A

A Lonely Soul

Oct 20, 2023
So after moving cities over 9 months ago, I haven't been to see a therapist, In the past week I've finally made the effort to find a therapist that was accepting clients, and a day after seeing the therapist I've become sick with the flu. Does anyone find that when all your emotions that you've bottled up for a long time comes out all of a sudden you suddenly become sick? This has happened to me a few times now

• Hugs
Reactions: Unhumanly., carac and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Yes, I bottle things up, even though I know its bad for me.
Bottling up emotional problems results in the body producing stress hormones, which results in physical illness.

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
This is basically me, after 20 years of chronic pain that was so real nobody could me it wasn't I discoverd the mind body relationship and after a lot of work I pretty my cured all my chronic pain that had made me almost bedbound and suicidal. I've listened to loads of talks on this, read recources joined support groups I've discovered that so many chronic illnesses we have can be caused or excacerbated by things like stress and anxiety. It's a very complex area though, science doesn't really understand it and most of the doctors that promote a mind body approach only do so because they've witnessed it work first hand.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: A Lonely Soul and Monique696