M

mrtime87

Student
Jul 9, 2024
Here in the US I am on SSDI and just curious if anyone else is surviving on it?

What do you do with your free time?

All I do is play on my phone and lay around with occasional trip to the doctors office or mall.

For what it's worth, I'm a 38 yo male who had to move back in with my mother but am probably going to s homeless shelter by winter.

My diagnosed is bipolar disorder but lately I've been extremely depressed and having dark hallucinations.

My health is deteriorating due to years of neglect but I am trying to at least take it seriously, even if it's too late.

I often fear ending up on the streets and dying in the winter, but try to stay positive.

I'm just curious what keeps you occupied on disability, because I'm pretty much just stay in the trailer depressed.

Thanks.

• Hugs
Reactions: Reticent Being, Praestat_Mori, kyhoti and 1 other person
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I'm on disability since a few years, but European so things might be different for me.

Hobbies and volunteering a few hours a week. Seeing friends occasionally.
My pets take up time as well.
For what it's worth, I'm a 38 yo male who had to move back in with my mother but am probably going to s homeless shelter by winter.
I'm very sorry...those places aren't good for " people like us" :(

Sorry I can't help more :/

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and mrtime87
sos

sos

Experienced
Jul 22, 2024
isn't there anything else that you find interesting to do other than play around on ur phone?

idk, movies, games. . . ?

M

mrtime87

Student
Jul 9, 2024
I'm on disability since a few years, but European so things might be different for me.

Hobbies and volunteering a few hours a week. Seeing friends occasionally.
My pets take up time as well.

I'm very sorry...those places aren't good for " people like us" :(

Sorry I can't help more :/
I wish I still had friends, but the older I get the more I realize how lonely I've gotten.

I've burned a lot of bridges in my time, most of it due to emotional disorders that I don't think ever were addressed growing up as a child.

I always did well in school and did better than my classmates in regards to grades, but emotionally I was stunted, which is probably why I have so many problems that I do.

I know we're all capable of changing but sometimes the best we can do is try to be a better person knowing some repercussions will never change.

I regret being so arrogant in my 20s, that's for sure
isn't there anything else that you find interesting to do other than play around on ur phone?

idk, movies, games. . . ?
I saw deadpool in theaters today. I've posted on this before, but I've honestly lost all joy in life.

Watching television just depresses me seeing characters who do better than myself. Music used to help but even that isn't bringing joy to my life.

I get up, eat, and lay back down. There isn't much else to do.

Reactions: Reticent Being and Praestat_Mori
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I wish I still had friends, but the older I get the more I realize how lonely I've gotten.
I'm older than you:)
Have 2 friends left, being friends with a bpd'er isnt easy, can't blame people.

That's why I have pets, they don't care and bring so much love

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, kunikuzushi and mrtime87
M

mrtime87

Student
Jul 9, 2024
I'm older than you:)
Have 2 friends left, being friends with a bpd'er isnt easy, can't blame people.

That's why I have pets, they don't care and bring so much love
My mom has cats but too many. 9 to be exact.

M

mrtime87

Student
Jul 9, 2024
Oh...yeah that might be a bit to much for me too
Yeah it's pretty bad. She has a heart of gold but it's not ideal for them and sadly most will be put in a shelter when she gets an apartment.

• Aww..
Reactions: Myforevercharlie
VeryShy

VeryShy

Seriously disabled due to autism and schizophrenia
Jun 21, 2024
Me and my mum who lives with me and is my caretaker are on disability.
I'm autistic and schizophrenic, and my mum has physical ailments.
When it comes to me, I hardly function at all, and don't do anything worth mentioning during the day.
As for my mum, she has a very difficult time taking care of me, as I can't do many of the basic things by myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Myforevercharlie, grungy自殺 and 1 other person
L

lmaooo

Jul 11, 2022
Here in the US I am on SSDI and just curious if anyone else is surviving on it?

All I do is play on my phone and lay around with occasional trip to the doctors office or mall.

My diagnosed is bipolar disorder but lately I've been extremely depressed and having dark hallucinations.

My health is deteriorating due to years of neglect but I am trying to at least take it seriously, even if it's too late.

I often fear ending up on the streets and dying in the winter, but try to stay positive.

I'm just curious what keeps you occupied on disability, because I'm pretty much just stay in the trailer depressed.

Thanks.
Hi,

How did you get on SSDI? What kind of restrictions does this place on your ability to work a job and make additional money?

I am also in the US and have formal diagnoses of CPTSD, BPD, and major depressive disorder.

I struggle to hold down a job; I struggle in general. 37 years old. Wondering if I should look into this as well.

Thanks!

M

mrtime87

Student
Jul 9, 2024
Hi,

How did you get on SSDI? What kind of restrictions does this place on your ability to work a job and make additional money?

I am also in the US and have formal diagnoses of CPTSD, BPD, and major depressive disorder.

I struggle to hold down a job; I struggle in general. 37 years old. Wondering if I should look into this as well.

Thanks!
I got a social security lawyer and applied. You can work but it has to be under a certain amount of income and hours.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and lmaooo