tommyhalpinkelly

tommyhalpinkelly

Nov 21, 2018
Aside from speeding tickets? I almost got prosecuted for forgery (which I heard could have constituted a felony if I lived in the United States) along with theft. My parents want me out because I stole a few things from them to sell for benzos and alcohol.

I don't know how normal this is. My police said my parents could kick me out and I would be homeless living in cardboard box. I wonder if this is scare tactic. I know I'm 20 and they no longer have an obligation, but do most teens who get kicked out go on the streets? If so, it's time for me to end it. I'm hoping at least to buy some antifreeze and slowly destroy my kidneys to the point of no return.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras and stargazer
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Assuming you're in the UK there are options like the YMCA and social housing. Also youngsters are eligible for a place to stay under the councils cold weather provision when it gets cold enough.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Pineapplecrown and lv-gras
S

stargazer

Arcanist
Nov 19, 2018
6 years ago, aged 18, got an interim civil intervention order, the following year (1 month later) a civil order for one year duration. No criminal conviction as such, but if I applied somewhere requiring a thorough background check (like joining the police or certain public services) I'm told it will be listed as archived. Restraining orders, they were.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras
S

stargazer

Arcanist
Nov 19, 2018
6 years ago, aged 18, got an interim civil intervention order, the following year (1 month later) a civil order for one year duration. No criminal conviction as such, but if I applied somewhere requiring a thorough background check (like joining the police or certain public services) I'm told it will be listed as archived. Restraining orders, they were.
Also required me to attend court to receive said order (the 1 year).

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras
S

stargazer

Arcanist
Nov 19, 2018
And police were in attendance. Spoke with the two male officers. Wasn't arrested, but received said court summons days later at the house and the rest, as they say, is history. A valuable learning experience.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
tommyhalpinkelly

tommyhalpinkelly

Nov 21, 2018
Assuming you're in the UK there are options like the YMCA and social housing. Also youngsters are eligible for a place to stay under the councils cold weather provision when it gets cold enough.

No, I live in Ireland. I wonder whether I'd actually end up on the streets or in a shelter. Were the police trying to scare me?

weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
No, I live in Ireland. I wonder whether I'd actually end up on the streets or in a shelter. Were the police trying to scare me?
Sorry I'm not really knowledgeable on Ireland. It might be worth doing some research. Shelters are no joke though even if its an option.

tommyhalpinkelly

tommyhalpinkelly

Nov 21, 2018
Sorry I'm not really knowledgeable on Ireland. It might be worth doing some research. Shelters are no joke though even if its an option.

What do you mean they are no joke?

BurningLights

BurningLights

He killed himself with his own mind
Jul 2, 2018
Got arrested with a fuck ton of benzos and other drugs, some were my brothers, but I took the wrap for him because he had so much more to lose than I did. somehow didn't go to prison. I claimed I needed help from day one, that certainly helped my case. Fucking terrifying looking down the stairs to the holding cell or whatever is down there.

Misanthrope

Misanthrope

Mage
Oct 23, 2018
It is factually accurate, but was likely used a scare tactic as well. Your parents can do what they want. Your an adult under law. They are not obligated to continue housing you. Teens wind up homeless all the time. But sometimes end up couch surfing at friends or others.

What do you mean they are no joke?

Shelters can be violent places. Theft is common and it is a breeding ground for picking up sickness. If your homeless you can't just snuggle down in a cosy bed and drink lemsip till it passes. There are often restriction on how long you can stay there as well. You also get some right control freak staff, and religious nut jobs making you feel guilty for being in need in the first place.

Antifreeze would be an excruciating way to go.

S

sini

Student
Sep 30, 2018
Aside from speeding tickets? I almost got prosecuted for forgery (which I heard could have constituted a felony if I lived in the United States) along with theft. My parents want me out because I stole a few things from them to sell for benzos and alcohol.

I don't know how normal this is. My police said my parents could kick me out and I would be homeless living in cardboard box. I wonder if this is scare tactic. I know I'm 20 and they no longer have an obligation, but do most teens who get kicked out go on the streets? If so, it's time for me to end it. I'm hoping at least to buy some antifreeze and slowly destroy my kidneys to the point of no return.

Don't you get unemployment money, social security money etc. enough to get apartment and food and pay bills like people get in other European countries?

Living with your parents is a reason you don't get them now. In some European countries you can rent a room from any other relative (for example adult sibling) or from friend and get all benefits but not from your parents. So many people who live with their parents and are over 18 live in paper somewhere else because the system is not fair. You may have even more money to use then if your parents don't give you much.

Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Got arrested after being an arsehole having drunk a full bottle of whisky (cutty sark I think) spent the night in the cell. Dehumanised, degraded etc.. I needed help and got nothing, oh well probably better than being put in a psych ward.

S

sini

Student
Sep 30, 2018
Got arrested after being an arsehole having drunk a full bottle of whisky (cutty sark I think) spent the night in the cell. Dehumanised, degraded etc.. I needed help and got nothing, oh well probably better than being put in a psych ward.

I understand also a man here who just ctb because he was going to jail otherwise. It's so degrading and torture. Except in Norway they have prisons where inmates can feel like home, study or work, have nice decorated rooms, good food, money to buy from store there etc. and guards are like friends. Their point is to rehabitate them and help them to better life and not so to punish them and teach them to hate authorities by treating them like crap.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Thoughtforms, Letmego. Please and 2 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Nope, never been arrested nor had any run-ins with the law. I've considered myself fortunate as I never been pulled over before (knock on wood). I figured my life already sucks enough and getting into legal trouble would just make me ctb so much faster as life would be so horrible to even go on, especially in this day and age. I live in the US btw.

I understand also a man here who just ctb because he was going to jail otherwise. It's so degrading and torture. Except in Norway they have prisons where inmates can feel like home, study or work, have nice decorated rooms, good food, money to buy from store there etc. and guards are like friends. Their point is to rehabitate them and help them to better life and not so to punish them and teach them to hate authorities by treating them like crap.

I like the way Norway does rehabilitation, and it's something that the US should follow suit if they don't want high recidivism rates as well as people being worse off. For the people who want to get better, rehabilitation is better than just pure punishment for the sake of punishment. In the US, we have too strong of a hard on crime attitude and war on drugs campaign that we lose track of improving quality of life and trying to give people a 2nd chance at bettering themselves, learning from their mistakes, etc. but that's another topic altogether.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Johnnythefox
tommyhalpinkelly

tommyhalpinkelly

Nov 21, 2018
Nope, never been arrested nor had any run-ins with the law. I've considered myself fortunate as I never been pulled over before (knock on wood). I figured my life already sucks enough and getting into legal trouble would just make me ctb so much faster as life would be so horrible to even go on, especially in this day and age. I live in the US btw.

I like the way Norway does rehabilitation, and it's something that the US should follow suit if they don't want high recidivism rates as well as people being worse off. For the people who want to get better, rehabilitation is better than just pure punishment for the sake of punishment. In the US, we have too strong of a hard on crime attitude and war on drugs campaign that we lose track of improving quality of life and trying to give people a 2nd chance at bettering themselves, learning from their mistakes, etc. but that's another topic altogether.

Is rape a common thing in US prisons? Just wondering

Letmego. Please

Letmego. Please

Wizard
Nov 18, 2018
I got arrested for drink driving when i was a nipper & an alcoholic, but in fairness i had already written off 2 cars in separate crashes while drunk and had the police either not breath test me or the 1st time when they discontinued the test before i failed.

I am in no way proud of the above, but given the things i did when i was drinking i was very very lucky to have only been done for that.

Threads

Threads

Warlock
Jul 13, 2018
In what sense are they bad?

I think it's a bit difficult to explain. This is a broad topic within itself.

I am tempted to dig up a youtube video, or record a Vocaroo for you.

If you look at the systematic racism of the United States, especially within the justice department. Incarceration rates. The privatization of prisons. Failing mental healthcare.

It's such a long topic. But I assure you, US prisons are garbage tier.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Johnnythefox
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Is rape a common thing in US prisons? Just wondering

I don't really know since I never been booked nor visited a prison, so I can't give an exact answer. However, according to answers I found online and also prison documentaries, I'd say it certain does happen, but as far as rampant, I think it depends on the prison one is in.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018

Yes, I had a couple arrests for prostitution. It's so embarrassing, there's even a news story about my arrest online, under my name lol! The worst part about arrests is that it follows u. So even if u want to change or fix your life, it's now more challenging instead of making it easier which is what would be the more moral way to handle this stuff. Punishment really doesn't work, positive reinforcement and incentives to change do.