TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
Like ill keep it brief, im not in education but i am working 2 jobs, one is my side hustle though just ebay and shit.

I used to be in love with learning, at high school though it got destroyed entirely. I'd be ahead in things and be held back or stopped from progressing, often getting into trouble.

English was the worst, I'd have finished reading the book in the first class as I'm a very quick reader and boredom would just hit, i wanted another thing to do but i couldn't.

Often times I'd get shouted at because i wasn't following along, i was miles ahead doing next weeks shit.

Like this in most classes, add on worsening depression and anxiety, shit home life and now you can't tell i was smart back then. I appear very dumb...

It's the depression brain fog, i forget my name and house address all the time, constantly repeat actions too.

But fuck i learned more outside of school than i did in, i could read a textbook with google and peace now but fuck I'd forget it all.

Anyone the same?

• Love
Reactions: cgrtt.brns, psp3000 and redhouse
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
im almost exactly the same. i love learning new things but the way school was structured made it unbearable. i had to leave school and missed probably the equivalent of two years of secondary education purely because i couldnt handle being inside of a school. now im dumb as shit and cant even read the first chapter of a book. i completely get the depression brain fog, that and audhd make it impossible for me to focus on work. ive been out of education for two years now (left halfway through a college course bc i couldnt focus and it was making me more suicidal) and cant get a job bc of it. i constantly forget the simplest things, my brain goes blank frequently, i stutter and zone out during conversations, i zone out even when im by myself doing something i enjoy. funnily enough since joining sasu ive read and written more in the last few months than i have probably in the last four years, its strange how much mental energy i put into this site.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheSpookyNameGuy
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
im almost exactly the same. i love learning new things but the way school was structured made it unbearable. i had to leave school and missed probably the equivalent of two years of secondary education purely because i couldnt handle being inside of a school. now im dumb as shit and cant even read the first chapter of a book. i completely get the depression brain fog, that and audhd make it impossible for me to focus on work. ive been out of education for two years now (left halfway through a college course bc i couldnt focus and it was making me more suicidal) and cant get a job bc of it. i constantly forget the simplest things, my brain goes blank frequently, i stutter and zone out during conversations, i zone out even when im by myself doing something i enjoy. funnily enough since joining sasu ive read and written more in the last few months than i have probably in the last four years, its strange how much mental energy i put into this site.
Wow im sorry to hear that bud, if it makes a difference im in the exact same camp almost, i struggle to read books, forget them easily. ADHD as well which is terrible as you know yourself.

Its the wasted time and thought of potential if school was designed better

• Love
Reactions: cgrtt.brns