Redpanda18

Redpanda18

May 26, 2020
I have 2 dogs and 1 cat and I worry for their safety if 911 is called or anyone they don't know comes into my apt. I dont want any emergency services to think they're aggressive. Or if I'm not found for a few days, I dont want them to go without food or water. I've thought I could drive them to my mom's under the guise of needing her to watch them so they are somewhere safe.

Anyone else dealing with this? Thoughts?

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Lonely_Soldier and Worthless_nobody
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Yes I worry about my dog. My mom promised me if "anything ever happened to me" she would take care of him. But I worry she will be completely non functional after I ctb. My hope is that he will serve as comfort to her. I cannot fathom taking him back to the rescue group I got him from since I'll never know he got a loving home after I'm gone ...Definitely a trusted friend or family member is best.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
My cat's welfare is one the of things holding me back from killing myself. I would hang myself without hesitation if my cat died. She vomited out all her food last night and I genuinely thought I was going to lose her.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: soundsofsilence, autumnal, fastFWD and 1 other person
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
It is possible to send delayed emails to inform people that you have died. If using gmail you should find a drop down button on the send button when you compose an email - if you click that button you can set a date and time for the email to be sent, informing people of your death after is has happened.

Reactions: autumnal, not-2-b-the-answer and Lonely_Soldier
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I have a lovely cat, we've had her in the family for fourteen years now. Fortunately, I live with my parents, so she's with them already. When I was gone for a few months, they took good care of her. I think she'll be alright when I die. I kind of hope she dies when I die though; she's so attached to me and I know it'll upset her when she sees I'm not coming back.

I think your plan sounds alright. That's probably the best thing I could come up with... :/

• Hugs
Reactions: ARW3N, autumnal, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
My dog just turned 14 and has enough health issues to count as "special needs" so he's pretty much unadoptable. If I wasn't here, he would have to be put down and I just don't think he's ready to go yet. Maybe I'm just projecting lol

So it's like cool, I can choose to end my life and it's no one's business but my own, but I'd also be implicating this innocent critter who still seems to be having a lot of fun being a dog. It feels a little morbid essentially waiting for my best friend to die, but also kind of soothing in a way? Like this is my final task here. Once it's done I'll be free to make whatever decision I want.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Lame Old Duke, autumnal, fastFWD and 1 other person
B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
I think driving them to someone seems reasonable
Or leave super big amount of food and bowls of water

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Lonely_Soldier
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
When I was depressed my mom forgot to feed the small turtles so they died.:mmm:
Bet the cats will starve to death too if I ever commit suicide lmao.

I don't have a pet myself but if I did I wouldn't have trusted anyone else because they are my pets and I would prefer looking after them myself.:heart:

Not saying life is so fucking good or anything ...

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and casctb
casctb

casctb

Stubborn idiot that gives up too easily
Jun 7, 2020
I am fortunate enough to have family that can properly take care of my cat. Otherwise I would definitely consider putting her up for adoption weeks before I ctb to vet whoever brings her home. I love her too much to just leave her without making sure she's in the right hands. Thankfully she's very flexible to change and not too attached to me or else I would have second thoughts.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: autumnal, not-2-b-the-answer and KleinerWolf
catscradle

catscradle

Now I will destroy the whole world
Jul 10, 2020
my cat lives with my parents. she's 16. she's going to die soon and I guess I'll follow her.
my puppy will be 6. he lives with my parents. he's already forgotten about me and treats me like a stranger, even though I only moved out 4 months ago.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: oasis, fastFWD, KleinerWolf and 1 other person
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I do not have any pets myself and not likely to have any soon (dog, cat, lizard, fish, etc.). With that said, I'd say if I had pets, I would look into arrangements ahead of time (well in advance) to minimize the impact it would have on them.

• Love
Reactions: ARW3N, fastFWD, autumnal and 1 other person
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
Someone else will have to take care of them, unfortunately

• Hugs
Reactions: autumnal and KleinerWolf
little froggie

little froggie

it's okay, i don't like me either </3
Jul 21, 2020
having someone watch them is a good idea, might be suspicious tho depending on ur situation.

i have two frogs and two cats, i love them so much.. in my situation, they'll be just fine. they'll be much better off without me if anything.

• Aww..
Reactions: fastFWD and KleinerWolf
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
I have 2 dogs and 1 cat and I worry for their safety if 911 is called or anyone they don't know comes into my apt. I dont want any emergency services to think they're aggressive. Or if I'm not found for a few days, I dont want them to go without food or water. I've thought I could drive them to my mom's under the guise of needing her to watch them so they are somewhere safe.

Anyone else dealing with this? Thoughts?

Leaving them with your mom would be a good idea. Or you might also consider something like this suggestion.

iu
Not sure what your planned method is, but please bear in mind if it is SN or any other kind of poison, you are quite likely to vomit and pets may eat your vomit (either out of hunger or just curiosity) and become sick or die themselves.

Reactions: AnxietyAttack44, casctb and KleinerWolf
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
It's best to have the pets looked after by a family member/friend you can trust.

Cops are violent these days especially with dogs, sometimes shot on site if the dog threatens to come too close.
And also what autumnal mentioned regarding pets taking the poison.

Reactions: AnxietyAttack44, autumnal and casctb
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
I do not have any pets myself and not likely to have any soon (dog, cat, lizard, fish, etc.). With that said, I'd say if I had pets, I would look into arrangements ahead of time (well in advance) to minimize the impact it would have on them.

Thankfully you and most of the responders here are damn good people.

Since I have been on the forum, there have been at least three people who had planned to euthanase their pets merely because they were suiciding and didn't want the bother of rehoming them. One person even gave the fact that animal sacrifices had existed since the beginning of time as justification for this idea :O

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: casctb, fastFWD and KleinerWolf
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020

Since I have been on the forum, there have been at least three people who had planned to euthanase their pets merely because they were suiciding and didn't want the bother of rehoming them. One person even gave the fact that animal sacrifices had existed since the beginning of time as justification for this idea :O

That's sad.
Pets had done nothing wrong.
All they do is be there with you.

• Love
Reactions: casctb, OneSoVile, oasis and 2 others
fastFWD

fastFWD

running out of time...
Feb 12, 2019
it's very hard but I've stayed for my dog. No one else could ever care for her like myself. You are fortunate to have family you can trust and count on to continue to care for your pets after you ctb.

I've been looking into "whole family cemeteries" to plan a mutual burial for myself and my dog. Good luck with whatever you decide to do tho <3

• Hugs
Reactions: casctb, autumnal and KleinerWolf
oasis

oasis

Jul 21, 2020
I also would definitely recommend making arrangements for your pets.

Wow that sounds horrible.

• Love
Reactions: KleinerWolf and autumnal
OneSoVile

OneSoVile

Life is absurd.
Jul 22, 2020
My kitties were the only thing that kept me from ctb. One of them was a senior and it would have killed him. He deserved so much better than that, so I stayed.
Now, all but one of my pets are dead, so when she dies. . .

• Aww..
Reactions: autumnal and KleinerWolf