Painless_end

Painless_end

Life is too difficult for me
Oct 11, 2019
I studied computer engineering but was never really great at it. I managed to get by cramming stuff to regurgitate in the exams so I could clear those but was never conceptually as good as my peers.

Anyone here an engineer by education or profession ? How would you describe your interest and self-assessment in your domain ?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Himalayan and LastFlowers
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Have you worked as a programmer or something IT then?

western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
used to be a software engineer, then operations engineer, now I think I'm done. I think I'm mediocre but with massive tech layoffs I am not even trying to find another job

I grew up fascinated by computers, got a computer science degree, I'm very good at understanding systems, but not very good at working in a way that's productive to employers. Once they realize I'm good at doing one thing they expect me to be good at everything and it leads to underperformance and/or burnout. the tech industry sucks, a lot of software is... bad, not good for humanity. my skills are either stale or uninteresting at this point. The stuff I might find interesting, I never actually did paying work on, and I lost most energy for hobby or research after school ended. So I don't even know what I would want to learn at this point.

(does software count as real engineering???)

Reactions: novem