyed at myself that due to the hormonal issue the anxiety and overwhelm is worse than usual so I lose composure during appointment and Dr just goes to town on me and appointment is fruitless. That Dr I saw the other day came close to a punch in the mouth. Pompous turd! Surgery is the closest to me, all others are significantly further so require transport. 🤔. Thanks for your response. 👍
I appreciate you may not be able to do this, but you're now able to buy certain HRT products without a prescription, by being assessed by a pharmacist. The HRT choice is limited and it obviously costs more than a script, but maybe something you can look in to.
Thanks very much for your response, I appreciate it. I didn't know that you could get HRT at chemist, thank you. I'll look into it. Appreciate the info. Was so mad at that Dr, on a real power trip. Wish I had said something to put him in his place. Went out feeling so upset as he triggered me so much. Absolute cockwomble. Thanks for your response, I appreciate it. 👍. Going to ask for referral to local menopause clinic at next appointment. Not going to leave until Dr does something to help. Sick of being dismissed.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ash
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Don't take it personally... Yes I know that sounds patronising when dealing with your health is anything but,.. but I hope you understand.
Only because I know what you're going through, it can feel hopeless, I've experienced the lot, power trips etc its like good cop bad cop sometimes.
Don't let the system have you give up on yourself. Love in your world not theirs.
The latest I had was seeing how major disease and surgery I had for years has been wiped from my records I assume to cover themselves for nearly causing me death and worse disease on many occasions but the sad thing is I'm not the sort to formally claim and seek lawsuits so it just shows how calculated they are in covering themselves and I believe this is why the system had encouraged me to kill myself.

What you say about the doctor getting a bollocking for giving you sleepers, yes the ingames we see where I had a drug worker who was very twelve steps and the doctor eas actually helpful.and gave me sedatives so I ould have a healthier choice of medication for my problem than alcohol but this drug worker went and spoiled that by trying to feel superior oved the doctor....
Life is games and people always stab each other in the back, rather than treat one another how they wish to be treated,.its sad but that's how it bloody is.