• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Darrenloses

Darrenloses

Student
Nov 27, 2018
I can't participate in intelligent discussions, I know nothing about politics, I can't hold a conversation with a person in real life.

I haven't posted on here in a while, the last time I posted I spoke about how I had a shit job and recently applied for a telecommunications job. Well low and behold I got said job nearly 2 weeks ago, myself and 3 new starts are being taught in a classroom type thing before we get thrown into the deepend.

Unfortunately I'm lagging behind the other new starts...reminds me of my horrific time in high school. The teacher asks questions and everyone but me throws answers at him, I stay mute because I don't know the answers. It's demoralising. I want this job, and the teacher has my full attention during class, but stupid can only learn so much. I legit am dumb as a doorknob.

We have a test on Friday, you need at least 85% to pass. 3 of the 4 of us will pass.

I need to source SN soon, to rid me of this self defeating attitude.

Last edited:
Reactions: Random, Weeping Garbage Can, Psilo and 10 others
Memento Mori

Memento Mori

shambling garbage
Jan 24, 2019
yeah I'm not in trendy stuff or politics or mechanics or anything useful for life and I forgot so much stuff. smoked all dem brain cells away lol

try to prepare some dialogue, you have the whole night for it :D
if u want to improve grades then give him some answers, no matter if they're wrong at least u said something, he should already know if ur "dumb" or not. try to utilize your brain in free time, with some apps or anything else, there are ways for sure. I'm just too lazy to look out on my own

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deleted member 4993, Wolfjob_dayjob and 5 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I think you are not as stupid as you think @Darrenloses
The only think wrong with you is you are lacking in self-confidence. You are like the Scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz, all you need is a certificate to say you are smart and you will believe it.

Politics and current events are available for anyone to read about and form an opinion on - we are lucky that we have the internet. You can use a search engine to look up the "history of the Labour Party" tonight and give us a little paragraph tomorrow :-)

High school is over. Never again will you have to feel like you are stupid, inadequate and not good enough. YOU ARE. Your post was perfectly written, articulate and tidy so it gets a 10/10

So what do you need to swot up on for the test And we will help you?

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deleted member 4993, Wolfjob_dayjob and 6 others
Darrenloses

Darrenloses

Student
Nov 27, 2018
It's 2 weeks of learning commands and remembering abbreviations, what their purpose is and what each piece of software is used for. My memory is shocking, I forget so much even if I read over it numerous times. Friday is the last day where we sit the test and see what we've learned these past 2 weeks.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deleted member 4993, Wolfjob_dayjob and 1 other person
brighter

brighter

Warlock
Jan 22, 2019
I think you are not as stupid as you think @Darrenloses
The only think wrong with you is you are lacking in self-confidence. You are like the Scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz, all you need is a certificate to say you are smart and you will believe it.

Politics and current events are available for anyone to read about and form an opinion on - we are lucky that we have the internet. You can use a search engine to look up the "history of the Labour Party" tonight and give us a little paragraph tomorrow :-)

High school is over. Never again will you have to feel like you are stupid, inadequate and not good enough. YOU ARE. Your post was perfectly written, articulate and tidy so it gets a 10/10

So what do you need to swot up on for the test And we will help you?

Now why can't the world just be full of @JustAboutDone's? ❤️

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deleted member 4993, Wolfjob_dayjob and 4 others
C

Cookiedough8956

Wowzers
Feb 24, 2019
Most definitely me

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Wolfjob_dayjob and Darrenloses
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
One
It's 2 weeks of learning commands and remembering abbreviations, what their purpose is and what each piece of software is used for. My memory is shocking, I forget so much even if I read over it numerous times. Friday is the last day where we sit the test and see what we've learned these past 2 weeks.

Ok, that's not cos you're stupid it's because different people learn and remember in different ways. At school we are only taught one way - which pretty much writes off lots of people who are intelligent and that is gutting.

It's not your memory, it's how to find a way to fix it into your memory that works for you. Reading over things only works for people with a particular type of memory call them A

You might remember better if you use a different technique, for example turn the abbreviations into a word that means something to you and draw a silly picture next to it. Make yourself a set of flash cards - one for each. You have time. It's only Tuesday.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deleted member 4993, Final Escape and 4 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deleted member 4993, Final Escape and 3 others
brighter

brighter

Warlock
Jan 22, 2019
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deleted member 4993, Final Escape and 2 others
Darrenloses

Darrenloses

Student
Nov 27, 2018
One

Ok, that's not cos you're stupid it's because different people learn and remember in different ways. At school we are only taught one way - which pretty much writes off lots of people who are intelligent and that is gutting.

It's not your memory, it's how to find a way to fix it into your memory that works for you. Reading over things only works for people with a particular type of memory call them A

You might remember better if you use a different technique, for example turn the abbreviations into a word that means something to you and draw a silly picture next to it. Make yourself a set of flash cards - one for each. You have time. It's only Tuesday.

that abbreviation technique is actually sound advice thank you. . gonna try that. . I legit shed a tear right now, haven't done in a couple years at least, random piece of info lol.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deleted member 4993, Wolfjob_dayjob and 2 others
Chlo

Chlo

Experienced
Feb 17, 2019
Hey, first of all - congratulations on the new job! I understand where you're coming from, my memory is shit and I have trouble comprehending and focusing on new topics at times, but I know I'm not dumb, and I'm almost positive you're not either based off of what you've written. Everything everyone else has said is sound advice, try not to be so hard on yourself. I'm assuming you're depressed to a degree as you're on this forum, and that can do a lot to a person's cognitive abilities. Doesn't mean you're stupid.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deleted member 4993, Exile and 5 others
Darrenloses

Darrenloses

Student
Nov 27, 2018
Hey, first of all - congratulations on the new job! I understand where you're coming from, my memory is shit and I have trouble comprehending and focusing on new topics at times, but I know I'm not dumb, and I'm almost positive you're not either based off of what you've written. Everything everyone else has said is sound advice, try not to be so hard on yourself. I'm assuming you're depressed to a degree as you're on this forum, and that can do a lot to a person's cognitive abilities. Doesn't mean you're stupid.

Thank you. Yes, depressed, and I've been developing a tick lately where if I think of something traumatising I'll do or yell something sporadic to block out that thought. It's like tourettes or something, I only do it if I'm on my own though. I've never been to the doctor for it.. random info to add again XD

Tomorrow is a new day, I'll try that abbreviation method above and see if it helps.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deleted member 4993, Wolfjob_dayjob and 1 other person
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
that abbreviation technique is actually sound advice thank you. . gonna try that. . I legit shed a tear right now, haven't done in a couple years at least, random piece of info lol.

I helped a revision class for exams a few years back and had to come up with different ways to help people remember things :-)

It taught me a lot doing it as I have memory of goldfish and realised my way to remember things was try and put it to a song!!

We all learn differently!! We should be taught our own way in schools. Have a quick look on Internet for other tips but flash cards, highlighters, singing - it's all about what works for YOU

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deleted member 4993, Wolfjob_dayjob and 2 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I'm not sure. I generally don't partake in cerebral discussion, as I was never interested in the associated subject material and I don't care to appear smart. I was certainly sharper and more on the ball when I was younger, but years of severe depression and brain fog have reduced me to a shell of my former self. My thirst for knowledge pretty much disappeared after I dropped out of university 13 years ago. I am articulate though, and quite well-developed emotionally. I try to connect on that level with people where possible as I'm not one for shallow conversation.

By the same token, I've completely screwed up my life by way of bad decisions and caving to poor mental health every step of the way. I suppose I would say I can be smart in theory, but walking the walk has been a different story.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deleted member 4993, Wolfjob_dayjob and 7 others
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Some people just learn in different ways. When I was in school and the teacher would get up in front of the class and talk, no matter how hard I tried to pay attention, my eyes would just glaze over and I would absorb nothing.

@JustAboutDone has good advice. Flash cards helped me and writing stuff down over and over also helped cement things into my brain more than just reading them over and over.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deleted member 4993, Exile and 2 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Me Me Me …. Dumb as a rock. :'(

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deleted member 4993 and Wolfjob_dayjob
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
yeah I'm not in trendy stuff or politics or mechanics or anything useful for life and I forgot so much stuff. smoked all dem brain cells away lol

try to prepare some dialogue, you have the whole night for it :D
if u want to improve grades then give him some answers, no matter if they're wrong at least u said something, he should already know if ur "dumb" or not. try to utilize your brain in free time, with some apps or anything else, there are ways for sure. I'm just too lazy to look out on my own

I didn't smoke all my brain cells away. I can't afford too. ;-;

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deleted member 4993 and Wolfjob_dayjob
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
I worry I'm not nearly as smart as I used to be, even just two years ago.

I think depression affects cognitive capacity. I drift on the surface, lacking the interest and energy to reflect. This can and has led to sloppy judgment, with effects that make me even more depressed.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deleted member 4993, Exile and 3 others
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
I'm the dumbest person socially I've ever met. I'm history's worst judge of character. How dumb do you have to be to give away a quarter of a million dollars to a sadist? Answer to OP question = yes.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Wolfjob_dayjob and Chlo
Xaphous

Xaphous

hikikomori
Nov 11, 2018
I am more just numb to the point of seeming dumb. So numb it looks dumb.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Wolfjob_dayjob and Whatshername
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I'm the dumbest person socially I've ever met. I'm history's worst judge of character. How dumb do you have to be to give away a quarter of a million dollars to a sadist? Answer to OP question = yes.

I know it's small and poor consolation but other people can make far worse errors of judgement - living with violent people and the violence never stopping. The flaw wasn't you trusting someone it was them ripping you off and the law failing to protect you.

Memento Mori

Memento Mori

shambling garbage
Jan 24, 2019
I worry I'm not nearly as smart as I used to be, even just two years ago.

I think depression affects cognitive capacity. I drift on the surface, lacking the interest and energy to reflect. This can and has led to sloppy judgment, with effects that make me even more depressed.

neuroleptics are the worst
zombiedrug lol

dumbness = permanent dumbness
numbness = temporary dumbness

I didn't smoke all my brain cells away. I can't afford too. ;-;

I couldn't afford to but I did :P my short term memory is gone, such things in combination with numbness and carelessness make you not a good friend :/ maybe it's best to just lock up in some room and medicate oneself for ppl like me lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, xb243, Deleted member 4993 and 3 others
Darrenloses

Darrenloses

Student
Nov 27, 2018
I had a better day today. I performed better for one, I adopted that flash card idea, jotting down and highlighting important things. During work the girl I'm dating texted me letting me know she no longer wants to date so she can focus on her aspirations. It didn't dampen my mood or sidetrack me. I'm not even upset over it, life goes on.

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Good stuff @Darrenloses and you can focus on your aspirations too. You can do better than her anyway - you want someone supportive who is on your side.

Really pleased the work is going better and flash cards helping - see you are NOT STUPID:-) you only needed to find the right way for you to learn

Darrenloses

Darrenloses

Student
Nov 27, 2018
Good stuff @Darrenloses and you can focus on your aspirations too. You can do better than her anyway - you want someone supportive who is on your side.

Really pleased the work is going better and flash cards helping - see you are NOT STUPID:-) you only needed to find the right way for you to learn

If it weren't for you ☀️ thank you for the kindness

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deleted member 4993 and brighter
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
If it weren't for you ☀️ thank you for the kindness

Pleased to help :-)

I get lots of help from people on here so it's nice to be able to pass it on tbh

S

sólstafir

Experienced
Nov 1, 2018
I am just thinking about the topic 'me being dumb' today, scrolling through the websites of universities of my country. I know I've loved studying when I'm feeling good, confident, interested, focused - it has happened with music and math in the past, like the outside world disappears, but it doesn't work with depressed me. And I'm thinking that studying is so connected how you feel inside. You have to feel motivated to study, and you have to be...even loved by someone, by yourself or by someone else. You basically have to have normal self-esteem. If you have low self-esteem, you just give up more easily than people with high self-esteem. Sometimes people with low self-esteem feel like their worth as a humanbeing depends on their achievements, so they get more frustrated with everything, because for them it's "All or nothing" and they're more afraid to make mistakes since mistake is the end of the world. I think there is potential in me to succeed in something if I could somehow not believe that I'm worthless. So yea basically low self-esteem, brain fog too is what makes me feel dumb currently.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I can't participate in intelligent discussions, I know nothing about politics, I can't hold a conversation with a person in real life.

I haven't posted on here in a while, the last time I posted I spoke about how I had a shit job and recently applied for a telecommunications job. Well low and behold I got said job nearly 2 weeks ago, myself and 3 new starts are being taught in a classroom type thing before we get thrown into the deepend.

Unfortunately I'm lagging behind the other new starts...reminds me of my horrific time in high school. The teacher asks questions and everyone but me throws answers at him, I stay mute because I don't know the answers. It's demoralising. I want this job, and the teacher has my full attention during class, but stupid can only learn so much. I legit am dumb as a doorknob.

We have a test on Friday, you need at least 85% to pass. 3 of the 4 of us will pass.

I need to source SN soon, to rid me of this self defeating attitude.
You don't seem dumb, but it's possible that you have a attention problem. Could be the environment doesn't suit u. You might not be that interested in the material but are forcing yourself. I never learn when I'm actually trying lol! There's definitely different types of learners. I learn best by doing, but also if the speaker is very good and engaging.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Darrenloses and Deleted member 4993
Darrenloses

Darrenloses

Student
Nov 27, 2018
You don't seem dumb, but it's possible that you have a attention problem. Could be the environment doesn't suit u. You might not be that interested in the material but are forcing yourself. I never learn when I'm actually trying lol! There's definitely different types of learners. I learn best by doing, but also if the speaker is very good and engaging.

I've always struggled with holding my attention to things. Especially during school. As I've gotten older I think I'm become more attentive, an example is this job, it's just my memory is that of a goldfish

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and Final Escape
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
How did today go @Darrenloses ? Are you all set for tomorrow

Reactions: brighter and Weeping Garbage Can