D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Just curious what gun should one get to proceed with ctb successfully. I'm thinking handgun I don't have the balls for the shotgun. I know people say 9mm jhp but I don't really know what that means

Reactions: raindrop9
T

TheMetalhead

Experienced
Aug 18, 2023
I think 9mm jhp is like a hollow point, if you're going for a handgun then probably something of higher caliber should be used. I'm thinking some .44 or .357 would do the job. Get a good revolver.

Reactions: DreamEnd
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
I think 9mm jhp is like a hollow point, if you're going for a handgun then probably something of higher caliber should be used. I'm thinking some .44 or .357 would do the job. Get a good revolver.
With jhp bullets?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Although I think you're likelihood of success with a shotgun is exponentially better, if you're intent on using a handgun, I'd get a large caliber of some sort, like a .44 Magnum, and use hollow points.

Reactions: Eudaimonic and TheMetalhead
R

rollingthunder

May 3, 2023
I know shotgun is even scarier than handgun somehow, but if you have no experience with guns or aiming, you need to do some very careful research on where to aim your gun if using a handgun of 9mm caliber. You will also likely need to practice at the shooting range. 9mm refers to the "strength" of the bullet, and JHP means Jacketed Hollow Point. There are two main types of bullets, JHP and FMJ (Fullmetal Jacket). FMJ is mostly used for practice at the range, while JHP is used for self-defense or by police. FMJ does not expand upon impact, whereas JHP does. Therefore you want JHP as it will cause the most damage, as opposed to FMJ which has more likelihood of passing all the way through your skull and not damaging enough. It is perfectly normal to buy JHP bullets at the gun store, so don't worry about looking suspicious.

If you are set on using a handgun, practice aiming at the range, and practice where to aim in a mirror. See the guns megathread in the suicide resource compilation for some helpful info on where to aim. It's a long thread and can get rather dense but you don't have to read all of it, the first 5-10 pages will tell you most of what you need to know.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/guns-firearms-megathread.9042/

9mm JHP will probably work, but there have been cases where the person survived. I don't want to scare you, but these are important things to take into consideration. If you want more peace of mind, I would go with a .357 or .44 caliber gun (generally, the higher the number, the "stronger" the bullet). There is more info about these as well in the guns megathread. As for my personal advice, I would still recommend a shotgun (12g with #00 buckshot). Don't ever aim at temple or under your chin, whether with handgun or shotgun.

Good luck my friend. I hope you find peace whether in this life or on the other side.

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
I know shotgun is even scarier than handgun somehow, but if you have no experience with guns or aiming, you need to do some very careful research on where to aim your gun if using a handgun of 9mm caliber. You will also likely need to practice at the shooting range. 9mm refers to the "strength" of the bullet, and JHP means Jacketed Hollow Point. There are two main types of bullets, JHP and FMJ (Fullmetal Jacket). FMJ is mostly used for practice at the range, while JHP is used for self-defense or by police. FMJ does not expand upon impact, whereas JHP does. Therefore you want JHP as it will cause the most damage, as opposed to FMJ which has more likelihood of passing all the way through your skull and not damaging enough. It is perfectly normal to buy JHP bullets at the gun store, so don't worry about looking suspicious.

If you are set on using a handgun, practice aiming at the range, and practice where to aim in a mirror. See the guns megathread in the suicide resource compilation for some helpful info on where to aim. It's a long thread and can get rather dense but you don't have to read all of it, the first 5-10 pages will tell you most of what you need to know.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/guns-firearms-megathread.9042/

9mm JHP will probably work, but there have been cases where the person survived. I don't want to scare you, but these are important things to take into consideration. If you want more peace of mind, I would go with a .357 or .44 caliber gun (generally, the higher the number, the "stronger" the bullet). There is more info about these as well in the guns megathread. As for my personal advice, I would still recommend a shotgun (12g with #00 buckshot). Don't ever aim at temple or under your chin, whether with handgun or shotgun.

Good luck my friend. I hope you find peace whether in this life or on the other side.
thanks, im thinking of a shotgun through the mouth, should be pain free and reliable right? given the fact that recoil occurs

R

rollingthunder

May 3, 2023
thanks, im thinking of a shotgun through the mouth, should be pain free and reliable right? given the fact that recoil occurs
you are correct, shotgun in the mouth is the most reliable method (and painfree as you are instantly dead). you don't need to worry about recoil because that happens after the bullet has left the gun by which time you are already dead. one thing i will advise about shotgun suicide is that it is incredibly messy and traumatizing to the person who discovers your body. i would recommend doing this where your friends and family can't find you, and notifying emergency services right before you do it so that they can send police officers.

LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
A revolver is not a good choice if you're a novice around handguns, a small semi automatic like a Walter ppk will do the job, also the angle right is the important part!
🐺

T

thetrout

Jul 25, 2023
It's intensely frustrating to live in the U.S. surrounded by guns yet being unable to buy a simple shotgun. I won't pass a background check (required in my state). And my neighboring states, though they are among the most lax regarding gun laws, require residency. Private sellers? Sure, but they check ID. It is definitely *not* easy to get firearms in the U.S. for everyone.

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
It's intensely frustrating to live in the U.S. surrounded by guns yet being unable to buy a simple shotgun. I won't pass a background check (required in my state). And my neighboring states, though they are among the most lax regarding gun laws, require residency. Private sellers? Sure, but they check ID. It is definitely *not* easy to get firearms in the U.S. for everyone.
were you hospitalized before?

T

thetrout

Jul 25, 2023
DV conviction 20-plus years ago. FWIW, dumbest case ever. We shoved each other, then both called the cops, who arrested us both, lol. I pleaded guilty just to move on with my life. Served like six months on probation. Wife fought it and the case was dismissed because it was dumb. Anyway, never occurred to me at the time that it would have such a big impact on my life. Lessons learned, that's for sure.