LetMeDieInPeace

LetMeDieInPeace

May 29, 2020
If you browsed Youtube back in 2007-2011 then you probably heard this song 1000 times. I used to find it annoying because you would hear it on a lot of videos back in the day but now that it's no longer overused and as I grew older, I find the song quite peaceful and nostalgic. I'm glad I got to experience the golden era of Youtube because it's something that will probably never be replicated again. Also, it brings me back to a time where I was young, happy and living life care-free. Sometimes I wish this was all a bad dream and that I can just wake up in 2010 again and watch crappy notepad tutorials with 009 Sound System playing in the background.

Song:

If you don't remember this song then you will definitely remember 009 Sound System - Dreamscape.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, _Minsk and Philosykos
Philosykos

Philosykos

Student
May 30, 2020
Ha, I don't remember either of those two to be honest but I know exactly the feeling you're describing. Sometimes when I hear a song that was popular during my adolescence, which I found annoying at the time, I get very nostalgic. To be honest, my memories tend to be a bit rose coloured though; I know things sucked back then too. Maybe they just sucked a little less and opportunities to get better were still abound. I do recall the early days of Youtube though; I was around when 'Scarlet takes a tumble' went viral. Can't believe that's more than a decade ago already. I'm so much older than I can take.

Reactions: Élégie and _Minsk