Neverfeltdeader

Neverfeltdeader

Can you hear me drift away?
Dec 12, 2021
Ever since I discovered this site, I have been doing this thing where I look at people in my everyday life, and wonder who from my town is a member of this site/suicidal. It's like a game I play in my head and I sometimes wish that I would catch someone scrolling through this site on their phone. Although, I would never want anyone to find out that I'm on here. It's a secret little world that I want to keep to myself.
Anyone else curious about how many people around them are members/suicidal?

Reactions: Immensevoid, Forever Sleep, Dliena and 1 other person
ghostiax

ghostiax

⚰️
Jan 6, 2024
it's definitely odd to think about, knowing that anyone that walks past you, or even someone you know could be suicidal and planning to do it soon, but you wouldn't even be able to tell. definitely an interesting thought

Ksmиda

Ksmиda

Have I died too soon or lived too long?
Oct 23, 2023
Yeah, once you're depressed, it's a lot easier to see the signs. It's something I also do sometimes, trying to spot symptoms

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
There once was a man who who jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge many years ago. Afterwards a note in his apartment was found that read to the effect that he wouldn't jump if at least one person smiled at him on his way there.

Evidently no one did. But how could these people know that a stranger's decision to live or die hinged on whether they gave him a smile? But how do we know that it couldn't (the rationality of deciding your fate that way isn't relevant)! That's why we should all strive to offer as much kindness as we can and scoff at such gestures for being trivial or immaterial because they really could make a big difference.

But, yes, maybe no one in a given crowd of people is feeling bad (bear in mind people can struggle without feeling on the edge). Maybe a lot of people in are. Statistically, probably not that many but without any outward signs you never know.

• Aww..
Reactions: Forever Sleep
SecretDissociation

SecretDissociation

Suicide enthusiast
Sep 11, 2022
I feel that it's easier for me to recognize when someone is going through something. Case in point I had a new colleague and I thought something was off until we opened up to each other because she noticed I was off too haha. Sometimes however, maybe because of how suicidal I am I start seeing people as just nothing like they don't exist for me. But it has been some time since I felt that way.