J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
This is truly the issue. I was so traumatized coming out of HS and from my skin condition I couldn't make the correct decisions for myself

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Élégie, waitingforrest, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 6 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
depends. if im around certain people or doing certain things, i will rely heavily on them to help me even if i know what im doing.

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest and unnoticed
Distorted

Distorted

living dead youth
Sep 8, 2021
Yes. I have narcissistic, abusive parents who convinced me that they were the only ones who would ever love me and that I was too stupid to function on my own. I was never really given a chance to make my own choices or develop my own identity. In short, I was entirely eclipsed. Everything I do in life is to satisfy others' expectations of me. Since my mom died, I have very little direction in life. Every choice I make seems wrong and I feel the need to appeal to whoever my brain has decided is her "replacement" (for a while it was my partner).

Self love (or even acceptance) is extremely difficult. Most of the time I feel subhuman. I don't want to do anything for my own benefit. When left alone, I will self destruct. Self sabotage, wasting away...It's enjoyable. I turn to anything that can give me sensory pleasure, or make me feel as though I'm not here. Sleep deprivation, binge eating or starving, substances, mindless and intense relationships that never come to true fruition.

I'm surviving until I find a new purpose. That purpose has to be myself, but I believe I have long since missed that critical period.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: waitingforrest, lonelyrealist, outatime_85 and 1 other person
Salvation_

Salvation_

"Please, finish my story."
Nov 25, 2020
I don't know what I'm doing

Reactions: waitingforrest, Journeytoletgo and unnoticed
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
School trauma prevents me from moving forward with my life in many ways.

Reactions: waitingforrest, Journeytoletgo and unnoticed
S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
I was/am. But I think could easily move on from the trauma if I put my mind to it. People in history have moved on from far worse.
Various medical issues stopped me in my tracks and so I have time to dwell on them more.

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest
lonelyrealist

lonelyrealist

Oct 2, 2021
I don't really associate it with high-school, more like due to never having a strong support system- but I feel like I'm in a constant state of indecisiveness. It usually feels like every big decision I make is the wrong decision. I overthink to the point of exhaustion, then I never make the choice which could very well have improved my quality of life. This has happened several times with job offers in the past 5 years. It's like there isn't a right decision, and I'm stuck doing the same things over and over.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: waitingforrest and Disappointered
MelancholyMagic

MelancholyMagic

For my next trick, I will disappear
Dec 12, 2021
Who makes decisions for you if you don't? Or do you mean you make decisions, just often the wrong ones?

J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
Who makes decisions for you if you don't? Or do you mean you make decisions, just often the wrong ones?
I make the wrong decisions or at least I think I do

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Disappointered and waitingforrest
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
I am unable to handle any responsibilities because everything I was fabricated to be was based on lies and taken away from me early on. I have no place in which I would fit socially and even making a phone call makes me anxious.

• Hugs
Reactions: lonelyrealist, Élégie, Journeytoletgo and 1 other person
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
Still stuck in a perpetual state of HS, not of my own choice though, some shit is just burned into my memory. I was like a ghost the whole time there, floating in and out of social groups, enough to exist but not enough to be remembered. Felt like a part of me died during that time and refuses to move on and only the fragments of what remains exists. Like it's me, but not me. Oh, and there was also lunchtime. Fuck lunchtime.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Disappointered, lonelyrealist and Journeytoletgo
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Kind of. Not so much trauma though, more like I just fell flat on my face once I was left to my own devices. The depression, inertia and apathy only worsened as I could never find the drive to do anything meaningful or better myself. I never saw the point of anything and I've been bored of life for as long as I can remember.

• Hugs