disasterplant

disasterplant

i crave an ending to this melancholy
Aug 2, 2021
Online shopping is one of the ways I cope and distract myself. I mainly order clothing and room decor. I spend nearly my entire pay check on online shopping since there's no point in me saving for anything anyway lol.

Anyone else do this too? Perhaps more extremely? What do you guys typically purchase?

Reactions: lobster salad, HopelessAndAlone, demuic and 2 others
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I buy a lot of informal clothing that I never wear because I never go to informal outings.

Reactions: FinalDestination
N

Nigh

Experienced
Oct 12, 2020
I used to do this with clothes. I would always end up returning most of them. However, my depression and agoraphobia got so bad that I couldn't return things on time. And ended up with a load of crap that I didn't need or want. However this ultimately put a block on my online purchases. And I ended up saving a lot of money that came in good use when I was desperate. But now I find that I overspend on food apps. Don't know how to get out of that one.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic
again_noidea

again_noidea

Experienced
Apr 22, 2021
To the contrary, I can't buy anything because, in the end, everything seems useless to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: deflationary and demuic
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
No, when my bf had my suicide money given to him he spent literally everyday...every other day a package was arriving. He has a serious addiction. It's kind of funny cuz now he has no money now and is hella pissed easily...I think it's in part due to the lack of Amazon purchase high.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In the past buying things made me feel better. I really liked online shopping as I hated actual shops. Years ago, I would buy books and just hoard them, I would not even read most of them. I own a lot of stuff that I do not need. Right now, I have no interest in online shopping anymore. I do not enjoy anything and buying things just seems pointless now.

• Love
Reactions: HopelessAndAlone, demuic and FinalDestination
F

FinalDestination

Here lies my hopes and dreams
Mar 10, 2020
It used to be a bigger problem but now I don't get the same high since I don't plan to be around long. It was mainly clothing. It's funny because at the time I would convince myself I needed it that it was the missing thing in my life that will fix everything and I'd get into such a low when it didn't and then immediately repeat the cycle. I don't/ didn't even go out and it was just such a waste of money.

Reactions: demuic
FriendofDeath

FriendofDeath

Elementalist
May 22, 2020
I am an Amazon junkie. Not sure how many years it's been since I was in a mall. Been there since the beginning.

N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
Used to with cc's, was a fan of armani jeans, from the start till they ended that brand. It's a long forgotten hobby...till i run out of tom ford parfumes... Now it's eaysier to pay with my honetly stolen money..., but really ending the "jeans" brand and trying to put out that crap they call "7EA", that forced me out of this game :)

Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
Nah not exactly, but I do enjoy buying stuff on Ebay. More fun that buying IRL I reckon.

Also I was ordering stuff to a wrong address (derp) and the Ebay sellers will send again to my correct address. Crazy how much they wanna keep their good ratings.