sadstuffie

sadstuffie

Student
Aug 11, 2020
like I can NEVER sleep so I'm tired all day & have massive headaches. & even if I WANTED to actually do something, I just cant bring myself to do it. I struggle to do daily tasks like doing my hair & even fun stuff I like to do. idk what this means, but I've felt like this since I was about 12 years old. I hate it, it sucks. I feel like I'm wasting my life.
I'm supposed to be going to an interview for a job I would really like today, but idk if I even have the energy to get ready. I just dont know what to do anymore.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Rn110bg101, valentine, tidalwxves and 19 others
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
like I can NEVER sleep so I'm tired all day & have massive headaches. & even if I WANTED to actually do something, I just cant bring myself to do it. I struggle to do daily tasks like doing my hair & even fun stuff I like to do. idk what this means, but I've felt like this since I was about 12 years old. I hate it, it sucks. I feel like I'm wasting my life.
I'm supposed to be going to an interview for a job I would really like today, but idk if I even have the energy to get ready. I just dont know what to do anymore.

I feel this. No sleep and everything is a constant struggle. If you know you'll like the job, maybe try to use that to motivate yourself to go to the interview. Easier said then done, but it's worth a shot?

Reactions: Rn110bg101, Huntfish34, Sarahlynn and 1 other person
almost_dead

almost_dead

Arcanist
Aug 7, 2020
-hugs-

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Huntfish34 and sadstuffie
Sarahlynn

Sarahlynn

Deep breath, stand back, it's time.
Aug 19, 2020
That is the hallmark of depression.

I have better periods, but right now I'm in a bad one. I get out of bed most days, those days I lay on the sofa instead. Right in front of me is my sole potted plant, a peace lily. They are so easy to care for as they tell you when they need water by hanging the leaves. Just splash some water (or tea, even beer works), and it will get all nice and happy again, even after letting you know for a long while.

I have been looking at my lily for, I dunno, a week? I really want it to survive. It will probably take me 1 minute of effort. I have even gotten up, thought "I WILL RESCUE YOU". But by the time I have returned to the sofa carrying with me something i discovered while going to the toilet, as I was already up I might as well pee, I see it again, and realize I failed, again. And I already spent the "getting up energy" for that hour.

My lily will die. I think it's a good thing I don't have kids or pets.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sadstuffie, Kassender, LivedTooLong and 7 others
K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
I sleep but I have no energy, I am barely can keep up my hygiene routine, only because I don't live alone. Everything is a struggle. I like cooking but rarely can find some strength to do it.
And my brain is constantly in overdrive mode, constantly looping same negative thoughts.

• Hugs
Reactions: GreenTree, Blueman, sadstuffie and 8 others
Sarahlynn

Sarahlynn

Aug 19, 2020
I sleep but I have no energy, I am barely can keep up my hygiene routine, only because I don't live alone. Everything is a struggle. I like cooking but rarely can find some strength to do it.
And my brain is constantly in overdrive mode, constantly looping same negative thoughts.
For me, it's either all sleep, or no sleep, and I am just as tired either way. I was really exhausted on sunday, according to my fitbit, this was my saturday night: Screenshot 20200908 214836

I do have less panic attacks when sleeping like that though, the two-hours-a-night for weeks is when I actually think I will lose it.

• Aww..
Reactions: _Minsk
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
For me, it's either all sleep, or no sleep, and I am just as tired either way. I was really exhausted on sunday, according to my fitbit, this was my saturday night: View attachment 43989

I do have less panic attacks when sleeping like that though, the two-hours-a-night for weeks is when I actually think I will lose it.
Is that an app ?

Sarahlynn

Sarahlynn

Aug 19, 2020
Is that an app ?
You will need a smart watch (I have a fitbit), and then it will come with an app where you can register stuff like exercise, pulse, sleep and movement through the day.

It's not 100% accurate, but will give you a good indication of what is happening with your body.

Like for the above example, I was probably not actually sleeping for almost 18 hours, some of it was probably lethargic and/or drowzing. And it has trouble calculating for really bad nights, like this night, I know I wasn't sleeping the whole time, as I was active in a forum when it said I was sleeping (and less than four hour looks different) :

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200908_221928.jpg
    Screenshot_20200908_221928.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Reactions: Mm80
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
You will need a smart watch (I have a fitbit), and then it will come with an app where you can register stuff like exercise, pulse, sleep and movement through the day.

It's not 100% accurate, but will give you a good indication of what is happening with your body.

Like for the above example, I was probably not actually sleeping for almost 18 hours, some of it was probably lethargic and/or drowzing. And it has trouble calculating for really bad nights, like this night, I know I wasn't sleeping the whole time, as I was active in a forum when it said I was sleeping (and less than four hour looks different) :
Thank you.

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
I can barely do anything either. I've been trying get it together to take a shower for days now. Mostly, I just sleep. That's kind of a problem, since my bed finally fell apart. Not sure if it's usable now.

I live with relatives who would help me with it, but I can't stand to see them most of the time. It's not that they mistreat me. They don't. It's just that looking at humans fills me with a combination of hate and terror that I don't understand. I don't want to hurt anyone, so I avoid people.

Reactions: sadstuffie
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
This is me right now. I can barely go to sleep and I can eat a few bites of something before I can't anymore. I've had headaches for years, which disappear for sometimes weeks but always come back.

T

tidalwxves

Student
Sep 8, 2020
I'm sorry, I understand what its like to not be able to get out of bed. Do you live alone? If not maybe someone you live with could start some of these tasks with you so it would be less intimidating/exhausting. Or maybe you could call a friend and just say "hey I need to do x but I'm having trouble getting started" people like to be helpful, you aren't alone you don't have to do this by yourself