Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
I have cut out and distanced myself from many people who were friends with my abusers (sexual assaulters) and my mom (narc) who fell in love with the "good side" of them. Who I know if I told them the truth they wouldn't believe it. One of my friends I grew up with learned the truth about my mom and has since been understanding which I appreciate. Though this doesn't always happen. It feels isolating when you are a victim of their abuse and the people around them talk so highly about them. It feels sick. Can anyone relate?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: allesistgut, degeneratewaste, onlyanimalsaregood and 2 others
markimobzzdeasui

markimobzzdeasui

Life is a cruel joke
Oct 24, 2021
This is my current situation and has been for the past two years. I have a malignant narcissistic father and a crazy psychotic mother who is possibly bpd. Two and a half years ago, I learned about narcissitic abuse and cptsd and my entire life from day one became clear to me. I made the mistake of exposing them to mutual friends and other people whom I thought were good and understanding. Even before I knew, they all turned against me. Since then I have maintained my boundaries with others whom I know the narcs would try to turn against me.
Narcissists are highly sick people, master illusionists and masters of mirroring. They don't get caught and people, more often than not take their sides. It is very common experience with survivors especially if their parents are narcs. It is quite tough, excruciating and soul sucking battle to be in! I am sorry you experienced the same.

• Aww..
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood and Water-Lily
Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
This is my current situation and has been for the past two years. I have a malignant narcissistic father and a crazy psychotic mother who is possibly bpd. Two and a half years ago, I learned about narcissitic abuse and cptsd and my entire life from day one became clear to me. I made the mistake of exposing them to mutual friends and other people whom I thought were good and understanding. Even before I knew, they all turned against me. Since then I have maintained my boundaries with others whom I know the narcs would try to turn against me.
Narcissists are highly sick people, master illusionists and masters of mirroring. They don't get caught and people, more often than not take their sides. It is very common experience with survivors especially if their parents are narcs. It is quite tough, excruciating and soul sucking battle to be in! I am sorry you experienced the same.
It's so sad. I could go into how a neighbor just told me to go back home when I opened up to her. I forgot what I told her. I told my bff who I still talk to and she wanted to call the cops. I stopped her but I wish I did. Codependency and traumata bonding to abusive parents is real, and is yet very neglected

It makes you think how many fakers, abusers, and narcs are walking around the world fooling people. I think its sick when people you care about would rather choose the abuser over you. It makes so many people come off as fake

• Aww..
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Both your situations mirror mine quite precisely.

My father was the classic NPD - charming, delightful and saintly to outsiders, yet smug, cruel, calculating and heartless behind closed doors. My eldest sister picked up these traits from a young age. Others in the family were enablers who learned to lack empathy towards the assigned family whipping boy. By posing as a normal family, they had the perfect position to maximise damage while deflecting outsiders who might have come to my aid.

The time when I was learning to drive was the epitome of the situation. I asked for lessons, but he mostly pretended he was busy and procrastinated endlessly. In the end, out of desperation, I paid out of my meagre savings for a couple of lessons and attempted a driving test, which I miraculously passed.

But while on the road, I badly lacked experience and made major mistakes on a couple of occasions, including missing a Give Way sign, that could have gotten someone killed. I could have ended up in jail, and I would have been the bad guy, with my father feigning confusion and pretending to be the victim of an uncontrollable son. It was then that I realised he would have actually enjoyed seeing me die, and there was no limit to his sadistic mind games or lack of compassion.

Father and sister had the power to make outsiders who might have supported me feel total hatred towards me just by manufacturing a false narrative portraying me as the classic, hostile young man. If I tried to counter with the claim that they are conspiring against me and trying to cut off my support in a bid to destroy me, I was the one who sounded like the raving lunatic who should be shunned. I lost all support and had to battle my way through life with no education, no money, no knowledge of how the world works, no confidence to connect with people, etc.

I fought to figure everything out, got humble jobs, bought an inexpensive house that is now almost paid off and learned to feign normality enough to survive. Some might consider me a survival success story, but by missing out on ever feeling loved, my daily levels of grief are so high that I likely don't have long for this world. The lesson I have learned: the narcissists will always win. The end.

I tend to get triggered when the very few mutual contacts made comments that I should 'forgive' him or that I'm wrong for portraying him as evil because everyone else has their stories about being charmed and seduced by his 'saintliness'. My emotional instability around this issue makes me look like the bad guy and caused me to fall into the trap that had been laid, further advancing the narrative of my abusers. I have to marvel, almost with appreciative admiration, at what spectacular evil people are capable of.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood, _Seeking and Water-Lily
TheLastFemaphrodyke

TheLastFemaphrodyke

Student
May 25, 2022
You try and explain to anyone how someone has gaslit, or abused you and you come off sounding looney tunes. Unless you are here, or in another structured meeting that addresses such issues. Everyone expects us to be open and honest but when we speak of such things, we become pariahs.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha