daocreator

daocreator

Unstable uni student
Nov 29, 2023
I often feel like I'd never truly fit in with people in my generation, as all their thoughts are about relationships and the like. I just don't find such things actually fun to get into. Like, if I ever considered a relationship, it'd have to be a serious one. I just don't get how one would actually find joy in "pretending" to love another. Relationships are really just a side to it, which I know I'm a little self conscious since I have had chances but not given in to them due to my unwillingness.

That aside, I do find that whenever I'm with people, they discuss stuff that I would always find edgy/attention-seeking.

In any case, this post might seem a little like "give me validation that it's alright to be an old soul!". But i just haven't had people id properly call friends in a long time. So I felt like making a thread and seeing others' opinions about it

Reactions: leavingthesoultrap and Mitsumi
Mitsumi

Mitsumi

Student
Dec 23, 2023
Your words resonated with me so much.

• Love
Reactions: daocreator
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
idk if i'd attribute my inability to make connections to being an old soul. i just feel completely unlike every other person ive had the displeasure of meeting, knowing, or encountering. idc abt most of the things they care abt, im uninterested in most of the things they're interested in, i can't believe their mindsets/thought processes are what they are, they say the most rudimentary things but think they're profound & complex, etc.

i've long since given up on having a person or being truly seen/understood before i die.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hollowman
daocreator

daocreator

Unstable uni student
Nov 29, 2023
idk if i'd attribute my inability to make connections to being an old soul. i just feel completely unlike every other person ive had the displeasure of meeting, knowing, or encountering. idc abt most of the things they care abt, im uninterested in most of the things they're interested in, i can't believe their mindsets/thought processes are what they are, they say the most rudimentary things but think they're profound & complex, etc.

i've long since given up on having a person or being truly seen/understood before i die.
Well, I haven't quite clarified it in my post. I didn't mean that I can't make connections with people and so am an old soul. I do feel like, whenever I'm with people (my age, ofc), whatever subject they find interesting, I find immature. It might because I'm taking life a little too seriously, or that the group of people I'm usually with doesn't go along my interests? Either way, if anything was misunderstood on my part, please let me know

Reactions: leavingthesoultrap