Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
I'm in my room on my phone 24/7. It makes me restless but I have nothing else to do but drive around and visit places like Target. It's a shit existence devoid of meaningful connection.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: 262653, Flump, Wrennie and 10 others
J

justsad&done

Visionary
Nov 11, 2020
That's sad...I'm sorry. Is it because of Covid? Or just the way life always is for you?
I have people around me all the time, but yet I still feel lonely.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
What about going outside on walks? Clears my head every time.

But other then that (and work) I'm also in my room 24/7.
Luckily it's only been that way for a few years so that I can look back on better times (had a circle of friends once).

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
That's sad...I'm sorry. Is it because of Covid? Or just the way life always is for you?
I have people around me all the time, but yet I still feel lonely.
My life has sadly only improved because of Covid but that's only because of the stimulus checks.
What about going outside on walks? Clears my head every time.

But other then that (and work) I'm also in my room 24/7.
Luckily it's only been that way for a few years so that I can look back on better times (had a circle of friends once).
It's not a good area to walk in. Not due to crime. Work would get one out of the house so being inside the rest of the time wouldn't suck.

• Hugs
Reactions: justsad&done
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
The girl I was talking to a few months ago compared my life to a lonely zoo animal like a lion or something and she's right. All of my basic needs are met like food, water, and shelter but higher needs such as love and self actualization cannot be met because I'm trapped living in a house with my family for many reasons. I'm almost 27 and am nowhere near being able to afford my own living space much less live independently. I'm sure if I had the money and the freedom from family responsibilities I might be able to become more independent since I had some experience from when I was in college dorms for a couple years but I don't see that happening anytime soon...

• Hugs
Reactions: Barracuda91, Wrennie, StateOfMind and 3 others
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
The girl I was talking to a few months ago compared my life to a lonely zoo animal like a lion or something and she's right. All of my basic needs are met like food, water, and shelter but higher needs such as love and self actualization cannot be met because I'm trapped living in a house with my family for many reasons. I'm almost 27 and am nowhere near being able to afford my own living space much less live independently. I'm sure if I had the money and the freedom from family responsibilities I might be able to become more independent since I had some experience from when I was in college dorms for a couple years but I don't see that happening anytime soon...
I was just thinking that today. I'm like a restless animal.

• Hugs
Reactions: MrBlue, Deleted member 22624 and Dr Iron Arc
Nodscene

Nodscene

Its time
Jun 7, 2019
I can understand and commiserate with your situation.

Due to my health I've been bedridden for years now. I can go out for a little while but if I push things then I end up in more pain.

Just spending 3hrs at my sister's for Christmas left me waking up in the middle of the night with severe, painful muscle spasms.

I truly hope that your future gets better. It's no way to live.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie, Good4Nothing, Aloha and 2 others
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I can relate, but I don't personally mind this live style. I like being at home because I have anxiety and get panic attack. My room is my safe place and I feel comfortable here. I hate having to go out. And I also don't like meeting new ppl:)

Reactions: Lost Magic, Wrennie, Deleted member 22624 and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I was just thinking that today. I'm like a restless animal.
All we can do is wait for the zookeepers to bring us our mates, am I right? :ahhha:

• Love
Reactions: 262653, Wrennie, Deleted member 22624 and 1 other person
restforeternity

restforeternity

Student
Feb 17, 2019
It seems like living in itself is a prison to me.

Reactions: Barracuda91, 262653, Wrennie and 5 others
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
i sometimes see my body as a prison.
but also lived a long time in self chosen isolation, had no real social life, leaving my apartment only for getting some food.

Reactions: Barracuda91, Wrennie, TooMuchToBear and 2 others
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
Consciousness is the result of our souls being imprisoned in these minds and bodies

Reactions: Wrennie, restforeternity, Passersby and 1 other person
GoPeaceful

GoPeaceful

Message me if you need someone to talk to :)
May 14, 2018
Same. It's the main problem in my life and I don't seem to get it fixed, as I don't have any friends nor have I any ideas about what to do beside being on my phone 24/7.

Reactions: Barracuda91 and MrBlue
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
pretty much, I barely go anywhere or do anything

• Love
Reactions: Skathon and GoPeaceful
Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
Yes Kramer I can relate to this. I am imprisoned in my body. Constant pain and suffering is my existence. Limitations and struggle to do basic things and fill time . Being trapped in this existence sucks. :aw::angry:

• Aww..
Reactions: Skathon and Deleted member 22624
E

enter.the.void

Jul 14, 2020
same... i cant stand all those muzzle-wearing sheeple anymore - the outside has become so dystopian. With the current lockdown there is no reason anyway to go somewhere - almost everything is closed, except groceries stores - but I've been ordering my groceries online anyways since the beginning of the mandatory mask wearing. I also had to take an indefinite break from work because of this, so i'm stuck at home too 24/7. Fuck the system and this fucked up society full of brainless and docile sheeps - cant wait to ctb when my time has come. I feel so lonely and out of place in this sick world.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 22624
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
The only time I'm not in my room on my computer is when I go to the cigarette machine, go shopping for booze or go trainspotting to finally end this miserable existence.

• Hugs
HungryGhost

HungryGhost

Jul 6, 2020
Yes, i live in a care facility completely bedridden and not been able to leave dark room for the last 2 years (cant tolerate any light bc migraines and sensory overload) The room even looks like a prison cell since i am unable to decorate it and in torturous pain all the time

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: Passersby and Deleted member 22624
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
Yes, i live in a care facility completely bedridden and not been able to leave dark room for the last 2 years (cant tolerate any light bc migraines and sensory overload) The room even looks like a prison cell since i am unable to decorate it and in torturous pain all the time
Sorry, that's so sad. Nothing working on your pain enough?

Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I'm essentially living an existence more devoid of human connection than an inmate in solitary confinement. But I kind of prefer things that way tbh.

• Hugs
Reactions: Bigpink and Deleted member 22624
HungryGhost

HungryGhost

Jul 6, 2020
Sorry, that's so sad. Nothing working on your pain enough?
I cant take painkillers because i get horrible side effects from drugs. Tens machine helps slightly for stomach/back pain but only takes the worst edge off

Last edited:
  • Hugs

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I've seen caged animals performing repetitive movements, like walking back and forth, "dancing", etc.. I read that it can be a sign of a distressed animal. Occasionally I am too pacing through my apartment. Some said that I should walk outside more often, but it feels just the same wherever I go. I feel like the prison is my body, not the room. The thought experiment that I enjoy conducting on a regular basis seem to speak in favor of my hypothesis. I imagine myself as having superpowers. Like being able to jump higher than the highest building in the immediate vicinity and land without a single scar, or bathing in lava, withstanding the temperatures that would reduce to cinder any other human being... Suddenly I don't feel imprisoned anymore.