Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
Is anyone here into survivalism, hunting, fishing, or the outdoors in general? I wish I could have gotten to a later stage in life where I'd have the luxury of going to the middle states for cabin vacations or camping adventures. I always had a fantasy about doing that, especially since my family has no interest in it, being of the cultural background that they are.

I like to watch hunting, fishing, and videos on survivalism just for fun and to indulge in this fantasy. I've never lived off the land before and in reality would die pretty quick if dropped into that scenario. Is anyone here raised with these kinds of skills? I'd love to hear some stories, memories, experiences if so.

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34, Lostandlooking, Deleted member 19654 and 1 other person
BLUE1970

BLUE1970

Experienced
Nov 3, 2020
I'm a prepper...no idea why as I have my death planned.

Reactions: Huntfish34 and Disappointered
Zyntkalla

Zyntkalla

Welcome to hell on Earth
Aug 28, 2020
I loke to do outdoor stuff but I haven't done it lately or in years.

Reactions: Huntfish34
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I wish, but the outdoors hates me even more than I hate it. As long as bugs and insects exist I will never be comfortable in the wilderness.

Reactions: Huntfish34 and Xocoyotziin
D

Deleted member 23374

deministrator
Nov 1, 2020
I used to carry my kayak down the road about two miles to the spot that i liked and with my banjo on my back.
Paddle out, kick up into the weeds, smoke some weed, and play for hours. Would watch the turtles pop up all curious onto the rocks and just look at me and chill out. The sun would reflect rainbows off their shells. It was mystical. I really miss that.

ProTip: Don't use a banjo to "open" a stubborn steamer trunk...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Huntfish34, Lostandlooking and Nutshell
Nutshell

Nutshell

I’d feel better dead.
Feb 23, 2020
I don't get out much, but I love nature. I wish I had more knowledge and skill because I would choose to live in the woods/ wilderness over taking my life. If I had access to a forge I'd make my own knives and a crossbow.. build a treehouse.. prepare for the apocalypse, that sort of thing.

Reactions: Huntfish34, Lostandlooking and Xocoyotziin
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Kind of. I was brought up close to the woods and did a lot of camping and travelling in my youth. I was trained by a soldier and learned how to make shelter, fire and food etc, so many of my trips were without much equipment.
These days illness keeps me closer to 'home' but I still get out into the woods. I'm a natural scavenger and I take what I can from the woods in terms of food and natural resources. There is much more than people realise, it's free and it can't be bought anyway.
I also scavenge the back streets for useful things other people have chucked out.
And yes, I do have a BugOutBag, fully equipped. I used to carry stuff in my car just in case. Unfortunately, my car is long gone and my BoB is 200 miles away in a loft.

Reactions: Huntfish34 and Nutshell
MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
Kind of. I grew up in the woods. I don't know the names of things, but I know their use. I have an affinity to simple lifestyles (it's in my username) and I hike regularly (although not in the past month -- skin problems and depression). I did some camping in the PNW, USA during winter. I have my bivy, swedish alcohol stove (new -- I used gas in USA) and so on. I'm comfortable in the wild whereas I am not in civilization. My biggest mistake was hiding away inside when I was a young adult. I used to be the peak of physical fitness and I've just slid into drugs and weight gain since then.

My end-game before I CTB will be to roam with my rucksack and wits and nothing else. I don't believe that we are so evolved as a race to be separate from our roots just yet. I think that true happiness exists only in living close to the land in some form. I also resent the idea of people growing my food for me. Basically I abhor most aspects of modern living. The modern man feels weak and I feel like a shell of what I am supposed to be. If I could convince someone else or a group of people to become nomads with me, I would have left civilization behind long ago. Being entirely alone is hard though, but it seems like that will be my path. I have been and flirted with homelessness for most of my adult life, even if I have only been briefly without shelter, but lately I have been wondering if my desire to be homeless is more just simply a wanderlust and a pining for the wild.

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34, Deleted member 1465, Symbiote and 1 other person
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I like hiking

Reactions: Huntfish34, TheGoodGuy and Nutshell
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I enjoy biking the trails, camping, cooking my own food over a fire. I can sustain myself in the middle of the woods, away from civilization, until I succumb to the elements or fuck up somewhere.

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34 and Nutshell
Nutshell

Nutshell

I’d feel better dead.
Feb 23, 2020
Nothing better than a campfire.

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34 and Deleted member 23374
sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
yeah i love nature which is why i'm determined to ctb outside

• Love
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Does walking into town or to the shops count?

Time to fly

Time to fly

TTFN - time to fly now
Nov 3, 2020
Love fishing and nature...suppose that's why I want to get the best view possible of this rock before ctb...

Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
Ohh yeah,. As you can see from my screen name ! Lol. Fishing , hunting, rattlesnake wrangling, enjoying the outdoors in general.. Have all been a lifelong hobby and passion of mine. Haven't done them nearly as much with my depression and anxiety.

But... I'm actually in my deer blind right now waiting patiently. So that's some progress I suppose .

Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
I grew up outdoorsy. Lived in the Rocky Mountains. Always hiking, climbing, fishing, hunting, camping...
Now I'm very urban. I hate it. But I don't have the energy anymore for the outdoor life. Moving to this part of the country drained my soul.

• Love
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
I wish, but the world scares me. Something bad would probably happen while in nature alone.

• Love