agentgeez

agentgeez

Student
Jun 30, 2020
I mostly play it single-player, meaning I usually just play through the stories when I'm in the mood or a new one comes out, so I haven't played in a while. I haven't even felt like playing the DLC that came out recently, but I'm sure I'll get around to it if I happen to hyperfixate, haha. My favourite game is probably Black/White as I have a lot of memories with it and my favourite Pokémon is Slowbro; the concept of an oblivious powerhouse just appeals to me. It's a fun series that has always brought a lot of joy to me, even though I don't think Sword/Shield were exactly spectacular.

• Love
Reactions: somniummalum
S

somniummalum

Student
Jul 3, 2020
I mostly play it single-player, meaning I usually just play through the stories when I'm in the mood or a new one comes out, so I haven't played in a while. I haven't even felt like playing the DLC that came out recently, but I'm sure I'll get around to it if I happen to hyperfixate, haha. My favourite game is probably Black/White as I have a lot of memories with it and my favourite Pokémon is Slowbro; the concept of an oblivious powerhouse just appeals to me. It's a fun series that has always brought a lot of joy to me, even though I don't think Sword/Shield were exactly spectacular.
My favorite is Heartgold / Soulsilver... I can literally play this story again and again, never getting tired of this.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
never played it and I am sad

• Aww..
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I used to play it back in the days of the original gameboy. Thats been some time ago now though.

S

somniummalum

Student
Jul 3, 2020
never played it and I am sad
I used to play it back in the days of the original gameboy. Thats been some time ago now though.
I've just started playing it again on the original gameboy. Good thing I've kept this thing around. It's a really nice time to pass some time, feeling the nostalgia, living in this different world.

• Love
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I've just started playing it again on the original gameboy. Good thing I've kept this thing around. It's a really nice time to pass some time, feeling the nostalgia, living in this different world.
My OG gameboy died unfortunately. The screen finally burnt out on it. Otherwise I'd still play it too every once in a while. Eventually I'll get around to ordering another because I still have all the game cartridges.

S

somniummalum

Student
Jul 3, 2020
My OG gameboy died unfortunately. The screen finally burnt out on it. Otherwise I'd still play it too every once in a while. Eventually I'll get around to ordering another because I still have all the game cartridges.
It's pretty cheap on Amazon I think.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Yup, mystery dungeon and Pokémon shield edit: also lets go eevee

• Love
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
I play Pokemon games on emulators a lot. Means, only old consoles (NDS and prior) but hey, ROM hacks are great. My favorite is too, HG/SS (in particular, Drayano60's hacks with higher difficulty, all pokemons catchable and less need for HMs, really waiting for his remade HG/SS) just for the sake of being able to have your Pokemon follow you around lol.

• Love
S

somniummalum

Student
Jul 3, 2020
I play Pokemon games on emulators a lot. Means, only old consoles (NDS and prior) but hey, ROM hacks are great. My favorite is too, HG/SS (in particular, Drayano60's hacks with higher difficulty, all pokemons catchable and less need for HMs, really waiting for his remade HG/SS) just for the sake of being able to have your Pokemon follow you around lol.
That sounds really cool actually. What does raised difficulty mean? Like what is more difficult?

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I do, though mainly older pokemon games, like Generation I-IV, maybe V. I mainly have older gaming systems rather than the newer, modern ones. Pokemon has a lot of replay value simply because there are so many ways to beat the game, including challenging yourself to do daring feats just for the satisfaction of clearing such a run.

• Love
S

somniummalum

Student
Jul 3, 2020
I do, though mainly older pokemon games, like Generation I-IV, maybe V. I mainly have older gaming systems rather than the newer, modern ones. Pokemon has a lot of replay value simply because there are so many ways to beat the game, including challenging yourself to do daring feats just for the satisfaction of clearing such a run.
YES. I play Pokemon on the original Nintendo DS or Gameboy. I challenge myself to beat the story with interesting, creative sets and combinations of Pokemon. Also I just love running through this giant world, reading all the dialogs and stuff. Ahhhh... just love it.

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
My first pokemon games were diamond and pearl and I loved them until I got to victory road. All, but one of my pokemon were under leveled and I made it to the end and a random pokemon defeated me. I was so mad that I raged quit and sold both games. Also because some of the music scared me like the cave music and old chateau.

Help_Me

Help_Me

Gene pool mistake
Oct 21, 2018
Sure. The old ones of course, like red, blue, gold, silver. Those are games of my childhood. They are also known for not just having way too much glitches, but being the glitch itself. Seriously, those games are so broken, but I still love them)

CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
That sounds really cool actually. What does raised difficulty mean? Like what is more difficult?
Trainer battles. They have higher level and sometimes larger teams with altered movepools. Esp. with no-items-in-battle approach that I use. It actually pushes me to focus more on team-building and explore different moves, instead of plowing through everything with 1-2 pokemon.

K

Kain10th

May 7, 2020
All was still right in the world when I first played Pokemon