Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
goes offline for a while? I don't know what I'd do without this place. It's the only thing keeping me sane in my insanity.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, setomikey, sleepytourist and 6 others
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
Not panic but it does concern me a bit, however after researching SN method i think i've gleaned what i need to from the site.

• Hugs
Reactions: NegativeSymptoms, 262653, Pookie and 1 other person
MiserableBastard1995

MiserableBastard1995

Experienced
Mar 17, 2018
Always a good idea to save any relevant resource threads for offline reading, in case the site ever did vanish.

*Right click "Save Page As..."

Reactions: Swabbie, Passersby and Pookie
lucacaro

lucacaro

Star
Dec 17, 2020
I'm fairly knew so I got kind of spooked. Had no idea if this was something unusual or if it happens sometimes. Didn't even know where to go for information about the site being down. Good thing its back up, I was getting settled in.

Reactions: Ber0, Intotheflames and Pookie
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
I thought I'd been banned :hihi:

Reactions: Noriv159, Ber0, Good4Nothing and 1 other person
Latios

Latios

Experienced
Nov 22, 2020
Yeah, I do. it's the worst... :(

• Hugs
Reactions: x~Sophia~x, Ber0, Good4Nothing and 1 other person
Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
I was a tad panicked. Not as bad as when I first joined a year ago and it was down a full day.

• Hugs
Reactions: x~Sophia~x and Pookie
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Me. This is the only place I feel sane.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pookie and x~Sophia~x
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I recall it happening twice today and my mind irrationally jumped to there being a coordinated attack on their servers by some pro-life group or something, lol.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Pookie and x~Sophia~x
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
It sucks, but you get more used to it the more you see it happen. I just remind myself it'll be back and find something to distract me like gaming or chores.

Reactions: BaconCheeseburger, Pookie and x~Sophia~x
Ber0

Ber0

Quiet
Dec 27, 2020
I thought it was just me, didn't think anyone else noticed it. I figured from the error that it was a backend server problem or that a user limit had been reached by accident. I was worried after that, that it was a DDOS or purposeful attack. But the mods said multiple times that they have backups for if it ever happens. If it helps anyone to know, one of the mods had this to say in one of the | threads | that I read.
"We have contingency plans in the case that something is suspended or taken away from us, such as daily backups, alternative/mirror domains, and alternate providers. If Cloudflare dropped us, we could be back up in a matter of minutes. If our hosting provider dropped us, we could be back up in a matter of hours, and if our domain is suspended, we could switch to an alternative domain in a matter of minutes. We have been planning for the worst for years, and we are confident even if they coordinated all those takedowns at the same time (which is very unlikely), we could be back online within 24 hours. Knowing what I know today compared to 2 years ago, we are in a much better position today than ever before."

• Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Pookie and MiserableBastard1995
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
Did it upset you?
yes, because I'm talking to another member here, who I'm very fond of and I'd hate to not have contact with them before they ctb. :((

• Hugs
Reactions: Pookie
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
I recall it happening twice today and my mind irrationally jumped to there being a coordinated attack on their servers by some pro-life group or something, lol.
That's what I thought too. I thought those pro-life bastards won again. I hate them, they have no say about what we can and cannot do with our bodies/lives. Releasing ourselves from our suffering should be a human right.
I thought it was just me, didn't think anyone else noticed it. I figured from the error that it was a backend server problem or that a user limit had been reached by accident. I was worried after that, that it was a DDOS or purposeful attack. But the mods said multiple times that they have backups for if it ever happens. If it helps anyone to know, one of the mods had this to say in one of the | threads | that I read.
"We have contingency plans in the case that something is suspended or taken away from us, such as daily backups, alternative/mirror domains, and alternate providers. If Cloudflare dropped us, we could be back up in a matter of minutes. If our hosting provider dropped us, we could be back up in a matter of hours, and if our domain is suspended, we could switch to an alternative domain in a matter of minutes. We have been planning for the worst for years, and we are confident even if they coordinated all those takedowns at the same time (which is very unlikely), we could be back online within 24 hours. Knowing what I know today compared to 2 years ago, we are in a much better position today than ever before."
That's great! I feel more at ease now, thank you for the info.
yes, because I'm talking to another member here, who I'm very fond of and I'd hate to not have contact with them before they ctb. :((
Perhaps have another social media account/chat app to get hold of them as a backup just in case this website goes buggy again.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: x~Sophia~x, Wrennie, patheticpartner and 2 others