AloeGarten

AloeGarten

magicka
May 14, 2021
i started recently and i didnt think itd change much but honestly its helped a lot. after seeing some results, its nice to actually look at my body and not feel shame for once. its a little confidence boost too, plus the best part is that when i workout when im feeling bad, i feel way better after. a hard workout feels like a mental reset, plus its a healthy habit to have. its been hard to keep at it but i have, anyone else relate?

• Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Marine, WAITING TO DIE and 2 others
AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
Yes. Late last year I was injured at work. I got surgery and as a part of my physical therapy to get back to work they put me through "work hardening" - basically physical therapy meets work simulation. They put me through a few weeks of regular exercise and it truly did wonders. I'm definitely not all the sudden in shape, but I've been able to feel the difference in my body. It inspires me to exercise, which I've never been into. It seems a big aspect is passing the wall of it's uncomfortable to how you feel you body adjusting in a positive way.

It may sound like an exaggeration, but the process has opened me to a space where I actually feel good in my body. Not a magic bullet, but has definitely made a positive influence.

I don't go to the gym, but do stuff at home. I'm looking into new things I can incorporate, if you have resources or suggestions.

Reactions: LoiteringClouds and WAITING TO DIE
ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
Everyday I work out my legs because I always run away from my problems!

• Yay!
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, WAITING TO DIE, just_a_guy and 2 others
just_a_guy

just_a_guy

thispersondoesnotexist
Oct 27, 2023
I started again recently and it leaves me feeling good and the routine and change to my body also helps

Jinxyxx

Jinxyxx

Oct 29, 2023
I workout regularly and it actually helped me so much with my selfharming problem. It helps much more than youd expect.

Reactions: LoiteringClouds
LivideLamb

LivideLamb

I'm so decaying, feeling like an ashtray
Jan 5, 2020
It does help quite a lot for me. I do yoga nearly everyday. I'm always trying to push myself, be more flexible, tense my muscles, etc. It helps me with knowing my body. In the long term, it did helps me. Physically, mentally, in having a healthier lifestyle

TransilvanianHunger

TransilvanianHunger

Grave with a view...
Jan 22, 2023
I am horribly inconsistent when it comes to working out. I decide to start doing it, and actually do it for a few weeks until the day I find a reason to skip it. "Just this once, I'll get back to it tomorrow." And I usually do get back to it the next day, but the crack is already there and finding another reason to skip is easier than it was the first time. "I already skipped two days this week, I'll just take the rest of the week off and get back to it properly next week.

Eventually, I simply stop. Then, I get the urge to do it again in a few months, start, and the cycle repeats.