• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

BaconCheeseburger

BaconCheeseburger

Comfort-eating
Aug 4, 2018
I've posted about this quite a few times because it's probably main cause of anxiety and need to CTB right now.

I am in an awful job which is understaffed and overworked. I've been here two months and as a result, I've gone from being on no medication to daily IBS tablets, regular anxiety tablets and I'm soon to start a year of coldsore treatment (the anxiety and stress has upset my immune system so much that I need antivirals every day for a year to calm my body down).

I feel trapped as fuck and I'm very resentful towards the people I work with. Job hunting is a long process and I've only just begun so there's no time limit on how much longer I have to stay here.

How do other people cope in jobs they hate? This is a Monday to Friday deal, so at the weekends I just collapse and recover in time for Monday morning.

There's just so much wrong with this company that I wear the burdens and stress of it from the second I get into work until I manage to fall asleep at the end of the day (and remember something I forgot to to during the day).

Could do with a show of hands so I know I'm not the only one who has that sick feeling in their stomach the second they enter their building.

Reactions: bayarea, Wolfjob_dayjob, MachineGunDani and 10 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
I've posted about this quite a few times because it's probably main cause of anxiety and need to CTB right now.

I am in an awful job which is understaffed and overworked. I've been here two months and as a result, I've gone from being on no medication to daily IBS tablets, regular anxiety tablets and I'm soon to start a year of coldsore treatment (the anxiety and stress has upset my immune system so much that I need antivirals every day for a year to calm my body down).

I feel trapped as fuck and I'm very resentful towards the people I work with. Job hunting is a long process and I've only just begun so there's no time limit on how much longer I have to stay here.

How do other people cope in jobs they hate? This is a Monday to Friday deal, so at the weekends I just collapse and recover in time for Monday morning.

There's just so much wrong with this company that I wear the burdens and stress of it from the second I get into work until I manage to fall asleep at the end of the day (and remember something I forgot to to during the day).

Could do with a show of hands so I know I'm not the only one who has that sick feeling in their stomach the second they enter their building.
I can relate to this, I've had many jobs were I felt like this. Tbh there's not any workplace that I would say I loved, it was a means to an end.
It took me a long time to learn that it's the same shit no matter where you go.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mark Edward, Angst Filled Fuck Up and 6 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Sometimes I wonder if jobs are designed to fall into catagories of various evils:

1) job itself good - but boss or co-workers make life hell

2) job a nightmare of stress - but you press on as work colleagues are pleasant

3) job not great and co-workers not great but hey! It's a fraction less evil than last job :-(

I'm really sorry @BaconCheeseburger :-( as there are few things that grind you down than when you dread going to work and wake up feeling sick at the thought of going in xx

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, not-2-b-the-answer, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 7 others
Firecaste

Firecaste

Experienced
Jan 5, 2019
Right now I wish I had a job to hate. xD

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, BaconCheeseburger and 3 others
T

TooLate2582

Experienced
May 6, 2018
Love what I do, hate who I do it for.

Also, what I do, despite loving it, is slowly destroying me both mentally and physically....and I'm ok with that because I love it so much.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Johnnythefox and 4 others
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
This has been my experience, over and over again. Like @Johnnythefox said, it's the same shit wherever you go. it's the reason i can never hold on to jobs. Eventually that sick feeling becomes too intense and the anxiety overrides the "I need this to survive" aspect. rinse and repeat.

1) job itself good - but boss or co-workers make life hell

2) job a nightmare of stress - but you press on as work colleagues are pleasant

3) job not great and co-workers not great but hey! It's a fraction less evil than last job :-(

or sometimes, you get lucky like me and get a combination of 1) and 2): job is a nightmare of stress (as is always the case with soliciting people for money over the phone), and boss makes life a living hell. i don't know howI'm going to make myself go in today.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, not-2-b-the-answer, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
This has been my experience, over and over again. Like @Johnnythefox said, it's the same shit wherever you go. it's the reason i can never hold on to jobs. Eventually that sick feeling becomes too intense and the anxiety overrides the "I need this to survive" aspect. rinse and repeat.

or sometimes, you get lucky like me and get a combination of 1) and 2): job is a nightmare of stress (as is always the case with soliciting people for money over the phone), and boss makes life a living hell. i don't know howI'm going to make myself go in today.

@Willow Sending you a hug x Have a smoke and if you need to leave make sure you knee the kn0b in the groin on the way out xx

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, not-2-b-the-answer, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
If I ctb soon it's because I just don't want to go back to work (my health problems will make it impossible for me to function properly and deal with all the crap).
I've had enough of shitty jobs with shitty people. It's bad enough we have to compete to get a job and work just to survive but when your job is a battlefield everyday it just sucks even worse especially when you can see all of the crap that goes on and how things are just done wrong and there's nothing you can do about it.
I'm still so stressed out about my last job I quit about 15 months ago that I had a very realistic dream (nightmare) last night I was working there! lol :)

Reactions: Walilamdzi, Wolfjob_dayjob, not-2-b-the-answer and 6 others
Plankter

Plankter

欠陥人
Aug 14, 2018
I'm still trapped in the endlessly wasteful education years of my life. I literally can't wait until that's over and it's time to take care of myself.

Reactions: Walilamdzi, Wolfjob_dayjob, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018

Yes I remember dealing with this. The last time I worked for a place my use of substances increased dramatically to cope. I was miserable. I'm not saying I would be miserable in all jobs or conditions. I just wasn't in good jobs which didn't help. I'm sure it's not uncommon for people to self medicate to deal with a job they hate but it's probably not good if u need to destroy your health to do it. I mean unless the pay off is worth it and u only have to do the difficult job for a short time or something and then u get to move out of it quickly enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler and 2 others
fuckthis

fuckthis

I've made up my mind.
Sep 23, 2018
Used to edit videos for youtubers; energy draining and piss poor pay. Now I'm poor :)

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, not-2-b-the-answer, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
BaconCheeseburger

BaconCheeseburger

Comfort-eating
Aug 4, 2018
What bothers me is that other people are able to go into their jobs, do it and come out and feel okay. I have no idea why I can't be like that. I get that no job is perfect and people don't always want to work, but my best friend goes into work Monday to Friday literally round the corner from me and he comes out unfazed.

It's Saturday evening, I've spent the whole day mostly in bed (until about 5pm when I got up), and I just don't want to face the world. I really need to kick myself to update my goodbye note and gather my method stuff.. but I'm stuck between 'do I make my life a misery forever or do I make everyone elses' lives a misery for a few years'. SO FRUSTRATED.

Reactions: bayarea, Wolfjob_dayjob, 15dec and 5 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018

I feel anxiety when I know I have to work the next day... Whenever I wake up to go to work … and the most anxiety when I'm there. :angry::angry:
I don't know if there is a good job … must be a unicorn.
I will be stuck working shit jobs until I die. :angry::angry::angry:

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and Final Escape
BaconCheeseburger

BaconCheeseburger

Comfort-eating
Aug 4, 2018
I will be stuck working shit jobs until I die. :angry::angry::angry:

THIS IS HOW I FEEL.

Been in only an hour and everyone else has sat in the office chatting whilst I've wanted to get on with things. This is totally the wrong environment for me

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob