• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

onbekend

onbekend

Experienced
Jan 14, 2024
I am now anorexic. I am now barely 100 pounds. I try eating as much as I can, but I never gain weight. In fact, I've lost weight over the past couple months. Is there anyone who is in the same situation on this forum?

• Hugs
Reactions: ropearoundatree
Gloomislost

Gloomislost

Pet the bunnies for me · 18
Jul 27, 2023
I am now anorexic. I am now barely 100 pounds. I try eating as much as I can, but I never gain weight. In fact, I've lost weight over the past couple months. Is there anyone who is in the same situation on this forum?
Yup! Anorexic here and it sucks.

• Hugs
wearetired

wearetired

Jan 24, 2024
I would imagine there's a lot of us here. I've found a lot of us with restrictive EDs are deeply suicidal. Not UW right now (I'm not far from it though, and if I keep losing at the rate I am, I will be within a few weeks). Also tried to eat and gain because I know how bad actually being underweight SUCKS and I don't want to suffer that much, considering I intend to CTB in the next few months, and I don't want to spend those months completely exhausted, but it's impossible at this point. My "as much as I can" is so much less than it should be after years of medium to high restriction on an almost daily basis (by almost daily I mean I binge about once a week, not enough to offset though).

• Hugs
cryone

cryone

Experienced
Nov 23, 2023
yea. i know im skinny (108 n 5'5) but whenever i eat i just feel like all the fat went to my face and stomach and i fucking hate it. so rn im trying to stop gaining weight and i exercise whenever i feel fat.

• Hugs
J

John Clare

Feb 6, 2022
Here. Aneroxic and with binge eating disorder.
And in my case, this is perceived worse by society if you're male, so I must keep it a secret

• Hugs
deedeme

deedeme

Whatever
Feb 5, 2024
Not anorexia but bulimia. Been bulimic since I was 11-12. Some periods it seemed that I recovered, however I'm back with the same struggles.

Weirdly I have no issues with my general health. Everything's normal, don't know how long it will last tho.

• Hugs
R

ropearoundatree

Student
Nov 9, 2023
Hoping you all can find some help, if you want it that is... In the case of the OP, @onbekend - have you been evaluated by an MD to see, or rule out other factors for the unexplained weight loss? Or are you pretty certain that you've got it nailed down to your anorexia nervosa? There are specialized eating disorder clinics, or programs that focus on the specific needs of those with eating disorders, as well. Just in case anybody is unaware, and interested in tackling this thing head-on. And no worries if you're not. It's probably one of those things, that you don't exactly running around advertising to, or telling everybody about. So if you don't seek treatment yourself, or on your own, it can be quite an upward hill, or battle and/or struggle. That said: sometimes, even with professional, specialized treatment, and care, it can still not be an overly easy thing to over-come. Sometimes getting to the root, or the heart of the issue, that is causing/or triggering the ED is, or can be useful. Other times, it is more involved that this, or not so straightforward. Anyway, good luck to you all regardless & no matter what! I feel for you, I really do... Well, I suppose I could tell you of a close-friend, who had some pretty severe anorexia herself, from teens to I don't exactly know when. But this was when she was in college & graduate school (that I knew, or had known her). And so at this point, it was becoming pretty bad, and to the point where Dr.'s were actually fearing for not only her safety, but her life, due to the degree of severity of her restriction(s). A perfectionist, at heart, in all-things, it seems. This not excluded. Well, anyways fast forward to many years later, as this was, 15 years ago maybe? She's all better now, in so far as that can be said. I don't know if recovery for this, is akin to some other things where there will always be a risk of relapse. But she is doing fine. And basically, from what I can tell, has taken up something else, that is healthy, with which to channel her energy & pour her focus into, that allowed her perfection (& to a certain extent, I guess control) to shine through. So she in now off in pursuit of that, and is doing so in exemplary a fashion as can be expected for someone who finished at or near the top of her class at virtually every level of schooling. So if you want to, it can have a happy ending (your story). I guess it's all up to you! : )

onbekend

onbekend

Experienced
Jan 14, 2024
Hoping you all can find some help, if you want it that is... In the case of the OP, @onbekend - have you been evaluated by an MD to see, or rule out other factors for the unexplained weight loss? Or are you pretty certain that you've got it nailed down to your anorexia nervosa? There are specialized eating disorder clinics, or programs that focus on the specific needs of those with eating disorders, as well. Just in case anybody is unaware, and interested in tackling this thing head-on. And no worries if you're not. It's probably one of those things, that you don't exactly running around advertising to, or telling everybody about. So if you don't seek treatment yourself, or on your own, it can be quite an upward hill, or battle and/or struggle. That said: sometimes, even with professional, specialized treatment, and care, it can still not be an overly easy thing to over-come. Sometimes getting to the root, or the heart of the issue, that is causing/or triggering the ED is, or can be useful. Other times, it is more involved that this, or not so straightforward. Anyway, good luck to you all regardless & no matter what! I feel for you, I really do... Well, I suppose I could tell you of a close-friend, who had some pretty severe anorexia herself, from teens to I don't exactly know when. But this was when she was in college & graduate school (that I knew, or had known her). And so at this point, it was becoming pretty bad, and to the point where Dr.'s were actually fearing for not only her safety, but her life, due to the degree of severity of her restriction(s). A perfectionist, at heart, in all-things, it seems. This not excluded. Well, anyways fast forward to many years later, as this was, 15 years ago maybe? She's all better now, in so far as that can be said. I don't know if recovery for this, is akin to some other things where there will always be a risk of relapse. But she is doing fine. And basically, from what I can tell, has taken up something else, that is healthy, with which to channel her energy & pour her focus into, that allowed her perfection (& to a certain extent, I guess control) to shine through. So she in now off in pursuit of that, and is doing so in exemplary a fashion as can be expected for someone who finished at or near the top of her class at virtually every level of schooling. So if you want to, it can have a happy ending (your story). I guess it's all up to you! : )
It's strange. I've always been skinny my entire life, but this is probably the lowest weight I've ever been. It just keeps going down and I don't know why. I eat plenty of food. I don't have any eating disorders or anything like that, And all of my family members range from average to slightly overweight. In a lot of ways I sometimes feel as if it contributes to my worsening mental state or has no effect at all.

• Informative
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Used to in my 20s. Then last year got addicted to the skinny jab.
I've never been mega skinny. Certain foods I avoid. I'm addicted to mango. High on carbs but love it.

R

ropearoundatree

Student
Nov 9, 2023
It's strange. I've always been skinny my entire life, but this is probably the lowest weight I've ever been. It just keeps going down and I don't know why. I eat plenty of food. I don't have any eating disorders or anything like that, And all of my family members range from average to slightly overweight. In a lot of ways I sometimes feel as if it contributes to my worsening mental state or has no effect at all.
This is why I was asking what I was asking... "unintended/unintentional weight-loss," can be a sign of other things wrong, or amiss, from physical biological medical standpoint. Might not be the worst idea to go get it checked out? If you're interested that is! :)

thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
I'm in pseudo-recovery right now. I'm not actively in as bad of disordered eating habits, but that's literally only because my other mental illnesses are so much worse that I don't have as much energy to think about it.

I also have just not felt great since I broke my ankle, so it's kind of a moot point in regards to food. I do still struggle with arfid all the time though.

I actually was desperately searching for a forum like this when I was still super active on one of the big eating disorder forums (kudos (and apologies) if you recognize me from the username), so I can only imagine there's more of us here that just aren't as open about that angle of suffering.

onbekend

onbekend

Experienced
Jan 14, 2024
This is why I was asking what I was asking... "unintended/unintentional weight-loss," can be a sign of other things wrong, or amiss, from physical biological medical standpoint. Might not be the worst idea to go get it checked out? If you're interested that is! :)
I appreciate the suggestion, I'll try and find out what is wrong if I can.