DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
I feel that I'm going to make a thread on something regarding this forum, as I have something to say, and it'll probably be a long post. So, to everyone who feels like they've been silenced and dismissed for expressing anything that goes against the narrative of the majority, please stand up and share your experiences.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: anguila_anguila, Temporal_Anchorite, OpheliasFlowers and 6 others
GreyCTB

GreyCTB

Student
Aug 26, 2022
Yes all the time.

Nowadays you have so much pro this anti that, what happened to having a normal opinion? It's like people will not consider individual opinions anymore but you are forced to be pro or anti something. Individualism is dying.

When you post something that speaks negatively on women you are automatically an incel, if you do not want to get vaccinated you are automatically an anti vaxxer and conspiracy theorist and obviously crazy for not following what scientists say.

You get so much hate for sharing certain opinions nowadays even when you do not explain your reasonings behind it, it's making me watch what I say online and I feel like I can't even say what I want anymore unless it goes along with the mainstream

This is my experience with internet and partly society as a whole. I am not sure if you are asking about this forum specifically or not but I feel that this forum is one of the most open minded places online and much better than everywhere else on the internet. Still I feel like you cannot say a few things here and occasionally you will get ridiculed for having an opinion that goes against the norm but overall you are almost always accepted for your true feelings and stances on things.

• Love
Reactions: kernel_panic, Jonbonesjones, anguila_anguila and 12 others
Lonerzepam

Lonerzepam

O'lord! I Have My Doubts
Sep 2, 2022
Yes all the time.
Especially in my family.
I saw a video of ISIS today. They're presenting their new execution method. Please don't start on me why I'm watching such videos.
Anyways I told my mom hey they got a new execution method at ISIS. They don't behead or shoot people anymore, now they bind explosives around their enemies necks like a necklace and blow them up like that. I said I think that's way more peacefull compared to some other methods they use. She basically replied wtf is wrong with me. I don't blame her I know it's abit of an extreme example. But the point is the same. Can't have a discussion about any topic out the norm. It's so ridicoules

• Hugs
Reactions: Jonbonesjones, whatevs, GreyCTB and 4 others
A

another@

Nov 13, 2022
Yes all the time.
Especially in my family.
I saw a video of ISIS today. They're presenting their new execution method. Please don't start on me why I'm watching such videos.
Anyways I told my mom hey they got a new execution method at ISIS. They don't behead or shoot people anymore, now they bind explosives around their enemies necks like a necklace and blow them up like that. I said I think that's way more peacefull compared to some other methods they use. She basically replied wtf is wrong with me. I don't blame her I know it's abit of an extreme example. But the point is the same. Can't have a discussion about any topic out the norm. It's so ridicoules
But when talking about electrocution they believe in all its "theraputic health benefits"
Clearly they haven't watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (they're in it.)

DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
Yes all the time.

Nowadays you have so much pro this anti that, what happened to having a normal opinion? It's like people will not consider individual opinions anymore but you are forced to be pro or anti something. Individualism is dying.

When you post something that speaks negatively on women you are automatically an incel, if you do not want to get vaccinated you are automatically an anti vaxxer and conspiracy theorist and obviously crazy for not following what scientists say.

You get so much hate for sharing certain opinions nowadays even when you do not explain your reasonings behind it, it's making me watch what I say online and I feel like I can't even say what I want anymore unless it goes along with the mainstream

This is my experience with internet and partly society as a whole. I am not sure if you are asking about this forum specifically or not but I feel that this forum is one of the most open minded places online and much better than everywhere else on the internet. Still I feel like you cannot say a few things here and occasionally you will get ridiculed for having an opinion that goes against the norm but overall you are almost always accepted for your true feelings and stances on things.
It's basically both the forum and society in general. But yeah... to me, I've noticed a change in the atmosphere even on here over the years. Luckily... I am working on a solution for some easily offended individuals.

But yes... Individualism is definitely in peril.

I guess based on the severity, I'm definitely gonna address it.

Reactions: anguila_anguila, lukas19, Disappointered and 1 other person
A

another@

Nov 13, 2022
Yes all the time.

I clicked on a regrattably popular YT short yesterday about "how dads are made". It was basically a Tiktok that slandered men. Ofc I regretted clicking and didn't look further, but I bet serious brownie points their channel hosts either an endearing video titled "how moms are made" or "happy mothers day!!1!1" Though tbh with the faith I've lost in humanity I can't even hope for simple hippocracy. Probably even more slander unfortunately.. But the mothers day vid is definitely made of cheese. And there was an andrew tate short where everyone simped for how much he "cares about his mother". One comment even said "if you don't respect your mother as a man it's unthinkable. But if you're a girl it makes sense" (paraphrasing). Yes I blabber. Sorry? But gotta speak facts sometimes. Right?

• Love
Reactions: anguila_anguila, GreyCTB and DetachedDreamer97
Message In A Bottle

Message In A Bottle

📜 Just me, myself, and I
Apr 1, 2022
Yeah...why I try to lay low. I don't need fifty people coming at me just for expressing myself. I already have bad social anxiety and question every choice I make on the daily. I don't need assistance with that. I had commented one time on a forum, and people started accusing me of something I'm not. You can't escape it, even in a place as open-minded as here.

Though I will say this place is better than most so I am grateful for that. But people need to stop putting unnecessary labels on everything - This isn't campbells

Reactions: anguila_anguila, lukas19, ColorlessTrees and 3 others
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Yeah...why I try to lay low. I don't need fifty people coming at me just for expressing myself. I already have bad social anxiety and question every choice I make on the daily. I don't need assistance with that. I had commented one time on a forum, and people started accusing me of something I'm not. You can't escape it, even in a place as open-minded as here.

Though I will say this place is better than most so I am grateful for that. But people need to stop putting unnecessary labels on everything - This isn't campbells
I find it hard to express myself even on a forum as open minded as this one because I am afraid of the backlash that can come. I am glad I was able to find other people who feel similar to me at least.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nolan96, ColorlessTrees, Domimi and 3 others
Message In A Bottle

Message In A Bottle

📜 Just me, myself, and I
Apr 1, 2022
I find it hard to express myself even on a forum as open minded as this one because I am afraid of the backlash that can come. I am glad I was able to find other people who feel similar to me at least.
Same...I just want to fit in for once in my life without fear of being outcasted once again.

But you're right, doesn't seem like we are the only ones to think this way at least - which is a less lonely feeling.

Reactions: DetachedDreamer97 and WhatPowerIs
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
both

Reactions: Disappointered and DetachedDreamer97
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Understand thi complex topic not only politic etc ,part have herd see ape copy ape ,also Same war topic differ this here sufferi war norm outer, basic mean sometime express same 5 column betray cause. But other that only herd attack abuse etc see game comm all herd say one no allow plsystyle otre . This entire species inherent fight all history stone age medival ape

Reactions: anguila_anguila, Disappointered, ColorlessTrees and 2 others
lachrymost

lachrymost

finger on the eject button
Oct 4, 2022
There are things I believe and thoughts I have that if people knew, most would think me despicable. Knowing this is pretty eerie.

Reactions: DetachedDreamer97
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Yeah, but I think that's by design. The homogenization of people. This century is largely going to be about cattle-management and it helps if they all think the same.

• Informative
Reactions: Jonbonesjones, ColorlessTrees, whatevs and 1 other person
C

ConstantPain

Sorry but cats are so much better than people
Jun 9, 2022
Yes, all of the time. I live in an awful southern US state where my liberal views are detested. And most definitely when it comes to religion or lack thereof. As an atheist, I have experienced being silenced and judged in person quite a lot (this is the only social media I use or I'm sure it would happen there too).
One example is how terrible I must be to refuse to celebrate Christmas. Or how I'd rather celebrate the Winter Solstice and nature cycles, if anything.

Reactions: DetachedDreamer97
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
Yes, all of the time. I live in an awful southern US state where my liberal views are detested. And most definitely when it comes to religion or lack thereof. As an atheist, I have experienced being silenced and judged in person quite a lot (this is the only social media I use or I'm sure it would happen there too).
One example is how terrible I must be to refuse to celebrate Christmas. Or how I'd rather celebrate the Winter Solstice and nature cycles, if anything.
My, my... You're an interesting one... Winter solstice? I kinda find more spiritual meaning in that over Christmas tbh...

Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
Apparently I was repeatedly mocked and insulted when I posted a thread about the Jean-Michel Macron theory. I left after the first few ridiculous posts (not including a couple that were legitimate and polite) having grown tired of idiots sapping my energy. When I returned a few days later the thread was deleted. I was later informed of the insults. Suicidals are probably going to be occasionally unstable but "progressive" often includes a bizarre culture of hatred that masquerades as morally superior and seems to thrive on misplaced desires for vengeance, especially when emboldened by the security of the herd. Some are "triggered" because mentally conditioned to react as would a dog while others are just addicted to filling the emptiness with team spirit. I guess if I was on a forum for people who were invested in the future rather than in finding ways to cut it short I'd care. Seems like a waste of energy on suicide forum but I guess some people feel like having a last roar before leaving, no matter how petty or disgraceful. Same old.

• Love
Reactions: anguila_anguila and DetachedDreamer97
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
Apparently I was repeatedly mocked and insulted when I posted a thread about the Jean-Michel Macron theory. I left after the first few ridiculous posts (not including a couple that were legitimate and polite) having grown tired of idiots sapping my energy. When I returned a few days later the thread was deleted. I was later informed of the insults. Suicidals are probably going to be occasionally unstable but "progressive" often includes a bizarre culture of hatred that masquerades as morally superior and seems to thrive on misplaced desires for vengeance, especially when emboldened by the security of the herd. Some are "triggered" because mentally conditioned to react as would a dog while others are just addicted to filling the emptiness with team spirit. I guess if I was on a forum for people who were invested in the future rather than in finding ways to cut it short I'd care. Seems like a waste of energy on suicide forum but I guess some people feel like having a last roar before leaving, no matter how petty or disgraceful. Same old.

I have a feeling that everything is going to become totalitarian because people are becoming sensitive snowflakes. Problem is, even if they try running away and sheltering yourself from the painful aspects of reality, they're going to break the very moment when they have no choice but to face it. I know that for a fact, and it was the very thing that almost killed me.

What they need to understand is that the world is not out to get them. As well as the fact that it takes more than wearing an identity on a sleeve to be truly special and unique, and only then will they overcome their misery.

The Sanctioned Suicide community was once a decent place where everyone got along and there was true diversity. This is no longer present here. We may tolerate people with different skin colors, sex orientation, gender, but to be truly diverse requires tolerance of ideas... or the things someone likes.

And based on observations with not only this site, but sub communities or western culture in general, I see that a lot of people are completely self-absorbed. I see a lot of self-pity and victimization, I see a lot of blame, I see a lot of people having this nihilistic mindset where they're like, "fuck everyone... every man for himself". And it's that very reason we're likely never going to rise to the top and overcome a bigger problem, whatever that is.

• Informative
Reactions: anguila_anguila, lukas19, Rapière and 4 others
Temporal_Anchorite

Temporal_Anchorite

wanting outta this bitch
Sep 23, 2022
Personally, I have never been of the politically correct disposition and my personality tends to score pretty low in agreeableness while also extremely high in openness. Although I vehemently reject most of the nonsensical "woke" leftist progressive drivel that we are persistently bombarded with nowadays, I certainly don't align with the culturally conservative/traditional types either. It's interesting, the tyrannical thought police of the more left-leaning variety only claim to be open-minded individuals, but they are also the first to become irrationality hostile towards opposing viewpoints and other forms of ostensible social "harm".

But like everything, there is a balance to be had: while it's never wise to invalidate someone's pain or personal experience, you also have to recognize that the current sociocultural zeitgeist (particularly in the West) has veered too hard in the opposite direction, leading to the glorification of victimization and learned-helplessness. Society should be organized in such a way that it maximizes/prioritizes the liberty, autonomy, and self-determination of the individual—this includes encouraging a diversity of thought and freely speaking your mind in the face of adversity from the group consensus.

Mass cultural uniformity has led to many people becoming nothing more than easily-programmable robots who can't think for themselves, and this further exacerbates a pervasive issue where people feel compelled to "bubble wrap" many corners of society that they perceive to be dangerous. Collectivism is on the rise at an alarming rate and it will attempt to rip away at the very fabric of your own individuality.

• Love
Reactions: Jonbonesjones and DetachedDreamer97
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
The problem these days is there's too much Woke, it's all Woke this and Woke that, you can't even turn the TV on now without seeing someone get Cancelled live on air, just for having an opinion! Even in the supermarket, Woke Mobs are everywhere, stacking shelves with "free trade" coffee, just ramming this Woke nonsense down our throats constantly, I'm like, fuck off Woke!!!

• Yay!
Reactions: Jonbonesjones, lukas19, Un- and 1 other person
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
Personally, I have never been of the politically correct disposition and my personality tends to score pretty low in agreeableness while also extremely high in openness. Although I vehemently reject most of the nonsensical "woke" leftist progressive drivel that we are persistently bombarded with nowadays, I certainly don't align with the culturally conservative/traditional types either. It's interesting, the tyrannical thought police of the more left-leaning variety only claim to be open-minded individuals, but they are also the first to become irrationality hostile towards opposing viewpoints and other forms of ostensible social "harm".

But like everything, there is a balance to be had: while it's never wise to invalidate someone's pain or personal experience, you also have to recognize that the current sociocultural zeitgeist (particularly in the West) has veered too hard in the opposite direction, leading to the glorification of victimization and learned-helplessness. Society should be organized in such a way that it maximizes/prioritizes the liberty, autonomy, and self-determination of the individual—this includes encouraging a diversity of thought and freely speaking your mind in the face of adversity from the group consensus.

Mass cultural uniformity has led to many people becoming nothing more than easily-programmable robots who can't think for themselves, and this further exacerbates a pervasive issue where people feel compelled to "bubble wrap" many corners of society that they perceive to be dangerous. Collectivism is on the rise at an alarming rate and it will attempt to rip away at the very fabric of your own individuality.
Very well said; far better than what I am able to articulate at the moment.

Yes, there has to be balance. We know where to draw the line for the conservatives, but we've yet to figure out where to draw one for the left.

Interestingly enough, the same is true for rationality and spirituality, which that is a major factor in why things are so out of wack.

Reactions: ConstantPain
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I usually don't care too much but when i started reading about stoicism i saw that it was smarter to ignore than to confront, i guess idgaf

• Love
Reactions: Jonbonesjones and lukas19
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
I usually don't care too much but when i started reading about stoicism i saw that it was smarter to ignore than to confront, i guess idgaf
Hehehe... Honestly, I've been doing the same as well... though to a lesser degree...

Reactions: Jonbonesjones
sunsetting

sunsetting

Jun 9, 2021
Yeah it's almost like I'm seen as an atheist for believing that current politics is just a bunch of old people filling their pockets and not having any faith in politician A or B.

• Love
Reactions: Jonbonesjones and DetachedDreamer97
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
Yeah it's almost like I'm seen as an atheist for believing that current politics is just a bunch of old people filling their pockets and not having any faith in politician A or B.
Politics are indeed a waste of time... 😏
That's why I never vote... though in retrospect, I feel that things were perhaps better when the last president was around. Though I do have family members and a few others tell me that the reason the economy and everything is going to shit was becasue of his doing. But... sometimes I wonder. Regardless, I'm just gonna work on getting the heck out of dodge and live elsewhere. I just need to make some 🍞.

cristaleyez

cristaleyez

xe/they/it
Feb 21, 2023
I feel like there's an issue in expressing neutrality towards certain issues today. If you're not for or against, people automatically assume you're on the opposite side of them. Sometimes I just don't know how to feel about a topic. I may not have done enough research. I may not understand it enough. I may feel as if it isn't something I have a say in because I don't experience it. But if I choose to be neutral, that makes me everything but neutral somehow. To someone for it, I'm against it, for someone against it, I'm for it.

Whatever happened to not having an opinion on something.

Reactions: Jonbonesjones