Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
How is it even possible to do that? People I know say I rarely seem anxious even though I'm anxious all the time.

• Hugs
Reactions: chloramine and waitingforrest
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
I don't know how you're able to do it without consciously being aware of it. Maybe it's a talent you possess? I know I have to pretend to not be anxious all the time, but it can be really hard. It's a "fake it till you make it" type of situation for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Weebster
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
I don't know how you're able to do it without consciously being aware of it. Maybe it's a talent you possess? I know I have to pretend to not be anxious all the time, but it can be really hard. It's a "fake it till you make it" type of situation for me,
My face is almost always emotionless. Also everything I do feels meaningless so in light of that I think my body just moves in a relaxed way sometimes. My mind though is full of tension. There are times where my anxiety is mistaken for determination.

C

chloramine

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2022
I can. I can also fake happiness or other emotions that I feel are "allowed". Personally I think I developed that ability through being more afraid and anxious of people finding out about how I felt. At some point it became more of an automatic switch. It's more difficult for me to genuinely react and show what I feel than it is to pretend, which has its own pitfalls. Maybe you aren't super expressive? Or if you show anxiety in atypical ways then people might see without recognizing. There are many possibilities.

Reactions: Weebster
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
I can. I can also fake happiness or other emotions that I feel are "allowed". Personally I think I developed that ability through being more afraid and anxious of people finding out about how I felt. At some point it became more of an automatic switch. It's more difficult for me to genuinely react and show what I feel than it is to pretend, which has its own pitfalls. Maybe you aren't super expressive? Or if you show anxiety in atypical ways then people might see without recognizing. There are many possibilities.
My anxiety is mostly shown in my ocd compulsions but my face remains neutral during them.

Reactions: chloramine
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
People get im the habit of acting become society punishes you if you dno't- a lot of people think I am happy when I am the farthest thing from it.