John Smith

John Smith

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2018
I want to know what I'm getting into

Reactions: tony.end and Tiburcio
D

Deleted member 847

No, but today while I was meditating I heard a voice telling me "It's okay, it's your choice". Weird :I But yeah regardless if NDE are hallucinations or real, you'll experience it especially if you'll die by asphyxia like me (DMT releases in the brain before death).

Reactions: jethacan, lv-gras and Tiburcio
L

lv-gras

fledermausßßßßßßßß
Jul 27, 2018
yes, but doubt it will help all that much, seems to be an individual thing

Reactions: tearsinrain and Tiburcio
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
go read on the site near-death.com and on NDERF, loads of NDEs there and many with profound insights

Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
If you want to have a chance at your own obe/nde get some nitrous oxide. In my opinion these are real experiences, however that's not to say that it still could be a product of the brain (just not understood). If successful you experience complete separation of consciousness from the body,floating ect., Not at all dream like, it feels as real as this reality.

Reactions: Tiburcio and lv-gras
D

Deleted member 847

Well guys if NDE are real and there's an afterlife (I hope so) we will all have one, drugs taken or not.

Reactions: lv-gras and Justanotherconsumer
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
If you want to have a chance at your own obe/nde get some nitrous oxide. In my opinion these are real experiences, however that's not to say that it still could be a product of the brain (just not understood). If successful you experience complete separation of consciousness from the body,floating ect., Not at all dream like, it feels as real as this reality.

Actually some people get NDEs on ketamine, they are very similar but different from true NDEs. There have been experiments on this

C

Comatose11

Mage
Jul 26, 2018
Some studies suggest they are nothing more than hallucinations and your brain playing tricks on you. I haven't had one but have heard of people who have been in cardiac arrest and said it was nothingness.

Reactions: Somerando and Tiburcio
D

Deleted member 847

Comatose most of those studies are biased because they're made by materialists

Reactions: WanderingEremite and lv-gras
shattered dreams

shattered dreams

Student
Jun 5, 2018
Some studies suggest they are nothing more than hallucinations and your brain playing tricks on you. I haven't had one but have heard of people who have been in cardiac arrest and said it was nothingness.

There is no way anyone could recall experiencing "nothingness." Nothingness would mean no consciousness. I had liposuction back in 2002, and I remember being told that I was being put under and then I was immediately experiencing pain from the surgery with no time in between. Even though I was put under for 2-3 hours, I had no recollection of that time. That is what nothingness is. To put it another way, if reincarnation was real, you could die and be dead for a million years. You could then be reincarnated into a baby. To you, it would feel if you transitioned instantly from your body to a baby.

Reactions: Made4TV, WanderingEremite and Tiburcio
D

Deleted member 847

Here's my theory on unconsciousness. It doesn't exist. It's time travel. WOHOHOHO. When you go to sleep for example, you don't become unconscious, you just have a different experience of time.

Reactions: Justanotherconsumer and Tiburcio
C

Comatose11

Mage
Jul 26, 2018
There is no way anyone could recall experiencing "nothingness." Nothingness would mean no consciousness. I had liposuction back in 2002, and I remember being told that I was being put under and then I was immediately experiencing pain from the surgery with no time in between. Even though I was put under for 2-3 hours, I had no recollection of that time. That is what nothingness is. To put it another way, if reincarnation was real, you could die and be dead for a million years. You could then be reincarnated into a baby. To you, it would feel if you transitioned instantly from your body to a baby.

What they mean by nothingness is just what you described. They remember some moment before they lost consciousness and then remember waking up later in a hospital or whatever. I know what nothingness is, thank you very much.

Reactions: lv-gras, Tiburcio and Somerando
D

Deleted member 847

Imagine dying, the materialists being right about there not being any soul but, you still get an after life because the universe is eternal and atoms will eventually recreate the information that makes you given an infinite amount of time.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, WanderingEremite, Justanotherconsumer and 1 other person
C

Comatose11

Mage
Jul 26, 2018
Comatose most of those studies are biased because they're made by materialists

I'm a little skeptical. I don't think an afterlife or reincarnation makes any logical sense. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Reactions: Tiburcio, lv-gras and skitliv
D

Deleted member 847

I'm a little skeptical. I don't think an afterlife or reincarnation makes any logical sense. We'll just have to agree to disagree.
We are energy processed by the brain. What do you think happens to this energy after the body dies, it magically dissappears?

Reactions: kyxz
C

Comatose11

Mage
Jul 26, 2018
We are energy processed by the brain. What do you think happens to this energy after the body dies, it magically dissappears?

I think it will go somewhere, but not in an afterlife. I believe our unconsciousness ceases to exist because our brains are what causes consciousness. I don't believe we have a soul.

Last edited:
Reactions: lv-gras
D

Deleted member 847

I think it will go somewhere, but not in an afterlife. I believe our unconsciousness seizes to exist because our brains are what causes consciousness. I don't believe we have a soul.
Well whatever happens is better than being here, can we agree on that?

Reactions: lv-gras
C

Comatose11

Mage
Jul 26, 2018
Well whatever happens is better than being here, can we agree on that?

Just about. Recincarnartion would be the worst scenario. But an afterlife wouldn't be much better than on earth unless we could choose everything about it.

D

Deleted member 847

Just about. Recincarnartion would be the worst scenario. But an afterlife wouldn't be much better than on earth unless we could choose everything about it.
Well yeah reincarnation would actually be worse, good point

Reactions: Made4TV, lv-gras, Tiburcio and 1 other person