chlorine

chlorine

I am free, therefore I am lost.
Apr 12, 2019
If anyone is interested in these topics, we can share our mbti type, zodiac signs (I don't really believe in astrology, but I find that they are sometimes right regarding personality traits of the signs, though sometimes they're not right at all), and eannagram type. I think I'm an INFP (thought I was INTP and many other types but I'm still not sure), eannagram 4w5, capricorn even though I don't relate to it at all, I'm more like a scorpio/gemini lol

• Love
Reactions: theslasher, cryvinglightning, sserafim and 2 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Derren Brown did a show on astrology a while ago, he did charts for the people on the show. He sent them away and told them not to share them with anyone else, at the end of the show he brought them back and asked them for their opinion, they all agreed that the Charts were fairly accurate.
He then asked them to read out their charts one at a time, it became apparent fairly quickly that he had given everyone identical charts.
https://www.snotr.com/video/11817/Are_horoscopes_accurate

Reactions: sserafim, Manaaja, chlorine and 1 other person
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
Derren Brown did a show on astrology a while ago, he did charts for the people on the show. He sent them away and told them not to share them with anyone else, at the end of the show he brought them back and asked them for their opinion, they all agreed that the Charts were fairly accurate.
He then asked them to read out their charts one at a time, it became apparent fairly quickly that he had given everyone identical charts.
https://www.snotr.com/video/11817/Are_horoscopes_accurate

The same with Japanese blood types. I read the descriptions, and to me, all 4 blood types sounded pretty much identical.

And as for astrology, the thing is, they are always so vague, that they can mean anyone and anything. "You'll be happy about something this week." Well shit, most people are happy at least one second every week, even I am sometimes happy even though I'm most of the time really depressed, pessimistic and suicidal. Or, "You'll meet a person soon". If you don't live in Antartica, chances are you will meet someone. In other news, water is wet.

I don't believe in the zodiac signs either, but if I did, the 13th zodiac sign, the snake bearer, is the best. However, I might believe that the birth season (summer vs winter etc.), influences the person somewhat, but I dunno. And it does at least influence a person's health, according to scientific studies.

I hate MBTI because I am half introvert, half extrovert, and the dumb test thinks that a person is either oversocial butterfly Toreador, or a basement-dwelling neckbeard Gangrel, no in-between Brujahs accepted.

No idea what eannagram is.

Reactions: theslasher, sserafim and chlorine
chlorine

chlorine

Apr 12, 2019
The same with Japanese blood types. I read the descriptions, and to me, all 4 blood types sounded pretty much identical.

And as for astrology, the thing is, they are always so vague, that they can mean anyone and anything. "You'll be happy about something this week." Well shit, most people are happy at least one second every week, even I am sometimes happy even though I'm most of the time really depressed, pessimistic and suicidal. Or, "You'll meet a person soon". If you don't live in Antartica, chances are you will meet someone. In other news, water is wet.

I don't believe in the zodiac signs either, but if I did, the 13th zodiac sign, the snake bearer, is the best. However, I might believe that the birth season (summer vs winter etc.), influences the person somewhat, but I dunno. And it does at least influence a person's health, according to scientific studies.

I hate MBTI because I am half introvert, half extrovert, and the dumb test thinks that a person is either oversocial butterfly Toreador, or a basement-dwelling neckbeard Gangrel, no in-between Brujahs accepted.

It depends on the test. You should take the one that measures (obv not precisely) your cognitive functions based on Carl Jung's theory. Or just don't base your type on tests and try figuring it out yourself through self analysis but with external feedback, otherwise we're all biased.

Reactions: Manaaja
S

S5E51mbB

2+2=5
Apr 1, 2019
MBTI really interested me. I've looked into eannagrams a bit. INTP 5w4.
The whole type division of MBTI, and lack of test-retest reliability really irked me. Jungian cognitive functions did respark an interest in it.

On a related note, are you interested in socionics?

Reactions: sserafim and chlorine
chlorine

chlorine

Apr 12, 2019
MBTI really interested me. I've looked into eannagrams a bit. INTP 5w4.
The whole type division of MBTI, and lack of test-retest reliability really irked me. Jungian cognitive functions did respark an interest in it. How long have you been interested in mbti/socionics?

On a related note, are you interested in socionics?
I'm glad to hear there's someone here with this interest. And yes, I'm interested in socionics too but I haven't read about
it for a while. So I would probably be an INFj in that system if I remember correctly.

Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
It depends on the test. You should take the one that measures (obv not precisely) your cognitive functions based on Carl Jung's theory. Or just don't base your type on tests and try figuring it out yourself through self analysis but with external feedback, otherwise we're all biased.

I took the 16 personalities test a while ago. It said that I'm a logician, the same as Albert Einstein and Bill Gates and Rene Descartes (one of my favorite philosophers). 25% extroverted and 75% introverted, 85% intuitive and 15% observant, 70% thinking and 30% feeling, 40% judging and 60% prospecting.

I also took an official IQ test. Guess whose IQ is 120, nhej nhej. Of course, IQ tests are unreliable. A long time ago I read about a study in which there were some African students who first got 75 from an official IQ test. They then trained for two weeks, and the next time they did the test, they got 95. Their IQ rose by 20 points in two weeks.

I guess I can also take the Jung theory test when I have time or interest.

Reactions: sserafim
chlorine

chlorine

Apr 12, 2019
I took the 16 personalities test a while ago. It said that I'm a logician, the same as Albert Einstein and Bill Gates and Rene Descartes (one of my favorite philosophers). 25% extroverted and 75% introverted, 85% intuitive and 15% observant, 70% thinking and 30% feeling, 40% judging and 60% prospecting.

I also took an official IQ test. Guess whose IQ is 120, nhej nhej. Of course, IQ tests are unreliable. A long time ago I read about a study in which there were some African students who first got 75 from an official IQ test. They then trained for two weeks, and the next time they did the test, they got 95. Their IQ rose by 20 points in two weeks.

I guess I can also take the Jung theory test when I have time or interest.
the test on 16personalities is not accurate. I got INTP too at first and i though it was right. But now i really dont think it was. Anyone can think anything about themselves, one could self sabotage into getting the result they think fits them best, but it doesnt mean it's actually the truth. The best thing imo is getting yourself typed by someone else or trying to figure it out by yourself by being as unbiased as possible. And the most reliable tests are the ones on cugnitive functions, at least from my experience. It makes more sense.
IQ tests can also be very unreliable if taken on the internet, i've never taken an official one and the results i got from the ones online ranged from 115 to 131, so go figure. Maybe the one on the MENSA site is the most accurate, but still.. anyway i don't think iq is a very important parameter and it surely doesn't measure one's full spectrum of intelligence. It's very limited.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Yeah, I am. I'm a Virgo, INTP, 5w4.

Japanese blood types are interesting. They all sound different from each other though. What's your type? I'm type B and I think it's pretty accurate

Last edited:
Reactions: theslasher
cryvinglightning

cryvinglightning

it gets worse before it gets better.
Oct 27, 2023
i'm a taurus and a INFP. i'm really interested in astrology and numerology. i even do tarot readings lol.

natthebrat

natthebrat

only help i want is with ctb
Jul 9, 2023
I look up stuff related to MBTI and Enneagram all the time. Idk why, I guess I just like to hear there's others with similar behaviours to me and having a label for them. I'm an ISFJ (although my MBTI result varies quite often depending on the test) and a 6w5.

SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
I was very interested in typology for quite a while and have done some research into the topic. Don't know much about astrology though.

For anyone interested in the topic and want to look a bit further into it: 16personalities is BS.

I would highly recommend looking more into the Jungian theory and 8 cognitive functions , and quite a few theoretical models based on this (classic Jungian, John Beebe's archetype model, Linda Berens' model, Socionics, etc.). Although not perfect these are more complicated and precise theories than just Myers Briggs and 16p lol. The type says more about the way you think and process information than your "personality type" in boarder sense.

There are different systems of Enneagram as well. I'll name a few: Naranjo's enneatypes, Helen Palmer's narrative enneagram, Riso-Hudson model with wings and level of development, Beatrice Chestnut's 27 types, Katherine Fauvre's tritype system.

I could write a long essay to criticize these theories lol, but come on, it's more than just an online personality test for entertainment.

theslasher

theslasher

psychonaut
Jun 12, 2023
It's crazy how many times I've read INTP on this thread because that personality type is only 3.3% of people apparently. https://www.careerplanner.com/mb2/typeinpopulation.cfm

Anyways I took the 16 personalities quiz a few days ago and got INTP as well. When looking into the personality type I'd say it's fairly accurate but slightly exaggerated. I mean I am definitely an introvert, but only bc I don't like most people, around people I fw am more of an extrovert. As for the professions as a logician, yeah it definitely matches what I see myself doing in the future.

As for enneagram I took it many years ago but forgot, maybe I'll take it again soon. As for the star sign I don't believe in that stuff either but I am a Sagittarius. Maybe I'll look into astrology one day just for fun... but there's no way our perceptive location of the stars (that are many light years away) in comparison to the earth will have any effect on our personalities. Whenever I've met people in real life who whole heartedly believe in superstitions like that, take anecdotes as proof, and are blatant results of confirmation bias, they're almost always on the less intelligent side of the spectrum lol. Funny story, my brother now has multiple "birthdays" bc when he had a travel job and would go on tinder, he would tell each girl he had a different star sign depending on her star sign and what it was compatible with. He said it had a 90% success rate lmao.