Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

šŸŽµ Be all, end all šŸŽµ
Apr 17, 2023
Sounds awful. I just want oblivion or another temporary existence but unrelated to this one or this planet.

Reactions: sserafim, reevealeutian and psp3000
FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
The whole idea is that eternal life is paradise and goodness, right? I'm the opposite, I wish I was religious to believe in the hopeful bullcrap.

Reactions: sserafim, reevealeutian and psp3000
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Apr 17, 2023
The whole idea is that eternal life is paradise and goodness, right? I'm the opposite, I wish I was religious to believe in the hopeful bullcrap.
Paradise isn't Paradise with other humans and it lasting forever.

Reactions: StolenLife, Hollowman and psp3000
FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
Paradise isn't Paradise with other humans and it lasting forever.

That's fair. If I were to imagine, if it was really good, I would be surrounded by humans that understand and wholly accept me. Lasting forever removes the burden of feeling of wasting my time on any futilities and so I could enjoy the afterlife fully. And, if it is so ideal, then if I end up doing everything, and feel satisfied, my soul would have the option to pass away.

It's such a vague concept that allows for so much personal expectations to be inserted. Is heaven a city of people all dressed in white? Is it a sexist paradise of each man receiving 72 virgins? It's all dreams and make-believe.

• Informative
Reactions: psp3000
J

josephk

Jun 19, 2023
Depending on if you were a good person or not. Don't forget you can be cast into the lakes of fire, even for thought crimes

Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV)
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
That doesn't sound awful, I wonder what all these people think they'll be doing for eternity. Immortality sounds awful, eternal nothingness is what's most likely to happen.

Reactions: StolenLife and Ambivalent1
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It isn't the thing that puts me off being religious- as it were. I'm not so sure it's as much of a logical choice as that- although- I suppose it can be. I get the impression many people who are religious have been brought up that way- those beliefs are ingrained as it were. Whether they happen to like them or not...

If anything, I find it kind of amusing- like eternal life is supposed to be a reward. Even if it's in heaven- I just don't see eternal life as being appealing. What on earth does anyone do with forever?!! I'm struggling to know what to do with this Sunday afternoon.

Reactions: Ambivalent1, StolenLife and Hollowman
StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
There are other, more prominent reasons why I despise religion but yeah, if I were to think about it I am dreading the idea of eternal life. I just want to not exist, perceive or feel in any way.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Apr 17, 2023
It isn't the thing that puts me off being religious- as it were. I'm not so sure it's as much of a logical choice as that- although- I suppose it can be. I get the impression many people who are religious have been brought up that way- those beliefs are ingrained as it were. Whether they happen to like them or not...

If anything, I find it kind of amusing- like eternal life is supposed to be a reward. Even if it's in heaven- I just don't see eternal life as being appealing. What on earth does anyone do with forever?!! I'm struggling to know what to do with this Sunday afternoon.
Watch tv forever lol

• Yay!
Reactions: Forever Sleep