FadingDawn

FadingDawn

Experienced
Jul 18, 2023
Anyone just uneasy and feeling even more hopeless about the current situation of the world? Intense global warming, econimic downturn, wars breaking out in europe and beyond? Honestly, I'd rather die just to avoid the shit when it goes down.

Reactions: sserafim
M

M48 Patton

Student
Jun 2, 2024
all totally valid. The world has been burning for a while.

Reactions: sserafim, FadingDawn and pthnrdnojvsc
E

eashanm

Master
Feb 22, 2023
This extinct fake world is hell.

Reactions: sserafim, FadingDawn and pthnrdnojvsc
Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
Well, we know that there have been wars for as long as humans have been documenting history. And actually the majority of Europe has been living in peace for what I believe to be a record breaking number of years, certainly in western and central Europe. Flick back through the history books and remind yourself that life today is not what our grandparents and their grandparents would recognise - and I don't mean the internet. Same with the economy. It's in constant fluctuation. Locally and globally. Climate change is different and yes, it's frightening. But don't buy into the whole "the sky is falling down" thing as every single generation has some kind of massive panic. Funnily enough, European politics of the 30s and 40s was hideous enough to scare anyone with any sense. But we recovered. Regions will recover again. The world itself will recover one way or another from climate change. We might not recognise it. Some people will not like this but life itself will more than likely continue. Look at the region around Chernobyl as an example. It doesn't mean we should shrug our shoulders but it does mean that those involved in conservation, environmental management etc are doing the right thing and should definitely continue. Our individual lives may seem hopeless but there's no reason to write off every human on the planet as though we're all knowing.

FadingDawn

FadingDawn

Experienced
Jul 18, 2023
I
Well, we know that there have been wars for as long as humans have been documenting history. And actually the majority of Europe has been living in peace for what I believe to be a record breaking number of years, certainly in western and central Europe. Flick back through the history books and remind yourself that life today is not what our grandparents and their grandparents would recognise - and I don't mean the internet. Same with the economy. It's in constant fluctuation. Locally and globally. Climate change is different and yes, it's frightening. But don't buy into the whole "the sky is falling down" thing as every single generation has some kind of massive panic. Funnily enough, European politics of the 30s and 40s was hideous enough to scare anyone with any sense. But we recovered. Regions will recover again. The world itself will recover one way or another from climate change. We might not recognise it. Some people will not like this but life itself will more than likely continue. Look at the region around Chernobyl as an example. It doesn't mean we should shrug our shoulders but it does mean that those involved in conservation, environmental management etc are doing the right thing and should definitely continue. Our individual lives may seem hopeless but there's no reason to write off every human on the planet as though we're all knowing.
I mean, no, very briefly: the last major wars in europe, in the balkans, are only a couple of decades old; that's hardly a "good record"; and yes, sure, climate change might fix itself, but that's only going to be millenia after we all have gone. Right now, we're on the track for irreversible changes for the enviornment; and yes, "those involved in conservation" most certainly are basically all ready to tell you that most passive work, now and then, here and there, is not enough to do anything, and that the changes are threatening to be catastrophic. And no, the economy isn't just "flucating" up and down right now, as if it simply had passing moods; it's in repsonse to several and serious factors driving it.

No offense intended with this question, but -- I was wondering -- are you American?

Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
I

I mean, no, very briefly: the last major wars in europe, in the balkans, are only a couple of decades old; that's hardly a "good record"; and yes, sure, climate change might fix itself, but that's only going to be millenia after we all have gone. Right now, we're on the track for irreversible changes for the enviornment; and yes, "those involved in conservation" most certainly are basically all ready to tell you that most passive work, now and then, here and there, is not enough to do anything, and that the changes are threatening to be catastrophic. And no, the economy isn't just "flucating" up and down right now, as if it simply had passing moods; it's in repsonse to several and serious factors driving it.

No offense intended with this question, but -- I was wondering -- are you American?
Erm, my post clearly stated the majority of Europe especially western and central. And I acknowledged the damage to the environment. And that the economy has throughout history gone through significantly worse then done much better then crashed appalling again. And no offense intended 🙄 but my profile also clearly states that I'm from the UK 🤷

FadingDawn

FadingDawn

Experienced
Jul 18, 2023
Erm, my post clearly stated the majority of Europe especially western and central. And I acknowledged the damage to the environment. And that the economy has throughout history gone through significantly worse then done much better then crashed appalling again. And no offense intended 🙄 but my profile also clearly states that I'm from the UK 🤷
EHh... europe is europe, and there are people who still remember the 2 world war alive lmao. Also, saying you "acknowledge" environmental damage is cool and all, but it doesn't matter to any of my points.

Sorry, dude. I know the UK has a terrible education system, but this is embarrassing imo.

Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
Insulting me doesn't make it any more likely that I'm going to look again at your opinion (which even I, the poorly educated thicko from the UK knows is fundamentally different to a fact) and suddenly decide to change my mind. Especially after the poorly disguised xenophobia in your previous post.

You carry on, mate. I'm going to sit here, drink my tea and try to avoid embarrassing anyone for the next few minutes.

SuicidalOrganism

SuicidalOrganism

Experienced
May 31, 2023
the weathers been warmer than i recall 15 years ago

FadingDawn

FadingDawn

Experienced
Jul 18, 2023
Insulting me doesn't make it any more likely that I'm going to look again at your opinion (which even I, the poorly educated thicko from the UK knows is fundamentally different to a fact) and suddenly decide to change my mind. Especially after the poorly disguised xenophobia in your previous post.

You carry on, mate. I'm going to sit here, drink my tea and try to avoid embarrassing anyone for the next few minutes.
Imagine brits being offended that someone is "xenophobic" against them. And no, no one here cares to change your mind. But you spewing boomer nonesense is obviously embarrassing, so far as you do it in a public capacity.

Reactions: cloud99
A

All_is_in_vanity

Jan 9, 2023
No lol. I'm hopeful the world is destroying itsel and it's doing exactly thatf. It's kinda funny actually. People killing eachother over the stupidest fucking things. I'm American and this country has gone to shit. My only goal is to make enough money to sit on and watch the world burn. I'm a pussy so I'll probably never ctb. Plus it's ALL deserved. Humans are evil. They are facing, you guessed it, the actions of their consequences!

cloud99

cloud99

May 29, 2024
Absolutely. More than 800 million people starving in the world. What are we doing? Why are we letting this happen?

Wars, everywhere, all the time, always. Global health issues. Global poverty. Water crisis's. Economies failing, I could go on and on. And all the time our fearless leaders profit, while the majority suffer.

Solution? Get married, have kids, buy a house, show everyone how happy you are via social media, vote for one of two fearless leaders every few years. Rinse, repeat. Solved.

• Love
Reactions: FadingDawn, sserafim, archiveofpain and 1 other person