• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

quietly_gone

quietly_gone

π’”π’‘π’–π’•π’π’Šπ’Œ π’”π’˜π’†π’†π’•π’‰π’†π’‚π’“π’• πŸͺ
May 9, 2023
I've always dreaded my birthday and it wasn't until a few years ago that I noticed why.

I am often very lonely. Obviously a lot of depressed people can relate to this. It's true that sometimes we feel alienated, isolate ourselves etc, but often people distance themselves from us because "we're difficult to deal with". I'm not blaming them for that. It's just that I deal with so much loneliness all the time, when my birthday comes around there's all this sudden attention and it all feels so fake, like it's being done out of politeness and pity. Where were all these people on the days I just wanted someone to talk to? When I was doing my best to reach out?

When I let myself enjoy the attention and company I'm always let down because on the very next day it's back to loneliness again. No one is excited to make plans with me anymore, no one texts me first or asks about my life. I really hate this feeling. It makes everything from the previous day seem forced.

Then there's my family. They mistreat me all year, enable each other's abuse towards me and suddenly they want to make me a cake and throw a party and I'm a horrible person if I say I don't want that. I've tried suggesting other things instead, such as "let me just order this dish I really like and we can have it together" but to no avail. It has to be the way they want it to be and if it isn't then I'm ungrateful.

I just don't like this lack of sincerity. When they win me over and make the cake and invite whoever they wish over (just other family members who also do not care about me), even if I'm quiet and pretending to enjoy it they manage to call me ungrateful at the end. I'm not ungrateful, it's just that yesterday I was physically and verbally abused and now I'm sitting here eating cake pretending nothing ever happened, as if it won't start again on the next day.

My mom literally threatens me every year with a picture she supposedly has of me looking at a cake she made in a "hateful way". She says that if I don't let her do the party she's going to post it online and talk about how her daughter doesn't appreciate her.

I hope the date goes by unnoticed this year. I guess "I hate my birthday" is not exactly how I feel since I'd love to spend the day on my own terms.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and CTB Dream
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I personally don't hate my birthday but I also just don't care about it

Meowmeownextweek

Meowmeownextweek

Mar 30, 2023
I hate my birthday, several weeks before and after my birthday I start spiraling and become severely depressed. I hate most big dates honestly, and sometimes I end up unintentionally ruining them for others. My birthday only reminds me of how much I wish I hadn't been born.