C

carbanoids

Sep 28, 2021
One of my favorite short stories is "The Last Question" by Isaac Asimov. When I read it it calms me and reassures me that when I eventually CTB I'll be at peace. Anyone got other recommendations?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: D&D, Mixo, JinZhin and 1 other person
M

Molded foundation

Student
Sep 17, 2021
I'm currently reading "The Stranger" from Albert Camus. I like the quote "My life is no better than another". Love it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: D&D, JinZhin, Murakami'sCat and 2 others
C

carbanoids

Sep 28, 2021
I'm currently reading "The Stranger" from Albert Camus. I like the quote "My life is no better than another". Love it.
I always loved "The Stranger" too. It's definitely hits the feeling of dissociation I've felt before of just going through the motions.

• Love
Reactions: Molded foundation and AtMostOkay
AtMostOkay

AtMostOkay

Screw your courage to the sticking place.
Jun 29, 2021
A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving. Saint Maybe by Ann Tyler. Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy.

Reactions: carbanoids
lear

lear

Jan 2, 2022
All kinds of reading comfort me, but 'The Dead' by James Joyce is something I'd recommend to anyone on here.

Reactions: JinZhin
JinZhin

JinZhin

we are in hell
Nov 2, 2021
Books and stories in make me happy in general.

Essays of Bertrand Russell! My favourite sentence from "What I believe" is: "I believe that when I die I shall rot, and nothing of my ego will survive "
I love his thoughts on life, death, religion and human condition.

This might sound cheesy but I also collect international folklore stories and fairy tales, (all translated) but it makes me feel like I travelled the world and brings me back to my childhood somehow

Reactions: Panna
Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
"The Alchemist" is a surreal and comforting read, by Paulo Coehlo.

Also, pretty much any of the Parables books by Octavia Butler, a sci-fi writer who specialized in themes of class, prejudice, corporate greed, and inequality; sounds way more cerebral than it actually is though, her books are still an interesting and fun read!

Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
Ive always loved this small picture book called the moonrat and the white turtle, a comfy childrens book about animal pirates that try to steal the moon. The images of the animals in blankets is so comfy that its been a personal favorite.

For nostalgia though, the thief lord. Ive always been fond of venice, and that book is pure venice fantasy. The humor, the descriptions of venice and the characters. probably its why I love aria so much.

Last edited:
Istanbulite

Istanbulite

Jan 14, 2022
The Outsider / Camus for me

• Love
Reactions: Conker, D&D and Mixo
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Paulo coelho is one of the best writers in the world. To those who don't know him, his most famous book is the alchemist.