• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

M

Motoko

Feb 27, 2020
I have a full time job and I want to move out, because I live in a shithole. But I don't know how much longer I will last at this job.
Do you think moving out from stressful place would help me?
I want to find piece. But also, I'm afraid that if I move, I will have some shitty neighbor who will be playing loud music whole night or something like that and I will not be able to find a piece.
Please tell me there's someone who moved out, lives on his own, has full time job, and all of that has helped him with his condition.

• Hugs
Reactions: not4us, Fehler and Elysium Searcher
B

bodrioirredento

that's enough of this
Jun 25, 2021
You have the answer in your own question. It depends on the luck that you have with neighbors and the apartment itself.

You gain some "freedom" if you want to be naked in the living room or the kitchen is OK, don't clean anything is OK, if you want be wake up all night doing something its OK.
Sometimes is very lonely, But you have to learn to live on your own.

For example a recently moved from a shithole like you said, and got a little apartment for rent, but the neighbors that live in the apartment upstairs, are a bunch of asholes, 5 people 3 pitbulls that run along all day, in a two bedroom apartment. it doesn't matter the hour i know exactly in which place those fucking dogs are.

In the other hand are the asholes, dragging furniture at 2 am, droping chairs, they let their child skate inside the apartment at 1 am and the list goes on, I can't do nothing because they own the apartment and are very close friends of my landlord.

I can't sleep in the apartment without earplugs or be there without headphones.

Take that as example, don't go and rent the first apartment that you see, make your research, as advice i will choose the upper flor and in a corner to deal with less stupid people.

Congratulations in this step you're taking, it's a big one, and I hope you got the best place for you.

Reactions: Fehler and Elysium Searcher
M

Motoko

Feb 27, 2020
You have the answer in your own question. It depends on the luck that you have with neighbors and the apartment itself.

You gain some "freedom" if you want to be naked in the living room or the kitchen is OK, don't clean anything is OK, if you want be wake up all night doing something its OK.
Sometimes is very lonely, But you have to learn to live on your own.

For example a recently moved from a shithole like you said, and got a little apartment for rent, but the neighbors that live in the apartment upstairs, are a bunch of asholes, 5 people 3 pitbulls that run along all day, in a two bedroom apartment. it doesn't matter the hour i know exactly in which place those fucking dogs are.

In the other hand are the asholes, dragging furniture at 2 am, droping chairs, they let their child skate inside the apartment at 1 am and the list goes on, I can't do nothing because they own the apartment and are very close friends of my landlord.

I can't sleep in the apartment without earplugs or be there without headphones.

Take that as example, don't go and rent the first apartment that you see, make your research, as advice i will choose the upper flor and in a corner to deal with less stupid people.

Congratulations in this step you're taking, it's a big one, and I hope you got the best place for you.
Thanks. Your neighbors suck. The only upside is that you can move and rent something else I guess, once the contract expires?
I don't know what's worse, living in a shitty conditions and have quiet neighbors, or the opposite. :I
Btw. I'm also considering renting a room in a 2 room apartment (it's cheaper), so I would share apartment with one stranger. Sometimes I think it can end up nice, because maybe we would talk from time to time, but it can also end up bad, because he would be like one of your neighbors for example. :I

Reactions: Elysium Searcher
B

bodrioirredento

that's enough of this
Jun 25, 2021
Thanks. Your neighbors suck. The only upside is that you can move and rent something else I guess, once the contract expires?
I don't know what's worse, living in a shitty conditions and have quiet neighbors, or the opposite. :I
Btw. I'm also considering renting a room in a 2 room apartment (it's cheaper), so I would share apartment with one stranger. Sometimes I think it can end up nice, because maybe we would talk from time to time, but it can also end up bad, because he would be like one of your neighbors for example. :I
You got a point right there, you have to know a person to share your home and sharing the apartment is gong to take you some privacy, but as a personal experience, healing and loneliness is not a good combination.

But who knows maybe it work for you. Give it a try, one big part for recovery is make things different.

Reactions: Fehler and Elysium Searcher
M

Motoko

Feb 27, 2020
You got a point right there, you have to know a person to share your home and sharing the apartment is gong to take you some privacy, but as a personal experience, healing and loneliness is not a good combination.

But who knows maybe it work for you. Give it a try, one big part for recovery is make things different.
Thanks. I still need to figure out the best "portable" method for ctb. In case I hit the deepest bottom once i move out, I have to know I have plan B.
I wish you better neighbors if you will have the opportunity to move to different place in the future. :)

Reactions: bodrioirredento
Fehler

Fehler

Oct 12, 2020
In my case, I was saving for years while I was working since I lived with my mother. Once a certain amount had been accumulated (and with the work lost due to the covid ..) I became independent, which was one of the things I wanted most in my life. But...just what you said happened to me, on top of me I had a fucking wretch that made me bitter every day.
I was 6 months in my first apartment until I couldn't take it any longer and I ended up leaving, with due vengeance which did not come cheap for him :hihi:.
In the new apartment I feel much better, because of the area and the general tranquility...with a bearable noise.

If you tell me that you are not well where you are now and you can afford to live alone, I would recommend that you do so. Start looking at floors, take it easy but without pause; Try to have a few appointments a week with different landlords / realtors and don't be shy about asking about the neighbors, although they will practically always tell you that "no complaints".
The ideal is the highest floor (although usually the most expensive ..), so at least you make sure that if they are annoying neighbors that the sound does not come from above, which is the worst.

Reactions: Motoko and bodrioirredento