I don't play an instrument but I sing.

• Love
Reactions: Someone123, Silenos, waitingforrest and 2 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I use to play flute.
I haven't picked it up in years though thanks to my stupid mother and grandmother.
I played it for school (my first pick was drums but meh no complaints). We had a concert and living so far out/having to be there early for one last practice/warmup I figured I'd go with my bf because he lived in town. We went and it was my class turn to go on stage.... (I want to cry..) it was my first time ever without stage fright and I was so proud of myself but.... I searched the crowd.... She said she'd be here.... But she wasnt.... We went to intermission and I found her in the hall. She says she was in the back, but I searched everywhere, I know what my mom's face looks like. She lied, she wasn't there. I went with my class back up to the balcony finished the show and then went home. The whole drive the only thing I heard those 2 fucking cunts talk about was the gr12s and how awesome they were.
(in another thread I said something about always ruining conversations because it seems no matter what we're talking about it triggers something, yeah...)
Anyway, it's been about 7yrs and I've finally picked it back up.... But I need to fix it and I can't find a flute repair kit nor want to spend 200$. I'll fix it at some point, I would like to play again...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Someone123, Silenos, blueming and 1 other person
DontplayGod

DontplayGod

She/her
Feb 6, 2022
I use to play flute.
I haven't picked it up in years though thanks to my stupid mother and grandmother.
I played it for school (my first pick was drums but meh no complaints). We had a concert and living so far out/having to be there early for one last practice/warmup I figured I'd go with my bf because he lived in town. We went and it was my class turn to go on stage.... (I want to cry..) it was my first time ever without stage fright and I was so proud of myself but.... I searched the crowd.... She said she'd be here.... But she wasnt.... We went to intermission and I found her in the hall. She says she was in the back, but I searched everywhere, I know what my mom's face looks like. She lied, she wasn't there. I went with my class back up to the balcony finished the show and then went home. The whole drive the only thing I heard those 2 fucking cunts talk about was the gr12s and how awesome they were.
(in another thread I said something about always ruining conversations because it seems no matter what we're talking about it triggers something, yeah...)
Anyway, it's been about 7yrs and I've finally picked it back up.... But I need to fix it and I can't find a flute repair kit nor want to spend 200$. I'll fix it at some point, I would like to play again...
I'm so sorry about your mom, my parents never showed up to any of my events as a kid. I think my mom went to like 1 concert because I told her some college dude was interested in offering me a scholarship. But flute is such a cool instrument, one of the pieces I recently played had a really moving flute solo. The piece is called "a movement for Rosa" it is a really sad yet beautiful piece in memory of Rosa parks

blueming

blueming

if we can stand outside the borders of time
Sep 21, 2018
I've played piano from a young age. I had to stop a few years ago due to worsening physical and mental health but I've recently been able to start playing again which is nice ^^

• Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and DisillusionedDragon
Blondi

Blondi

Iš Lietuvos
Feb 2, 2021
I don't play any instruments and my singing sounds like a chalk on a school board.

DisillusionedDragon

DisillusionedDragon

Pessimist/Antinatalist
Nov 25, 2020
I played the flute, quite well, tried to get back into it a while ago, but my health keeps preventing me from doing so.
I taught myself the guitar. Though never to a very high skill level.
And I taught myself the piano :) Also not extremely good at it, because I can barely find the time and energy to play.
I'm quite good at picking up instruments. Music is my only passion, but I lack the money and health to pursue it. And I was never supported as a kid anyways, so there never really was a chance to make something of it.
Ugh, still makes me sad. But well.

• Love
Reactions: blueming and Ringo
DontplayGod

DontplayGod

She/her
Feb 6, 2022
I played the flute, quite well, tried to get back into it a while ago, but my health keeps preventing me from doing so.
I taught myself the guitar. Though never to a very high skill level.
And I taught myself the piano :) Also not extremely good at it, because I can barely find the time and energy to play.
I'm quite good at picking up instruments. Music is my only passion, but I lack the money and health to pursue it. And I was never supported as a kid anyways, so there never really was a chance to make something of it.
Ugh, still makes me sad. But well.
This hits too close to home :( I'm so sorry. I'm actually pretty good at trombone I've made the high school allstate band a few years ago and was contracted for a dci corps one season (couldn't March because of mental health). So I'm pretty skilled at it, the thing is that my mental health limits me a ton. I have trouble practicing and honestly only do it maybe twice a month. But without all this mental anguish dragging me down I would be one of the top trombone players in my age group in the world because I would have the ability to practice and the focus to smart practice which I only have the capability of doing for maybe 5 minutes. Sorry if this came off as self absorbed and arrogant, I just yearn for the person I could have been if not for my mental illness

• Hugs
Reactions: Ringo, WrongPlaceWrongTime, Silenos and 1 other person
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
Just pretend his guitar has 2 fewer strings and it's a realistic depiction
wtrvbnynniy31.jpg

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime
R

Ready2GoNow2022

Mar 19, 2022
I play guitar but haven't picked it up for years. Sing, too.

Tamara Tami

Tamara Tami

Student
Sep 15, 2021
used to play bass and sing, i cant anymore due to illness

• Hugs
Reactions: Ringo
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I'm so sorry about your mom, my parents never showed up to any of my events as a kid. I think my mom went to like 1 concert because I told her some college dude was interested in offering me a scholarship.
Yeah, after trying to join a few things in elementary school and realizing I couldn't count on a drive making me unreliable to everyone else, I gave up trying to join anything.

• Aww..
Reactions: DontplayGod
yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
piano/synthesizer

• Love
Reactions: hungry_ghost and Anónimo
Anónimo

Anónimo

Student
Oct 15, 2021
Learning the drums right now

• Love
Reactions: yive
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I have played piano some and I am a master on the kazoo.

Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
I used to play piano, violin, guitar and saxophone, I also tried to sing but my throat is not up to it. But I've been around 2 years without even holding an instrument right now.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No, I don't. I am not talented at anything. I remember when I was much younger going to musical instrument classes and I was so bad at it. I do not have the interest or motivation to learn an instrument anyway.

hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
Owned a variety of different synths over the years, but sold them all.

I wanted to get into bass so I could play metal riffs, but I don't know anything about doing a "setup".

• Love
Reactions: akana and yive
D

DthrowawayA

Sep 17, 2021
I sing if my voice isn't killing me. I also used to take lessons but unfortunately I don't have the financial means to continue it at the moment.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I can play the kazoo and took three years of piano a long long time ago.

WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
My family wasted money on a piano. I think my brother and I took some lessons as kids, that went to waste too. Also played the violin for a few years for school, haven't touched it since.