Justcheckingout

Justcheckingout

Jul 27, 2020
I had a very strange conversation with my mom a week back that I'd never thought Id have. Watching the news the conversation turned to suicide and she said she'd thought about it and had researched different ways to do it . She chose gun as her method even though I said that way had some down sides if it's not done properly. This was all discussed a bit jokingly but I know she is extremely depressed as is everyone in my house hold. I have a pound of sn hidden in the kitchen and I did not bring it up because there's no way she new of that method and I was scared she'd throw it out later when I wasn't looking. It made me wonder what her reaction to it would be though. I feel nothing but relief looking at it because it's my guarenteed way out. Has anything like this happened to you guys?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: death137, sugar and Ricky1@@
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Sounds like your mom is either preparing you, feeling you out for how you will manage it if she does, or passively rather than directly asking for help or support. I would suggest that you need to have a follow-up conversation with her. If she's already made up her mind and is planning to go through with it, then you might want to have a let's-get-real conversation.

Also, hiding the SN in the kitchen seems risky. Are you yourself are hoping for a caring intervention, or is that genuinely the best place to hide it?

Reactions: mirko, death137 and sugar
Justcheckingout

Justcheckingout

Jul 27, 2020
Sounds like your mom is either preparing you, feeling you out for how you will manage it if she does, or passively rather than directly asking for help or support. I would suggest that you need to have a follow-up conversation with her. If she's already made up her mind and is planning to go through with it, then you might want to have a let's-get-real conversation.

Also, hiding the SN in the kitchen seems risky. Are you yourself are hoping for a caring intervention, or is that genuinely the best place to hide it?
Geniunly it's the best place to hide it. Everyone in the household is completely internet illeterate and I told them it was for cleaning up resin molds after I cast jewelry. It's been sitting there untouched for months no questions asked. When I said my mom researched ctb she probably went to the library or asked a work friend or something.

The thing is I'd actually like it if she was serious and we could ctb together but I fear the minute I bring it up she will freak out and make a huge fuss about it. It's weird but she'd probably be fine with her own successful ctb but would lose her mind if I ctb. It's so weird.

• Hugs
Reactions: death137 and sugar
sugar

sugar

Nov 24, 2020
I agree with what @GoodPersonEffed said. If she's talking about researching and choosing methods then she's probably preparing you for her decision.
If she found out you had SN I think she's be more understanding of why you're doing this than most parents would, who'd probably freak out. But I think she would not want you to hurt yourself and would keep the SN out of reach.

I'm really sorry that both you and your Mother are suicidal. I hope that you will both be able to support each other while you're still here since you have a deeper understanding of what it's like.

As for me, my parents pretended like nothing happened after I recovered from my first suicide attempt. They prefer to ignore things until they go away.

• Hugs
Reactions: death137, GoodPersonEffed and shay23
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
My sister is suicidal but I don't think she will do it or anytime soon.

• Hugs
Reactions: ImsooDone1N
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
My mother also wants to kill herself because my brother recently became afflicted with Lyme Disease and she has zero idea how to cope with life not going her way. I wish I had more sympathy for her, but her actions toward me are literally why I'm even on this website in the first place.

M

Moon Flower

I'll soon be sleeping sound
Oct 14, 2019
My parents both ctb by gunshot. No warning at all with my dad, but there was a lot of warning with my mom.

• Aww..
Reactions: ImsooDone1N