HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

Warlock
Sep 28, 2022
Ive noticed this online and in person.

Discord and other chat group sites.

In a private chat a person is chilled and genuine, in groups people act like assholes and monkeys swinging their dicks .

I even noticed this in person where i spend time with someone and they are cool but as soon as someone else joins or more they totally become different and an ahole.

Makes me happy to be a loner hermit type.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Forever Sleep, MeltingBrain, MulherSatanás and 14 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Yes, the social dynamics change completely in a group setting. People are trying to fit in, be 'cool' or subconsciously establish some sort of dominance hierarchy.

Reactions: Forever Sleep, MeltingBrain, Suicidе and 6 others
HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

Warlock
Sep 28, 2022
Yes, the social dynamics change completely in a group setting. People are trying to fit in, be 'cool' or subconsciously establish some sort of dominance hierarchy.
Exactly! its all a competition for social status , fucking fake shit humans.

• Aww..
Reactions: Suicidе, whatevs and Pluto
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
the same thing that helps me in groups, is what i also find difficult to be in them. i find theres certainly different dynamic but i find its mostly because theres more people to play off of, more people to keep the mood going vs "hehe yeah"

foreverfalling

foreverfalling

Experienced
Jul 22, 2022
I hate groups for all the above reasons.

Reactions: Suicidе, Source Energy, whatevs and 2 others
Unhirable

Unhirable

Proud member of the FBI and CIA.
Sep 14, 2022
This only means you are weak (for lack of better term).

The weakest link in every group, so they bully you for it to keep the group strong.

Just how it goes.

• Hmph!
Reactions: Source Energy
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Well if you're strong you give it right back. When you do it effectively, they eventually look for easier prey. If your sensitive they can be relentless in your torment.

freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
You can be strong and sensitive at the same time, they aren't mutually exclusive. I've been hurt by bullies but I've also fought back, the latter nearly killed me. Where possible it's better to walk away from the slavering mob as you are simply outnumbered.

Can you believe I was 'mobbed' on none other than Suicide Methods Hideout, the Google group when I first arrived? Because I asked something about a name that was going around, who turned out to be a known scammer (how was I to know?) I was attacked by multiple people accusing me of being a 'shill' for this guy (a completely new word, and concept, for me at the time). They liked to throw around the insult 'sock puppet' too. It was insane! After that I know what humans really are…

After a while I was accepted as genuine but yeah for real people are worse en masse than one on one. I prefer to be a loner too than engage in that kind of thing.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking
HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

Warlock
Sep 28, 2022
This only means you are weak (for lack of better term).

The weakest link in every group, so they bully you for it to keep the group strong.

Just how it goes.
i dont want to have to be strong and put up a front just to enjoy humans so fuck humans and fuck u . Victim blaming pos just another one of them " oh well he asked for it!"
You can be strong and sensitive at the same time, they aren't mutually exclusive. I've been hurt by bullies but I've also fought back, the latter nearly killed me. Where possible it's better to walk away from the slavering mob as you are simply outnumbered.

Can you believe I was 'mobbed' on none other than Suicide Methods Hideout, the Google group when I first arrived? Because I asked something about a name that was going around, who turned out to be a known scammer (how was I to know?) I was attacked by multiple people accusing me of being a 'shill' for this guy (a completely new word, and concept, for me at the time). They liked to throw around the insult 'sock puppet' too. It was insane! After that I know what humans really are…

After a while I was accepted as genuine but yeah for real people are worse en masse than one on one. I prefer to be a loner too than engage in that kind of thing.
this was my point of this post, i dont know why people are telling me to be strong, its just a psychological observation on the disgusting tribal traits of humans.

Reactions: Source Energy, foreverfalling, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Whether you're 5 or you're 50, it's like you're never going to go away from 'playground' dynamics.

Reactions: Source Energy, lofticries, Un- and 4 others
HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

Warlock
Sep 28, 2022
Whether you're 5 or you're 50, it's like you're never going to go away from 'playground' dynamics.
100% , this is why i isolate myself and just game and read and stuff.

Reactions: Un-, quiet.rabbit and WhatPowerIs
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
100% , this is why i isolate myself and just game and read and stuff.
I'm going to try to learn how to enjoy my own company. Life is going to be a lot harder if I can't even be a friend to myself, but it's a difficult process. I do like solo activities though, like gaming and reading.

Reactions: Un- and quiet.rabbit
Unhirable

Unhirable

Proud member of the FBI and CIA.
Sep 14, 2022
i dont want to have to be strong and put up a front just to enjoy humans so fuck humans and fuck u . Victim blaming pos just another one of them " oh well he asked for it!"
Not what i said or implied at all. You need to relax.

HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

Warlock
Sep 28, 2022
I'm going to try to learn how to enjoy my own company. Life is going to be a lot harder if I can't even be a friend to myself, but it's a difficult process. I do like solo activities though, like gaming and reading.
yeah its great, also i got a WFH job so the only time i see people is when i go to buy food or grocerys. I have online gaming buddies and no loneliness.
Not what i said or implied at all. You need to relax.
ok i apologize.

Reactions: WhatPowerIs and Venus13
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
yeah its great, also i got a WFH job so the only time i see people is when i go to buy food or grocerys. I have online gaming buddies and no loneliness.
Sounds relaxing. You don't miss IRL interactions and stuff like that at all? I would certainly prefer doing online school than in-person schooling but I know people have a variety of opinions regarding that, like they didn't focus as well when they were doing it at home, etc.

HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

Warlock
Sep 28, 2022
Sounds relaxing. You don't miss IRL interactions and stuff like that at all? I would certainly prefer doing online school than in-person schooling but I know people have a variety of opinions regarding that, like they didn't focus as well when they were doing it at home, etc.
nope! I see my parents but thats it.

Reactions: WhatPowerIs
A

akirat9

エクトリアン
Sep 23, 2022
i dont know why people are telling me to be strong, its just a psychological observation on the disgusting tribal traits of humans.
is not my trait is all different no same . is this grouping there ?

theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
People tend to be different when they are in a group.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist and HermitLonerGuy
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
This has gotten better for me as I have gotten older. It always seems like I become the leader of the disaffected/outcasts either way though.

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
From my own personal experiences: Yes. I agree with what you have said.

What makes matters worse is when these same cliques take offense when a lone person refuses to interact with them due to harassment, or bullying that they have received from the said clique.

But why do they behave this way?
  • Perhaps it is because collectivism overrides the independent thinking of each group member, so they no longer have the self-awareness to realize the errors of their (abusive) behavior.
  • Maybe they are perfectly aware of how they are acting, and do so out of some warped, self-righteous need to punish those who are perceived as being abnormal; think of the witch purges from the past.
  • Lastly this behavior could arise from people who simply enjoy hurting others, and do not even try to justify their abusive behavior - not that there is a justification.
Regardless of the reasons why, it cannot be denied that human beings in groups can sometimes be very cancerous.

Reactions: Celerity
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
This is why one best friend would be plenty for me. I don't need a gaggle of women/men to do clit/dick measuring contests everyday.

I would just like someone to share interests and the occasional intimate conversation.

• Love
Reactions: foreverfalling, ColorlessTrees and Angst Filled Fuck Up
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
This is why one best friend would be plenty for me. I don't need a gaggle of women/men to do clit/dick measuring contests everyday.
You're only saying that because you know I'd beat you.

• Yay!
Reactions: newave3 and lofticries
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I've always noticed this to my dismay and horror. We're predators, and I've done the exact same thing in some rare instances where someone was socially lesser than me and we were in a group.

I've changed now though. Perhaps I'm just depressed and lifeless, who knows, but I am more sensitive to those that are afflicted. In fact, these are my people. I feel better among the crippled, the scared, the downtrodden.

One thing that works is to corral normies into 1 on 1 conversations, you'll see how they aren't as forthcoming with their bullshit then. They often will be even 'good company', as you noted.

Truly an indictment to our species and all life, how the weak are always fodder and social animals are complacent with humiliating/dominating others in public.

Reactions: foreverfalling and Celerity
R

rainseahorse

Sep 9, 2023
tribal behavior is pretty common in many animals like lions, wolves, chimpanzees, ants. we just have advanced enough brains to feel disgusted by it because we're supposed to be civilized and stuff.

Reactions: Celerity
passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
Definitely noticed this the most on discord sites. I always think joining a new server will be nice until I have a whole panic attack because I have to seamlessly penetrate an established social group.

HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

Warlock
Sep 28, 2022
Definitely noticed this the most on discord sites. I always think joining a new server will be nice until I have a whole panic attack because I have to seamlessly penetrate an established social group.
yeah thats why im rarely active on even this sites server despite it being the only server im in, i prefer chatting in the sasu chat. all a buncha cunts tbh .
tribal behavior is pretty common in many animals like lions, wolves, chimpanzees, ants. we just have advanced enough brains to feel disgusted by it because we're supposed to be civilized and stuff.
humans are animals yes good point, always need to bear this in mind but people like to think we are any different. fuck all life.

MulherSatanás

MulherSatanás

Born Ugly
Sep 10, 2023
Ive noticed this online and in person.

Discord and other chat group sites.

In a private chat a person is chilled and genuine, in groups people act like assholes and monkeys swinging their dicks .

I even noticed this in person where i spend time with someone and they are cool but as soon as someone else joins or more they totally become different and an ahole.

Makes me happy to be a loner hermit type.
I feel exactly like this. A friend of mine is super nice to me when we're alone... but when our other friends are together, he's a real asshole.

HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

Warlock
Sep 28, 2022
I feel exactly like this. A friend of mine is super nice to me when we're alone... but when our other friends are together, he's a real asshole.
they just trying to show off for the other homo sapiens approval . its just all monkeys trying to gain status in the group hierachy.

Reactions: MulherSatanás