• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

DeletedUser

Mar 6, 2024
I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with hypothermia..? If so, how did it feel and how cold was the temperature? Did you feel your end was approaching?

Also, do you think it would be a relatively quick passing in let's say Antarctica...?

Reactions: Buildingsandcastles
B

Buildingsandcastles

Feb 14, 2024
I've been curious about this as well

D

DeletedUser

Mar 6, 2024
I've been curious about this as well
I've been researching about it and in the later stages of hypothermia you apparently start hallucinating before your heart just stops..but i just wonder if the south pole is the only realistic place to do it...

dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
Oh hey, I did this 2 months ago and failed it. I combined it with diphenhydramine, and OTC sleep medication and antihistamine as well as a THC edible so as to hopefully negate the discomfort. It was out of water so it would've taken longer. Temperature was approximately 10F (-12C) with no wind on a clear night. What stopped me was the discomfort from shivering so badly and general fear of death. I also feared getting frostbite and getting limbs amputated since at this point my arms and half my legs were completely numb. It also eventually felt like frost crystals were forming inside my skin and it hurt, even though I was at the point of being so cold I was warming up again. I went back to my apartment and was in a coma for about a day.

When I researched this I only found 6 documented cases of it being successful. It's gonna take a bit, but if you live far from the equator it's doable I guess. You're risking brain/organ damage and frostbite/amputation. Untreated frostbite gives gangrene which and is a shitty way to die if you do.

• Informative
Reactions: mtoro998, vak, findmybridgesocal and 1 other person
D

DeletedUser

Mar 6, 2024
Oh hey, I did this 2 months ago and failed it. I combined it with diphenhydramine, and OTC sleep medication and antihistamine as well as a THC edible so as to hopefully negate the discomfort. It was out of water so it would've taken longer. Temperature was approximately 10F (-12C) with no wind on a clear night. What stopped me was the discomfort from shivering so badly and general fear of death. I also feared getting frostbite and getting limbs amputated since at this point my arms and half my legs were completely numb. It also eventually felt like frost crystals were forming inside my skin and it hurt, even though I was at the point of being so cold I was warming up again. I went back to my apartment and was in a coma for about a day.

When I researched this I only found 6 documented cases of it being successful. It's gonna take a bit, but if you live far from the equator it's doable I guess. You're risking brain/organ damage and frostbite/amputation. Untreated frostbite gives gangrene which and is a shitty way to die if you do.
I am sorry you had to go through that experience..I suppose not being found is the key to the successful ones..

dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
I am sorry you had to go through that experience..I suppose not being found is the key to the successful ones..
I wasn't found is the thing. It was only myself that stopped me in this case, unfortunately. But yeah you'll definitely want to do it in a secluded spot.

L

LifeIsCrazyNemb

Arcanist
Jan 21, 2024
I remember Quebec's winter, its always -25 ~ -30c
Dont need to go to Antartica lol

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
It will be the way I go when my time comes.

I have experienced mild hypothermia, though not at subzero temperatures. It was in 1976, when I and two companions had to cross a shallow but fast-flowing river coming off an icecap in the interior of Iceland. I went first, on a rope for safety, while my two companions stayed on the bank. The current swept me off my feet a few times, and I got completely soaked. Very soon I could feel my strength draining away, so I turned around and headed back to the riverbank. By the time i got there, I was almost helpless. My companions fished me out of the water, put me into a sleeping bag, and lit the stove to make a hot drink for me. Because I wasn't in the water very long I was back to nomal within an hour. It wasn't a partiularly unpleasant experience, but what shocked me was how quickly I lost my strength.

In water close to freezing point your survival time is about 30 minutes.

However, hypothermia in water is not the way I will go. I will head off into the wilderness and fade away more slowly. You can die of hypothermia in air at temperatures a little above freezing, especially if it's wet and windy, and of course you can die at temperatures well below freezing even if it's calm and dry. Eventually you stop feeling cold, you start to feel warm, and basically you go to sleep and don't wake up. It's peaceful.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DeletedUser