• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

imaloserbaby

imaloserbaby

Karolina
Jan 28, 2021
Pretty self-explanatory in the title! I've searched the forum for "misophonia" and have seen a couple of people mention they have it, but I didn't want to just bombard people I don't know personally with messages. While I've had depression/anxiety for decades, misophonia is what is causing my urges to CTB. While a couple of people (and doctors) try to be empathetic, they just don't understand how debilitating it can be. I had it as a kid but was mostly under control. Then an antidepressant gave me permanent severe tinnitus in both ears 2 years ago. When that happened I started obsessing about curing my tinnitus, listening out for every little sound, and I think that's brought what used to be mild misophonia back into focus with a vengeance. I've gotten a lot better with my tinnitus ironically...still there 24/7 but I have accepted it (barely).

Now this absolute rage that I get from misophonic cues is frightening. I have never physically hurt anyone in my life but when the triggers hit I turn into a different person; punching walls, screaming, cutting, drugging myself up. I don't have the more well known issues with people eating etc, I specifically struggle with things like lawnmowers, loud bass music outside my house, construction, kids screaming etc. I had to move out of my house because of these reasons, lost my job, most of my friends. And nowhere else to go other than a deserted private island which I can TOTALLY afford :I even then I'd probably rage at the seagulls or something. It's a condition that makes you feel so very trapped.

So basically, even though I've talked to a friend who has empathy and doctors who are trying their best, I don't actually know anyone who has it and will really understand what I mean and not just say "have you tried headphones?"

If you're struggling with something similar and you'd like someone to vent with, please PM me! Maybe we can help each other out.

Reactions: akana