nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
I have asthma but haven't had issues until last week when I got COVID. Now I can barely breathe at all. Worst of all the medication the pulmonologist at A&E gave me is expensive as fuck. This year really seems like a disaster.

• Hugs
Reactions: LivedTooLong and Fragile
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I have it, when I was a child I used to spend many days of the year at the emergency room for this. It's actually one of my first memories, struggling to breathe, pass out and wake up with an oxygen mask or those little tubes that go in your nose.

It improved greatly when I turned 20, but I still have some flare ups every couple of months, so I always keep some inhalers with salbutamol at hand, that medication is almost magical, it instantly heals me.

LivedTooLong

LivedTooLong

Avoidant
Apr 26, 2018
I have asthma but haven't had issues until last week when I got COVID. Now I can barely breathe at all. Worst of all the medication the pulmonologist at A&E gave me is expensive as fuck. This year really seems like a disaster.

Relatable. My asthma had been well-controlled for years, until I got COVID (first time, and had had one booster) a couple of months ago. My lungs feel congested 24/7 now (not to mention intermittent low-grade fevers, exhaustion, etc.) Starting to worry I've got Post-COVID Syndrome/"Long COVID" or something...

Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
I didn't have asthma until age 22 when I got out of the Marines. It wasn't of an issue for the last 15 years or so but I do have an inhaler on hand and when I got covid in September that's one thing that had me testing. Normally I get colds and allergies but with covid I started getting the usual tightness in my chest. Overall I had mild tightness but the finger clip o2/heart rate monitor showed my oxygen was good. For me mucinex worked really well getting me coughing up any stuff.