• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

antilife

antilife

Student
Sep 11, 2023
I'm completely not able to take care of my needs. I struggle with showering, putting clothes on, preparing food for myself, grocery shopping, going for walks. I'm currently in a facility, still young and used to live with my grandma who took care of me. I'm afraid that I will never be able to live independently and that I will have to live in a home for mentally disabled people.

Does anyone live in a home like that?

How bad is your situation with basic care?

• Hugs
Reactions: matt1968, reclaimedbynature, kunikuzushi and 12 others
todeswunsch

todeswunsch

On overtime in life
Oct 19, 2023
I'm also having problems with self-care. I was never good at it to be honest, maybe because I'm austitic.
I lived by myself until earlier this year. I wan't eating because I couldn't care to make my food nor other any. Lost a lot of weight. I wasn't bathing, eating, brushing. I was just sleeping and working - until I was no longer able to work.
I got to a point that I saw that I couldn't take care of my own self so I decided to get back to my parents home. (after living alone by 10 years, it destroyed me)
They are helping me with the basics, but I'm still having hard time with stuff like brushing my teeth, changing clothes. I didn't get out of the home for some months already

I really wanted autonomy but I fear I will always depend on people.
I don't want that. Nor I want to live in a home for mentally disabled people.
And I fear that because I am indeed disabled :(

Any tips on self-care is welcome.
I wish us luck.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: DarkThoughts, deathxo, suicidalgirl96 and 3 others
antilife

antilife

Student
Sep 11, 2023
I'm also having problems with self-care. I was never good at it to be honest, maybe because I'm austitic.
I lived by myself until earlier this year. I wan't eating because I couldn't care to make my food nor other any. Lost a lot of weight. I wasn't bathing, eating, brushing. I was just sleeping and working - until I was no longer able to work.
I got to a point that I saw that I couldn't take care of my own self so I decided to get back to my parents home. (after living alone by 10 years, it destroyed me)
They are helping me with the basics, but I'm still having hard time with stuff like brushing my teeth, changing clothes. I didn't get out of the home for some months already

I really wanted autonomy but I fear I will always depend on people.
I don't want that. Nor I want to live in a home for mentally disabled people.
And I fear that because I am indeed disabled :(

Any tips on self-care is welcome.
I wish us luck.
I totally understand this. I wasn't outside for the last months either. I don't have any motivation to do so.
What has been your job if I may ask? I have never worked in my life, I feel like a Pieve of shit. I'm incredibly scared of applying. Not being able to answer their questions what my strengths and weaknesses are, I have no idea. I don't really know...

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager
B

bungalow13

Oct 22, 2023
Everyday. Have a bath once every 2 to 3 weeks. Wash under arms an sack maybe once in 3 yo 5 days.
You have to drive for self care. Still very tuff. Sleeping is my only way of existing with the mind turning dark constantly.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: DarkThoughts, suicidalgirl96, antilife and 2 others
todeswunsch

todeswunsch

On overtime in life
Oct 19, 2023
I totally understand this. I wasn't outside for the last months either. I don't have any motivation to do so.
What has been your job if I may ask? I have never worked in my life, I feel like a Pieve of shit. I'm incredibly scared of applying. Not being able to answer their questions what my strengths and weaknesses are, I have no idea. I don't really know...
I was a software developer, but also was working as Infra/DevOps/SysAdmin which contributed to the stress factor.
From April to October I was paralyzed in fear to applying again, but I started a new job this month. Not motivated at all, but lets see until when I last here...

Applying is scary, I have to agree. But let you know that you just need to follow a formula. You need to sell an image, and its all about how you frame it, not how you actually are. Get some online examples and tips. They need to believe youll be a nice slave haha

WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I'm usually OK with basic hygiene, I normally shower everyday, yet am struggling at the moment due to a chronic bout of depression.
Even opening my eyes in a morning is a struggle.
I don't shower much, probably once a week at the moment and manage to brush my teeth yet it still feels like, a major effort.
I seriously don't want to do it, but I struggle with ocd and have a germ phobia so I have to eventually force myself into the shower.

• Hugs
Reactions: ThisUnrest, suicidalgirl96, todeswunsch and 2 others
G

godsseepiestsoldier

Oct 22, 2023
Yeah you're definitely not alone. I'm really poor when it comes to basic care only doing the minimum when I go outside so that people don't think I'm a smelly bum lol. But also there's an element of I don't know how or what basic care is as I was never really taught. I don't really know how to shave leading to a shitty beard and a lot of cuts (and an itchy beard lol) and just constantly learning about stuff that's apparently basic care that I just never knew. Also as crazy as this is going to sounds I tend to stay away from basic care sometimes Purley because it causes me issues/hurts when I do take care of myself (shower, shave, eat etc)

• Hugs
Reactions: Dymphna, Clasrink, suicidalgirl96 and 2 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Yeah you're definitely not alone. I'm really poor when it comes to basic care only doing the minimum when I go outside so that people don't think I'm a smelly bum lol. But also there's an element of I don't know how or what basic care is as I was never really taught. I don't really know how to shave leading to a shitty beard and a lot of cuts (and an itchy beard lol) and just constantly learning about stuff that's apparently basic care that I just never knew. Also as crazy as this is going to sounds I tend to stay away from basic care sometimes Purley because it causes me issues/hurts when I do take care of myself (shower, shave, eat etc)
Beards are the worst, I hate them. I can't stand the horrible itch after not shaving for a while.

Reactions: godsseepiestsoldier
foreverfalling

foreverfalling

Experienced
Jul 22, 2022
My parents basically take care of me right now. Food, groceries, cleaning. I used to think I'd be able to do it if I wanted, but I've been doubting it now. I just seriously don't have the mental capacity to do all those things because of how my brain processes tasks. Every little thing takes an enormous amount of energy and causes me so much stress. It seems to be getting worse too. Before I'd have some energy left for hobbies after work, but lately I just stare at the computer and fall asleep after work. I fear soon I can't even keep up with work. When my parents pass I hope I can secure my exit plan. Even if I could take care of myself at a minimum, it wouldn't be quality of life. It takes time to do things properly, to cook healthy meals, to have time to exercise. It's impossible to do it all alone. I'd need to be able to get out before I run out of money.

I guess I share your fears too.

• Hugs
Reactions: sad_rock, suicidalgirl96, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
Yeah. I live on my own and have for the past 2 yrs. It's been a struggle. Sometimes im on point with everything. Other times I struggle completely.

Having CPTSD, ADHD and Autism doesn't help. I just try to do the best I can. Abd tryna get like city covered light housekeeping and paid for psw. I have health issues that impact taking care of my basic needs.

• Hugs
Reactions: sad_rock, suicidalgirl96, todeswunsch and 2 others
G

godsseepiestsoldier

Oct 22, 2023
Beards are the worst, I hate them. I can't stand the horrible itch after not shaving for a while.
Feel that I hate beards more than anything but it grows back so fast I have no choice 😕

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Feel that I hate beards more than anything but it grows back so fast I have no choice 😕
I hate my facial fungus so much I thought about having permanent hair removal treatment to get rid of the damn thing, but it costs a fortune.
It's a pity I can't transfer my beard onto the top of my head cos I'm bald .😄

• Yay!
Reactions: Clasrink, todeswunsch, godsseepiestsoldier and 1 other person
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
"Been there, done that". The first seven years of this ordeal were the worst. Was practically paralysed. Sometimes wouldn't shower for weeks, nor brush my teeth, my room was a mess, and didn't leave the the house for months. Sometimes maybe up to a year unless I was summoned somewhere. It's gross, but a perfectly normal phenomenon™.

What helped me get back on my feet in this regard was an utter low point in late summer 2001. Was the worst day of my life, and the only time I asked for help. Apart from prescribing me antidepressants (which didn't really do anything) they had me do a blood test. Turns out I was suffering from extreme hypothyroidism. This often coincides with depression and other mental health issues as well. Can't recommend enough having this checked. The meds actually helped a bit, no miracles/fix ofc, but it did restore some much needed balance. I was working at the time too, began brushing my teeth again and showering. At first I'd just shower every four days, then two, and then daily again. Routine and a tad OCD is helpful too in this regard. Now I can't stand going to bed unshowered, no matter how late or tired.

Not showering isn't nice, but carries no consequences. Health issues like one's teeth are a different matter though, and still occasionally chip a tooth due to the damage from then. At the time I was actively pursuing suicide and naturally thought I wouldn't be needing them anymore, but one never knows how things turn out. So, if you can somehow get yourself up to do it, it's probably best.

As for money and work, fuck that. Maybe this sounds like a parasite, but work actually made me want to throw myself under a train just to avoid shifts. No joke. Really tried for years, but ultimately couldn't take the obligations anymore and got fired. Hesitated for years further to apply for benefits, but ultimately needed health insurance and thus did. Now I'm kinda stuck, since dropping the benefits would mean having to pay for health insurance privately, with or without income. It's sick. Tried it a few years ago and it only used up my savings. No. If you feel unfunctional, and you probably do considering where we are, it's perfectly fine to seek help. Many places still allow some form of basic support based on health issues. It's not like we're faking it, therefore you shouldn't make yourself suffer more than needs be. The money was extorted from our families anyway and in most cases none of us got anything in return. They even cancelled my great aunt's blind support when we moved abroad. So, no, fuck em. Nevertheless, I'd still comply and come in for all those pointless meetings on my employment future, but now, after having settled for suicide, I plain refuse to cooperate. Lethargy has all but destroyed me anyway. If they really wanna get one out of the system they should stop intervening and restricting euthanasia. Simple as that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide, Clasrink, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
suicidalgirl96

suicidalgirl96

Oct 10, 2023
Yes, tasks like showering, brushing my teeth, washing my hair etc takes all my energy. Things such as cooking and cleaning, my mum does. I do try to make an effort to clean up any mess I make though. My room is constantly a mess and an obstacle course of things on the floor but since it's my own space I don't feel much guilt to be tidying. I always force myself to do hygiene tasks if I have to leave the house though.

• Hugs
Reactions: foreverfalling, Clasrink, WAITING TO DIE and 2 others
lachrymost

lachrymost

finger on the eject button
Oct 4, 2022
It's so hard. It was hard enough when I actually enjoyed life to some extent. Now because I'm getting jack in return for my investment, every self-maintenance chore is just to prevent things from getting even worse. I find this makes motivation difficult. Before, taking caring of myself was sort of satisfying in its own right.

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide, foreverfalling, Clasrink and 2 others
sannoji

sannoji

dreaming of flying
May 4, 2023
yeah. i suck at it, i've been eating so erratically recently because i was consumed with a sudden fear of the kitchen bc i dont want to bump into my flatmates. and im ashamed that i can never cook proper meals the way they do because im just so fucking tired all the time. i shower and eat on a schedule and if i break it i just cant do it. if i miss lunch i cant have it late i have to wait until dinner. which i then cant cook and usually i have no groceries since i dont have the energy to buy them so i waste money that i dont have on food delivery.

i always wish that my parents were nice so that i can live with them because really i am not cut out for taking care of a whole home and myself all alone. but i would be speeding up my ctb plans significantly if i had to go back to that horrible abuse so all i can do is struggle through. it's terrible not to have anywhere to go back to.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Meditation guide, voyager and WAITING TO DIE
TapeMachine

TapeMachine

perpetually confused
Jan 12, 2023
I struggled with oral care all my life, mostly because nobody ever taught me the importance of caring for my teeth/gums. And my family were poor, so we couldn't afford dental visits.

To top that off, I was bulimic for several years (18 till my late 20s), so my oral hygiene was in shambles.

But a couple years ago, in my late 30s, I was finally able to afford to see a dentist. I had to have something like 8+ fillings over the course of several months.

Ever since then, I take very good care of my mouth. Every now and then, on a particularly bad day, I might abandon all efforts, but it's very rare. Daily, I brush twice, floss at least once, and use mouth wash for dry mouth (caused by meds).

But washing my hair is a totally different story...ha. Fuck, why is it such a huge chore? The entire process of showering, washing, and drying my hair takes 2-3 hours. I can only seem to manage that ONCE a week atm. It's just so much work...and so boring.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager and WAITING TO DIE
Daxter_87

Daxter_87

If my name is crossed out, hopefully I'm dead.
May 28, 2023
Yeah, I'm so fucking sick of this shit. I'd explain in detail, but I don't even have time for that. It's 5.15 in the morning, and I haven't gone to bed yet. I think I'm absolutely right to say that I'm a disabled person. This shit sucks ass, but nobody sees it, nobody understands it. My mother is the one who understands it best, but people in general are just mean. Anyone who dares to judge me without knowing the nightmare I go through, I'd like to subject them to it for a day and see how it goes. They would be begging for a mercy killing.

Life is a big giant pile of bullshit. End of rant/venting. Off to bed.

qu13t5l33p

qu13t5l33p

Jan 21, 2024
I live in my own apartment, but people who specialize in disability help stop by a few times a day. I struggle to keep certain parts of my place clean, but the hardest thing for me is sleep. Maintaining a proper schedule truly is impossible for me unless I'm in a facility. Some daily living things come with practice, like I can cook and properly maintain my hygiene now, but simply doing what you need to do in order to stay alive and healthy is always going to be a tough challenge.

mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
I did for months.
Wasn't leaving the house, eating nothing put wraps. Didn't wash my hair for 7 months. Not one person fucking took a blind bit of difference, even my partner.

deedeme

deedeme

Whatever
Feb 5, 2024
Been there, done that. Although I had to put efforts to not raise suspicions