Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Easter, Christmas, saints days, all the regional stuff and so on. Maybe it's because I'm a solo non-western expatriate, but I could never get into the local rituals of this. Whenever a public holiday of any kind rolls around I just see it as an opportunity to rest and do nothing. Totally out of tune with the "festive spirit".

• Love
Reactions: mediocre, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Skathon and 5 others
B

Bigpink

Warlock
Oct 12, 2020
Just normal days for me, they mean nothing

Reactions: mediocre, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Skathon and 1 other person
Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
I like to eat the typical dishes of each holiday but I don't celebrate any of them. I wish I could celebrate halloween someday tho.

Reactions: killedbypsychiatry
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Depends on the holiday though the most I do for any holiday these days is maybe hang out with friends/family (which I barely did at all last year for obvious reasons).

I guess the only other holiday celebration I do is watch specials or participate in holiday themed events for whatever games I'm playing.

Besides that, it really is the same for me. Just staying at home and relaxing which is pretty much all I do now anyway.

Reactions: mediocre, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Lmd
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Fortunately, I don't have to celebrate any holidays except for Christmas and New Year's Eve.
My parents get really annoying and force me to visit them on those days lol.
Last Christmas was terrible.

• Aww..
Reactions: mediocre, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Dr Iron Arc
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
No I hardly celebrate many holidays. I have never really saw the point in them; they come across (personally) as events that people join in on just for the sake of participation, and because that is what the culture that they were raised in dictates.

Reactions: Bigpink and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
IWTD

IWTD

Who knows.
Jun 24, 2020
Easter, Christmas, saints days, all the regional stuff and so on. Maybe it's because I'm a solo non-western expatriate, but I could never get into the local rituals of this. Whenever a public holiday of any kind rolls around I just see it as an opportunity to rest and do nothing. Totally out of tune with the "festive spirit".
I'm thinking about celebrating by sitting at the bus stop

Reactions: Bigpink
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I try to avoid celebrating holidays but a couple of them are important to my old parents.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Dr Iron Arc and IWTD
A Desperate Fool

A Desperate Fool

at the End of His Pitiful Rope
Jan 23, 2021
My wife invited me to celebrate Christmas with her family before asking me to leave and ghosting me for months and then serving me divorce papers. I used to like Christmas, but I do not intend on celebrating anything again. Ever.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, NumbItAll and Bigpink
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I like to eat the typical dishes of each holiday but I don't celebrate any of them. I wish I could celebrate halloween someday tho.
So witchcraft was indeed the answer all along?

D4a87f7926e821ee7347f38f8a3f50dd
My wife invited me to celebrate Christmas with her family before asking me to leave and ghosting me for months and then serving me divorce papers. I used to like Christmas, but I do not intend on celebrating anything again. Ever.
Savage. Did she ask you to leave because of an argument or was she setting you up for this from the start?

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Lmd
Lucien

Lucien

A Nameless Monster
Mar 7, 2021
Once watched a documentary which mentioned Samhain (origin of Halloween). Druids may have used the occasion for human sacrifice. Supposedly their victims were Celtic nobility, based on preserved corpses recovered from bogs. My guess for their reasoning is noble blood = more divine grace points?

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Lmd and Makko
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Once watched a documentary which mentioned Samhain (origin of Halloween). Druids may have used the occasion for human sacrifice. Supposedly their victims were Celtic nobility, based on preserved corpses recovered from bogs. My guess for their reasoning is noble blood = more divine grace points?
Now we're talking business. How do I join this celebration? I know some noble types that I could get us... in contact with.

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Mentalmick and Lmd
A Desperate Fool

A Desperate Fool

Jan 23, 2021
Savage. Did she ask you to leave because of an argument or was she setting you up for this from the start?

Savage is right. No argument. I had fun with her siblings and felt a connection with her dad (I lost my own dad last year). We played board games and pool. She always insisted on us being on the same team because "the [last name redacted]s come as a package!" We woke up from a nap together and she told me to leave.

• Aww..
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Savage is right. No argument. I had fun with her siblings and felt a connection with her dad (I lost my own dad last year). We played board games and pool. She always insisted on us being on the same team because "the [last name redacted]s come as a package!" We woke up from a nap together and she told me to leave.
Now not only savage but also bizarre. If this is all you know, there's a lot to this she's not telling you.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and A Desperate Fool
A Desperate Fool

A Desperate Fool

Jan 23, 2021
Now not only savage but also bizarre. If this is all you know, there's a lot to this she's not telling you.

She's a serial cheater. (It runs in her family.) I'm certain that's what's going on. She was sometimes mentally abusive and gaslighted me and threatened me with knives during arguments and told me she was glad that my dad passed. But 95% of the time she was sweet and supportive and wrote me cute love notes and made me laugh and told me I had a nice butt. I don't know. It's all been very confusing. I have trust issues and PTSD now that I don't want to bring into a new relationship. I'm ruined. And tortured by constant reminders of her.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Lmd and NumbItAll
Lucien

Lucien

A Nameless Monster
Mar 7, 2021
Now we're talking business. How do I join this celebration? I know some noble types that I could get us... in contact with.
I have a self-proclaimed sorcerer friend who just randomly pops into my life every month or so. He told me I should never get involved with Druidic deities. This was before we even had the chance to start drinking.. Apparently these deities are strong in the ways of fulfilling specific requests but the price is steep. Leave your soul at the door kind of business. Then again I've also heard similar things about Roman gods' cults that are still around.

The island of Albion is the place to go for magick overall. 20th century England had one oddly active occult life. For druids, I guess I'd start looking in Ireland? It's been some centuries after the Romans genocided most of the druid caste. If I recall correctly what little knowledge remains of druids is from Roman sources ironically enough.

I am ready to raid the Knights Templar library with you to search for clues. This is a joke. Don't crucify me upside down cultist fellows. Not yet.

• Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Lmd and Makko
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I'm one step away from getting into it. I'm a bit sad that current witchcraft is more of being an idiot instead of dark rituals and nasty stuff.
I know the nasty stuff is out there somewhere and I'm still looking for it. I'll let you know if I find it. There'll be much to celebrate.

• Love
Reactions: Lmd and Lucien
Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
I know the nasty stuff is out there somewhere and I'm still looking for it. I'll let you know if I find it. There'll be much to celebrate.
I know people who do rituals but I don't think they follow anything specific. It seems that one day they said "let's slaughter this chicken" and they just did it, so I'm counting on you.

Reactions: Makko
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
There is only one witch:

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and GenesAndEnvironment
Lucien

Lucien

A Nameless Monster
Mar 7, 2021
I know people who do rituals but I don't think they follow anything specific. It seems that one day they said "let's slaughter this chicken" and they just did it, so I'm counting on you.
"Key of Solomon" has 'information' on summoning demons. It was probably written around the 14th century and seems to be very popular still. I doubt it's considered 'witchcraft' unless used as a synonym for 'heresy'.

Witchcraft practices or beliefs of yore seem like a nightmare to track down or define exactly.

I don't think getting into occult circles is great for anyone without nerves of steel.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I am unable to celebrate anything. :mmm:

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Skathon, Mentalmick, Makko and 1 other person
Bergamot

Bergamot

Sorry babe i love you..
Jan 25, 2021
My GF ruin my all holidays, like today

• Aww..
Reactions: A Desperate Fool and GenesAndEnvironment
Bergamot

Bergamot

Sorry babe i love you..
Jan 25, 2021
I'm sorry to hear that, do you want to talk about it?
She say love me but don't has time for me , no calls , poor messages,she always talk cold with me, but she say "not broke me , not break up with me" , she hurt me lot of months but I immensely love her, idk what do..I'm in a labyrinth..without any way out

• Aww..
Reactions: A Desperate Fool
K

KolK

Nov 29, 2020
She say love me but don't has time for me , no calls , poor messages,she always talk cold with me, but she say "not broke me , not break up with me" , she hurt me lot of months but I immensely love her, idk what do..I'm in a labyrinth..without any way out
I'm sorry pal, but we all make time for the people/things we love. I don't think she really cares..sorry to say this.

Bergamot

Bergamot

Sorry babe i love you..
Jan 25, 2021
I'm sorry pal, but we all make time for the people/things we love. I don't think she really cares..sorry to say this.
Yes I know she don't really cares about me..but I did everything for her...she's hurt me very deeply and very badly I forgive her everything, but she continue to do same things...
She's 1 of why i want CTB

• Aww..
Reactions: A Desperate Fool