dandan

dandan

One more attempt on life.
Feb 18, 2019
After several failed attempts with ADHD Ritalin drug.... Here I go again....
This was very good for me in the past, but very addictive and I abused it.

Today I took a slow release Ritalin pill....
I hope I can concentrate better....

at least depression is gone thanks to TRT, but my mind, gosh.. LOL
I need to focus and work effectively.

My best wishes upon thee

• Hugs
Reactions: Illidan77, Cathy Ames and Thanatos
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Years ago it was Dexadrine. It was very helpful for work, but one had to quit on weekends.

Reactions: booplesnoot34
R

Regen

I stay in my power
Aug 20, 2020
I took Elvanse for some time and liked it very much. It was the first drug that helped directly noticeable. And especially with my extreme listlessness. Unfortunately, I had to stop taking it because of my high blood pressure.

I wasn't prescribed Ritalin because it seems to make your mood fluctuate too much when you get on and off and is therefore too dangerous if you have problems with impulse control.

For a short time I took Venlafaxine. It's an antidepressant, but it also sorts out your thoughts. I liked it. But had too severe side effects.

Currently I take Tianeurax. Not for adhd, but an antidepressant that significantly increases drive. I like it. But not quite as fantastic as Elvanse.

Among other things, I have ADD and especially problems with severe listlessness and lack of joy, but also some chaos in my head.

• Hugs
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics and dandan
dandan

dandan

Feb 18, 2019
I took Elvanse for some time and liked it very much. It was the first drug that helped directly noticeable. And especially with my extreme listlessness. Unfortunately, I had to stop taking it because of my high blood pressure.

I wasn't prescribed Ritalin because it seems to make your mood fluctuate too much when you get on and off and is therefore too dangerous if you have problems with impulse control.

For a short time I took Venlafaxine. It's an antidepressant, but it also sorts out your thoughts. I liked it. But had too severe side effects.

Currently I take Tianeurax. Not for adhd, but an antidepressant that significantly increases drive. I like it. But not quite as fantastic as Elvanse.

Among other things, I have ADD and especially problems with severe listlessness and lack of joy, but also some chaos in my head.
Thanks for sharing, so many of us, so many different issues. Chaos in my head has been easy this last two days with methylphenidate, slow release helps a lot with the ups and downs of Ritalin

I fought high blood pressure last couple years with daily running. Thanks for sharing!

• Hugs
Reactions: Cathy Ames and Regen
R

Regen

I stay in my power
Aug 20, 2020
I used to run (jog) a lot. Today I can no longer do that. I live unhealthy and therefore also the high blood pressure. I hate that I don't do sports anymore. But I can't manage it. However, since half a year I have a dog again (my attempt of recovery...) and since then I move at least at all again. Unfortunately, this has not yet had any effect on the high blood pressure.

leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
on focalin, it's been a game changer for my impulsiveness! seems to work better and less side effects than adderall, for me.

• Informative
Reactions: charmsmilepromise, dandan and Regen
T

Thanatos

Outsider
Mar 23, 2018
Any Ritalin(Methylphenidate HCl) derived med made me worse as I would get massive mood dips at night and stomach issues. However Vyvanse (Lisdexamphetamine, closer to Adderall) has been the game changer for me.
Obviously depends on the individual what works best. Good luck, I hope this works for you

Reactions: dandan
charmsmilepromise

charmsmilepromise

Oct 17, 2022
on focalin, it's been a game changer for my impulsiveness! seems to work better and less side effects than adderall, for me.
Thank you for mentioning this -- I hadn't heard of that medicine before and I'll have to ask my psych about it.

• Hugs
Reactions: leeloosnow
leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
Yeah I've had issues my whole life with acting out and substance abuse. That's the things I wanted to address with ADHD meds

Reactions: dandan
Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
Going on month 3 of adderall. Not sure how much is the drug and how much other factors but I've been less likely to goof off working and less "oh shiney!". I do wake up more and that's helped with getting moving since I work nights. I'm back to working out and buckle down more on tasks rather than procrastinate or just not do them.

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, leeloosnow and dandan
dandan

dandan

Feb 18, 2019
Going on month 3 of adderall. Not sure how much is the drug and how much other factors but I've been less likely to goof off working and less "oh shiney!". I do wake up more and that's helped with getting moving since I work nights. I'm back to working out and buckle down more on tasks rather than procrastinate or just not do them.
Awesome! I'm on Ritalin like pill , and I've experienced similar benefits in week 1.
I've experienced them before.

Do you have other non-personal factors? Perhaps a book, theory, article?

I want and will continue this treatment.

Reactions: leeloosnow
Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
I haven't looked into the drug much, just a quick "what does it do". My GP recommended it (he's not a big fan of pushing pills), my psych wasn't so thrilled. I usually bounce between things pretty quickly and absorb a lot all at once (like news which doesn't help my moods). I did get some racing heart with 30mg so on 20mg now. So while I do have a lot of things going on in my head I'm able to just grab one and follow it though vs popping through 4-5 different things at once. This in turn has helped to do things through the end and not have other thoughts, usually detrimental to what I'm doing at the time, not jump in. So far, it's been beneficial; probably the "best" pill treatment I've had for adhd, SI, depression, etc.

Reactions: leeloosnow and Regen
goodnighttime

goodnighttime

Nov 18, 2022
I am prescribed adderall and it definitely makes a difference. 15mg twice a day. I've been taking it for many years. Keeps my head clear and I've managed to not abuse it somehow, I guess addiction scares me. I hope it's going well for you this time around. If you need to talk let me know

Reactions: leeloosnow and Regen
Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
I was reading up on adderall and effects wearing off and such so I'll have some talking points with the doc next month. One thing I should be doing, and working on, is cutting way back on my caffine intake (in the form of coffee). I've read some articles that describe the effects I'm experiencing (clarity, focus, increased heart rate at certain dosages, etc) but the one I came across was a tolerance building up but I also found some articles that describe going off it for a few months and getting "reset" to the normal dosage again, one of the topics coming up.

StrangePossum

StrangePossum

Dec 22, 2021
I just got diagnosed with ADHD and my psychiatrist is having me try Vyvanse. I've only been on it for a couple days at a low dose but so far it has been easier to do work and I've felt less scatterbrained in general. I hope it keeps working for me. The antidepressants I tried before this didn't seem to do much, but now I'm hopeful that things might finally get a bit better.

Reactions: Grav
booplesnoot34

booplesnoot34

I’ll miss the winter, a world of fragile things
Feb 8, 2023
Vyvanse 60mg. It's for my ADHD, binge eating disorder, and to keep me awake enough to work.