Y

You

Nov 29, 2019
Anyone here is interested in the military just the combat.

Reactions: Dead beat dad
T

Thejackal

Feb 15, 2020
I enlisted in my countries 9 month national service

• Love
Reactions: Oyoy
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I love military films. Black Hawk Down, Lone Survivor etc. Wanted to be a combat medic actually but they refused me because I have hand and finger tattoos.

• Aww..
Reactions: Oyoy and Dead beat dad
peacefully31425

peacefully31425

Dirtbag
Aug 28, 2018
I wanted to join back when I was in high school.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I would have liked to have done it for the self-sufficiency and training. But I'm not the right sort of character. I wouldn't have take to the authority very well.

M

michaelbrownlee

Mar 1, 2020
If there was a decent chance I'd die in combat I'd sign without a second thought

Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
I love military films. Black Hawk Down, Lone Survivor etc. Wanted to be a combat medic actually but they refused me because I have hand and finger tattoos.
Same here. I was declined somewhat ironically because of the things that brought be here

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Don't join the military, you are basically an order follower who commits violence on others for a paycheck. It is immoral to kill other people even though the government leaders gave u orders that u can. Basically u are more morally culpable for carrying out orders that often cause harm to others than the order givers. So unless u want to carry the karmic burden of harming others don't join the military. Plus you are funded through theft from the other people's earnings. I realize not everyone in military will be killing people but it can be a requirement and unless it's in self defense u are murdering other people. But in the military they typically send u on a mission where it's likely u will have to harm other people. Don't be a hit man to carry out the dirty work of the political class. People who become cops and military are not good people and end up being responsible for mass genocides, because they just follow orders even if it causes harm. The excuse is I was just following orders so it's justified that I do immoral things like enforce violence on others even if they haven't done anything to me. I realize it's tempting to go in the military bc there is some perks but don't be mistaken that u are some upstanding good guy who deserves to be recognized for going into service to do the bidding of the ruling class. That doesn't make u a hero.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lost in a Dream and faust
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
37bceb06bebb28b5147e93473918552b

Sorry, this sign describes my opinion fully

joshe

joshe

Wanderer
Jun 1, 2019
I'm interested in Green Resistance if you want to discuss that

Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
I've thought about joining the military

Not to make this dark but it would be a win-win for me. I would love to protect my country and keep everyone safe but it's also comforting to know that my life could be over whenever.

Aside from that, I love the idea of others being happy, free, and just overall enjoying life and that's my reason for wanting to join. I don't know if I ever would because I have other aspirations also, but I really love the idea. I literally love seeing others happy ❤ When others around me are sad, I feel even more sad, empty, and oddly enough lonely so maybe that's where the joy comes from.

• Love
Reactions: Oyoy
Werewolf

Werewolf

Without shelter
May 12, 2020
Well I did what was in my country the 12 month compulsory military service, I.e you got drafted whether you wanted to or not. It was basic military training, constant drills, constantly tired. Sleep eat crap when they tell you to etc but actually was a good experience in retrospect.

I met a few friends and as we were part of a mechanized unit got drivers licenses for busses and heavy trucks completely for free
Not something I could see myself doing for a living though, I also doubt they'd dare entrust with a gun these days lol.