PrincessInWhite

PrincessInWhite

I just want to sell out my funeral
Feb 21, 2019
I will be going back on public insurance soon (my state has decent medicaid) but I am still so terrified it's stoppnig me from attempting. I am so angry. I can handle failing, I can't handle ending up with debt.

• Hugs
Reactions: purplesmoothie, sadworld, GoneGoneGone and 2 others
T

tidalwxves

Student
Sep 8, 2020
I will be going back on public insurance soon (my state has decent medicaid) but I am still so terrified it's stoppnig me from attempting. I am so angry. I can handle failing, I can't handle ending up with debt.
I think that's a valid concern, I know its frustrating, What kind of support can we offer? I suggest you try and seek some professional help when you are back on public insurance, but in the mean time this community will do the best we can to help

• Hugs
Reactions: PrincessInWhite
PrincessInWhite

PrincessInWhite

Feb 21, 2019
I think that's a valid concern, I know its frustrating, What kind of support can we offer? I suggest you try and seek some professional help when you are back on public insurance, but in the mean time this community will do the best we can to help
was actually kind of hoping for ways around it if anyone has experienced that or hearing that the bills won't be that bad or can be put off in other ways if it comes to pass, etc. I have gotten help many many years in many different ways, I do appreciate the suggestion though

Reactions: GoneGoneGone
xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
Presuming you're in the US then? I always think it's so fucked up when I hear the bills people living in the States get for basic healthcare needs
Where I live if you failed an attempt(which I have many times) someone would typically call an ambulance or take you to the emergency department, you'd get treated medically and then see a psychiatrist who may or may not put you in the psych ward, it's rare to get sectioned but can happen...
Oh and all this is done FOR FREE, which is how it should be everywhere!
I'm sorry this is a worry for so many of you, that's messed up

Reactions: Iamchickenhat, Élégie, GoneGoneGone and 1 other person
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
I think an ambulance call out in the states costs bout $1500.

It's scandalous really.

• Wow
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Bah, purplesmoothie, Meditation guide and 5 others
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
The US medical system is scary!!! although you guys don't pay national insurance like the UK do you?, that goes toward hospitals etc and we don't have to pay.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lost in a Dream
Checkmate3

Checkmate3

Student
Aug 15, 2020
Presuming you're in the US then? I always think it's so fucked up when I hear the bills people living in the States get for basic healthcare needs

Oh yeah, greed destroyed this once great country a long time ago.

• Aww..
Reactions: Iamchickenhat, Lost in a Dream and xLosthopex
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I've already met my family deductible for the year (because of ONE emergency room visit for my husband that lasted six hours, five of which were spent in the waiting room). So as long as it happens before the end of the year, not such a big deal, I guess. I better get on that.

• Wow
Reactions: ghostspace and checkouttime
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Yes, the last thing I would want to do is impose huge medical bills on them. It's ok, when I get to ctb I'll be alone and forgotten so nobody will around to be billed or care.

• Hugs
Reactions: Iamchickenhat and checkouttime
PrincessInWhite

PrincessInWhite

Feb 21, 2019
this all makes me wanna seriously attempt soon LOL and just make sure i get it right.

It's scandalous really.
it'ss not as dramatic as that for me lol, i have public insurance which is decent here. I just have severe anxiety and was sort of hoping for reassurance around it from people who live here/have been in a simialr situation with good state insurance

It's scandalous really.
it'ss not as dramatic as that for me lol, i have public insurance which is decent here. I just have severe anxiety and was sort of hoping for reassurance around it from people who live here/have been in a simialr situation with good state insurance
I've already met my family deductible for the year (because of ONE emergency room visit for my husband that lasted six hours, five of which were spent in the waiting room). So as long as it happens before the end of the year, not such a big deal, I guess. I better get on that.
shit...makes me feel better about being unemployed and on medicaid...I am so sorry friend.
Yes, the last thing I would want to do is impose huge medical bills on them. It's ok, when I get to ctb I'll be alone and forgotten so nobody will around to be billed or care.
I have enough to cover them luckily. I have 25k to my name, not good but enoguh to cover a few attempts at least LOL, enough to survive one for sure. i'm just so obsessive with money it's debilitating

Last edited:
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020

It's scandalous really.

You are right about it being scandalous. Medical professionals these days care more about money than they do about actually helping people. It makes me afraid to fail at suicide as well, but it just means I will have to be extra careful.

I have 25k to my name, not good but enoguh to cover a few attempts at least LOL, enough to survive one for sure. i'm just so obsessive with money it's debilitating

Damn that's a lot of money! I think it would be nice to have that much so I could make sure my family got it after I was gone.

• Hugs
Reactions: GoneGoneGone
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
I am lucky to live in a country where being imprisoned for 2 months and mentally abused in order to stomp out the depression is free

• Hmph!
Reactions: Iamchickenhat, Élégie, purplesmoothie and 4 others
ghostspace

ghostspace

ghost space, ghosts pace
Feb 10, 2020
when I took antifreeze, I ubered to the hospital when I got scared to avoid the ambulance cost. the hospital bill alone was around 20k+ for a few days admission.

• Wow
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Élégie, purplesmoothie, Meditation guide and 2 others
PrincessInWhite

PrincessInWhite

Feb 21, 2019
when I took antifreeze, I ubered to the hospital when I got scared to avoid the ambulance cost. the hospital bill alone was around 20k+ for a few days admission.
this is why im glad i have medicaid. jesus christ
I am lucky to live in a country where being imprisoned for 2 months and mentally abused in order to stomp out the depression is free
i mean honestly yeah i'd take that over this ssighs

Reactions: ghostspace
S

stupid little girl

always sad
Nov 28, 2019
Omg I was just talking to one of my friends about this. She isn't suicidal, but agreed it is messed up. I can't imagine being buried in medical debt. If that happened it would make me want to kill myself that much harder. I think SN will be my method, but if needed I'll do something more drastic to avoid all that debt I'll never pay off. Actually, thinking about this made me feel suicidal last week. If I could get help for free I would, but the U.S. healthcare system is utter crap. But to answer your question yes that has made me push back the date of when I plan to leave. Plus, I could always lose my job and be stuck with bills...

G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020

It's scandalous really.
I attempted SN in NL, just got the bill, it was 2k almost, 1 for ambulance 1 for treatment of 1 day. Luckily insurance pays

Reactions: sadworld
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
How horrible for you. I can't even find anything to make that into a joke. It sounds barbaric.
I would think it would be more effective and easier to give you a two month vacation in a lovely spot with beaches and gardens.

Reactions: Élégie, sadworld and GoneGoneGone
S

Sk1n1M1n

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
Not really, I went in voluntary and it wasn't as usual as I first thought or imagined it to be although, was there for a weeks and it was a horrible experience thinking about it now I'm glad made that choice. I don't know where i would be without the help of the NHS.