V

virtualoctopus

Student
Aug 15, 2020
I'm just curious about how it actually feels. Some who've OD say they don't remember much, just passed out. But I'm still wondering what sort of experience, if any, that a nembutal exit might produce, even if it occurs in a sort of dream like or not fully self aware state. Just because someone doesn't remember an experience doesn't mean that they didn't have the experience. Dreams are a good example of this.

Any thoughts?

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Good question, it would depend on the method. Drugs that fuck up the hemoglobin or whatever seems like would have a similar effect to hanging. The brain doesn't get any blood, so it should only have what little is left to create any experience. Guessing it would be blackout, dreamless, from the POV of the suicide fella. If the drug just puts you to sleep like anesthetics and then start frying the organs, idk. For surgeries they use more stuff for the pain than just artificial napping, right?

Reactions: Everybody_yells
V

virtualoctopus

Student
Aug 15, 2020
Well, barbiturates are/have been used as surgical anesthetics, so presumably awareness is dimmed to the point where stimuli and even the passage of time are no longer registered. But what's this about frying the organs? That's a particularly unpleasant image.
I'm guessing that if administered orally, there would be a brief period of intoxication at the beginning of drug absorption.

Last edited: