F

Failure21

Dec 23, 2022
So recently I have started to pray every night. I pray to God every night for him to either let my former friends give me a second chance so we can be friends again or for me to finally get the spine to ctb. I'm an agnostic atheist so while I'm open to the idea of a God, I don't really believe that he exists so I'm not really sure why I bother doing it or why I even started. Yet every night I find myself praying desperately to a God that either isn't there or doesn't really give enough of a shit to care.

Anyone else find themselves praying for no reason other than the tiny hope there is a God that actually cares?

Reactions: cosmic-joke and gonnaregretthis
unplug

unplug

Vapor Self
Apr 11, 2023
I suppose I do, but I see it as more of an inner dialogue with myself.

F

Failure21

Dec 23, 2022
I suppose I do, but I see it as more of an inner dialogue with myself.
I suppose me talking to God is more out of a desperate need to talk to someone that isn't me even if he's imaginary

H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
I have and it never did any good so I stopped.

Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
I pray to Source/ infinite intelligence for outside help to fix my energy and turn around this crashing car that is my life. I don't believe in God deity.

Danyyyyy

Danyyyyy

Yippee
Mar 19, 2023
I do the same every night just hoping that maybe some things align either for me or others. Im even gonna start church classes but I dont rlly believe in god and stuf ;-; but its also to make my mum happy so im going through it

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I've only found myself doing it when I've been REALLY scared. I was raised to say prayers at night. I just kind of stopped at some point. I'm more of the opinion that there isn't a God now to be honest but when I've been frightened- I suppose I've reached out in desperation.

angelysium

angelysium

。゚• ପ ┈୨♡୧┈ ଓ• 。゚
Apr 16, 2023
Yes, I hope that he does exist, so that he can end me and this world in a snippet. I used to pray for this as a child, but it was obvious that it wasn't happening, and not for my sake, and my sake alone.

S

Suspect_Device

Student
Jul 10, 2022
I was going to start my own thread on this but it was already active. I pray to god a lot despite all the evidence that there is either no god, or there exists a god with fucked up motives that are contrary to human happiness. I prayed for god to either help me live or help me die (three weeks?) ago. Since then my life has gotten WAY worse and I am having even worse vision problems, chronic neck pain, and headaches. Thanks god, message received, you motherfucker.

cosmic-joke

cosmic-joke

Pharmacology master
Oct 6, 2023
So recently I have started to pray every night. I pray to God every night for him to either let my former friends give me a second chance so we can be friends again or for me to finally get the spine to ctb. I'm an agnostic atheist so while I'm open to the idea of a God, I don't really believe that he exists so I'm not really sure why I bother doing it or why I even started. Yet every night I find myself praying desperately to a God that either isn't there or doesn't really give enough of a shit to care.

Anyone else find themselves praying for no reason other than the tiny hope there is a God that actually cares?
I prayed 10 mins ago, I don't like religion but I'm starting to see the undoubtable signs of something higher up than us, life is so surreal post 2018 I lost everything and everyone I'm homeless and completely alone, part of me is sure I'm dead

Reactions: Meditation guide
gonnaregretthis

gonnaregretthis

Oct 2, 2023
i have a weird relationship with prayer, i feel like i talk to or think about god as a form of communication which might count as a prayer. im an ex- rastafari and ex- christan and at this point in my life i dont believe in One God but like a possibility that there is life in everything and that that is what god is. i think in desperate times i revert to these ideas about Christianity that ive abandoned because there are, in a way, more definable because of the history of the religion and its hold on society.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I have prayed, mostly when helpless, scared and in some sort of pain, and I have experienced miracles and help from somewhere, not every time I prayed but a few times, help out of the blue, so there is something or someone helping.

nofunclub

nofunclub

all in all, it’s just another brick in the wall
Jul 17, 2023
I've only found myself doing it when I've been REALLY scared. I was raised to say prayers at night. I just kind of stopped at some point. I'm more of the opinion that there isn't a God now to be honest but when I've been frightened- I suppose I've reached out in desperation.
Same here. I was raised Catholic but stopped believing when I was around 11… I think there's something ingrained deep inside me from the years of forced prayer tho lol, such that when I'm truly desperate, I find myself sending out a call for help. Even though I don't truly believe that anyone's listening.

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep