scarletstarlet

scarletstarlet

done with everything...
Apr 4, 2023
I have to admit... reality TV is one of my favourite ways to cope with a depressive episode. Something about it just brings me immense comfort. I know Reality TV is all fake and scripted, but it's like a form of escapism. Anyone else here agree? My favourite reality TV show right now is Love Is Blind.

• Yay!
Reactions: Rairii and TapeMachine
borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Constantly Sleepy Catgirl
Dec 28, 2022
I've always loved the really trashy ones they show on TLC. Stuff like Wife Swap and I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant. Something about it is comforting to me since I can experience an odd sense of normalcy due to not being like the people on those shows.

• Love
Reactions: scarletstarlet
TapeMachine

TapeMachine

perpetually confused
Jan 12, 2023
I am presently watching Love is Blind, like as I opened your thread, and then I see you've mentioned that exact show. 😂 It's a guilty pleasure, ngl. Also ngl, I talk a lot of shit while I watch it. Haha

• Love
Reactions: scarletstarlet
scarletstarlet

scarletstarlet

done with everything...
Apr 4, 2023
I am presently watching Love is Blind, like as I opened your thread, and then I see you've mentioned that exact show. 😂 It's a guilty pleasure, ngl. Also ngl, I talk a lot of shit while I watch it. Haha
I loooove that show. Especially the spin-offs in other countries. Love is Blind Brazil is really good too.
I've always loved the really trashy ones they show on TLC. Stuff like Wife Swap and I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant. Something about it is comforting to me since I can experience an odd sense of normalcy due to not being like the people on those shows.
I love the 90 day fiancé multiverse. TLC shows are soooo dumb but soooo entertaining lol. And I agree with the sense of normalcy part, sometimes it makes me feel better that I'm not so desperate for love that I'll go on 90 day fiancé lolol

• Love
Reactions: borderline-feline
TapeMachine

TapeMachine

perpetually confused
Jan 12, 2023
Whaaaat? I had no idea about the one in Brazil! I am too excited about this!

I know what it's like to fall madly in love with someone reeeeeally quickly and thinking this is the one I've been waiting for for so long!! But then people stop being on their best behavior, and that's when shit gets real.. Lol.

But also, I find the show comforting in a weird way too. 🤷‍♀️