• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

P

psychopomp

Jun 19, 2018
Wondering if anyone here loves archiving information and collecting and connecting things. Like have tons of folders, research, articles, books, multimedia, etc. Could be any topic.

Reactions: Tragoedia Vitae, Roberto, Wolfjob_dayjob and 2 others
T

Taylored

I've figured it out
Sep 20, 2018
I like to archive everything I have a couple 2TB disks around me with all sorts of junk

Reactions: Jodes
Minudah

Minudah

Stupid
Dec 3, 2018
I like to but don't anymore because I don't have the energy to out into it, and my collections of information have been wiped away by technology too many times. I also got sick of ending up with opinions that pretty much unheard of, and coming up with crazy ideas no one else thought of. It's fun to connect dots on unrelated topics

Reactions: Eeyore
Norest4thewicked

Norest4thewicked

Losing it
Nov 4, 2018
Lots of research on niche subjects. Nothing really useful!

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
I have retired (but healthy) hard disks going back to elementary school. No value to anyone else. But still...

P

psychopomp

Jun 19, 2018
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
I was going to make my own cache of the internet. In otherwords, absolutely everything I visit gets saved. This means not only can I track changing information, but if I want to refer back to the page a second time I can do so without anyone knowing. It's even possible to cache google searches, so you can search your chached pages entirely offline. A privacy freak's dream. There are services for this, but I was going to do it from as low a level as possible...

I have enough hardware to make a basic PC from scratch if I had to. A superb resolution of monochrome 256x64, even with text browsing. Though the cache would need something a bit beefier.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
Eeyore

Eeyore

Aug 4, 2018
Lately I have been collecting all sorts of sounds(foley, field recording) and will buy a removable hard drive because my pc hard drive is getting full. So yes.

Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
I like to archive everything I have a couple 2TB disks around me with all sorts of junk
With manuals only being online, free software downloads disappearing, social media giants taking ownership of all your "content" it's a good idea. I'll be fucked if I let them have any more. I'm just going to post these beliefs publicly and everything else that's on my mind.
Lots of research on niche subjects. Nothing really useful!
Come on, like what? :)
What kind of stuff.

Such as

Wait you have stuff going that far back. Like about you and your life? Or just info
I hear ya @psychopomp

Last edited:
Eeyore

Eeyore

Aug 4, 2018
With manuals only being online, free software downloads disappearing, social media giants taking ownership of all your "content" it's a good idea. I'll be fucked if I let them have any more. I'm just going to post these beliefs publicly and everything else that's on my mind.

Come on, like what? :)

I like your idea of saving websites. I have heard of people doing that with wikipedia. I myself look for recordings of animals, water, metal, wood, people talking, burping, wind etc. whatever I can find. And if I see a potential for a good sample that I can mutate into something else I download it. But I have to get a field recorder to record my own stuff so I dont depend on internet.

And yes the internet from 2006 is a different thing now and who knows what will change. The freedom we have now will be taken and the stuff that was free will become price tagged. Better enjoy it while we can

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and Jodes
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
Has anyone heard of OSINT? It's scary stuff. It's what businesses and governments do on an enormous scale

Wolfjob_dayjob

Wolfjob_dayjob

Student
Oct 19, 2018
Obsession and Off are the only two ways I can feel about my 'thing'. My 'thing' can last months, I can research pretty far. Lately my things have been Snakes (so cute!), Tarantulas..and DMC?

Do you hang out with the data hoarder people on certain forums? Seems like it would have been useful to preserve some youtube videos that are changed now and old google groups that are all but gone (among other things I won't directly talk about in polite company hehem)...but I can't archive it all.

There's so much useless jargon knocking around my head too. So brain um, can I get a steady supply of dopamine please?

Last edited:
Reactions: Norest4thewicked and Jodes
Norest4thewicked

Norest4thewicked

Losing it
Nov 4, 2018
@Jodes tarantulas, I have kept them for over 30 years. Kind of a walking encyclopedia on serial killers too. Horror movies, I have a ridiculously large collection of them.

Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
@Jodes tarantulas, I have kept them for over 30 years. Kind of a walking encyclopedia on serial killers too. Horror movies, I have a ridiculously large collection of them.
Ooh the serial killers seriously interests me. My partner even more so! Shame my memory is useless. Why are you into serial killers?

Reactions: Norest4thewicked
R

Roberto

Wizard
Jan 19, 2019
Wondering if anyone here loves archiving information and collecting and connecting things. Like have tons of folders, research, articles, books, multimedia, etc. Could be any topic.
Films & Books. But I don't read them. Just watch films. I'm hooked to Internet.

Norest4thewicked

Norest4thewicked

Losing it
Nov 4, 2018
@Jodes I'm not too sure! Started when I was a kid with John Christie H H Holmes and John Haigh. Was just fascinating to try to understand the mindset and motivation.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
For a particular topic of interest, yes sometimes I collect photos and videos of a particular topic (that I am interested in). As far as researching information, years ago and even in the recent months, I've researched a lot about firearms and ballistics as it pertains to my method of ctb'ing.

Reactions: Norest4thewicked